Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:49:35 am

Author Topic: Things that shit me  (Read 334078 times)  Share 

lyoko

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: Minor things that annoy you in day-to-day life
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 11:44:44 pm »
+8
People who walk on the wrong side of the footpath. We drive on the left, so we walk on the left.

Following on from this; escalators. Those who stand on the right hand side instead of the left hand side...like the right hand side is meant for walking...

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 11:53:39 pm »
+6
Following on from this; escalators. Those who stand on the right hand side instead of the left hand side...like the right hand side is meant for walking...

So many people do not understand this. Flinders Street Station has to be literally be the hotspot. I used to interchange at Flinders Street daily and I missed a fair few train services because of these morons  :(
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

non.existent.existentialist

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 02:08:40 am »
+6
Alright, so uh I have this sort of conscious sort of unconscious rule I follow. When someone sneezes in the same area I'm in I hold my breath for 10 seconds. But you see, once someone sneezed 5 times consecutively with 10 second intervals ,legit, and I couldn't hold my breath for that long. I thought of that very moment for the next couple of days. Oh and this is not backed up by medical evidence just my stupidity. Now I'm hoping there are people out there that do something as crazy as this :D

NinjaDatHSC1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 10:09:35 pm »
When people get frustrated/angry easily,

Hate to see mood spoilers

I'm sure they would have their own reasons, but yeah

mixel

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 01:02:25 am »
+8
I'm a real petty person so I'm sure I could come up with a whole laundry list if I thought hard enough  ;D

This is a super specific scenario but it happens often enough and is irrationally frustrating enough that I remember it. When I'm sitting alone on the train in a row of seats behind another row where the seats have been flipped around to make two rows that face each other, and someone sits in the row facing me and flips the seat in between us around so that they're then sitting in a single row and I'm now in the group of seats facing each other. It's such a minor thing, but it pisses me off so disproportionately that whenever it happens I'm forced to think about whether I'm the one that's got an attitude problem. After years of soul-searching, I've figured out that they're the problem, not me.

Clearly I'm a very antisocial person. But so is everybody else on that train except the one creep that tries to start a conversation when I've got my earbuds in. And crucially, so is the seat-flipper, because they wouldn't flip the seat unless the idea of smashing knees with somebody sitting across from them and having slightly higher odds of actually having to interact with another human being is as unappealing to them as it is to me. That's fair enough - what makes these people assholes is the fact that they'll be antisocial with no consideration of whether other people are as antisocial as them. Worse still, it makes me an even bigger asshole if I do anything about it. Do I flip the seat back and assert myself? Obviously not; if I was that confrontational I wouldn't even have this dilemma. Do I passive-aggressively glare disapprovingly at the person sitting across from me? Maybe, it depends if there are free seats nearby and if they look like they'd acknowledge me. Am I a little bitch that cares way too much about this? Definitely.

It's a dog-eat-dog world. I guess at the end of the day, the seat-flippers are just looking out for themselves. But if it were up to me, I'd think hard about scrapping the utility of flippable seats and making every train like those ones with the fuzzy seats and shit curved windows that are somehow always too fogged to see out of, just so I can avoid the dreaded dilemma.
HSC 2017 subjects
Biology, Economics, English Advanced, English EXT1, English EXT2, General Maths, Modern History

pikachu975

• Forum Obsessive
  • Stars and Bars
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 01:21:41 am »
Alright, so uh I have this sort of conscious sort of unconscious rule I follow. When someone sneezes in the same area I'm in I hold my breath for 10 seconds. But you see, once someone sneezed 5 times consecutively with 10 second intervals ,legit, and I couldn't hold my breath for that long. I thought of that very moment for the next couple of days. Oh and this is not backed up by medical evidence just my stupidity. Now I'm hoping there are people out there that do something as crazy as this :D

The question is, have you ever had a cold?

Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.
Send me a message if interested!

2016 HSC (Accelerated):
// 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //

2017 HSC:
// English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //

Goal: 99.9

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 09:45:12 am »
+1

I do this everytime. Cough, Sneeze. Not just you :D
Heavy Things :(

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 10:00:46 am »
+1
So many people do not understand this. Flinders Street Station has to be literally be the hotspot. I used to interchange at Flinders Street daily and I missed a fair few train services because of these morons  :(
A good solution is to do the side walk slide, where you turn your body and then slide past the two columns of people :P

shxre

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 10:07:40 pm »
+9
when the person sitting next to you chews with their mouth open *shudders*

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2017, 11:52:44 pm »
+7
When some absolute crackpot manages to back into a parked car (owned by me) with enough force to leave a significant dint in the door.

Advice to L-platers: check your fucking rear-view 😂😂😂😂😂

✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 11:55:19 pm »
+3
When some absolute crackpot manages to back into a parked car (owned by me) with enough force to leave a significant dint in the door.

Advice to L-platers: check your fucking rear-view 😂😂😂😂😂

(Image removed from quote.)

Major things that annoy you in day-to-day life*

🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 11:58:34 pm »
+5
Major things that annoy you in day-to-day life*

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

In this case, I can change the face of the chap who did it!

(Just kidding. Violence is not okay. Unless it's morally justified in which case it is okay by definition)

Nah really though, you win some you lose some  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 12:00:01 am »
+1
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

In this case, I can change the face of the chap who did it!

(Just kidding. Violence is not okay. Unless it's morally justified in which case it is okay by definition)

Nah really though, you win some you lose some  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Were least honest enough to leave you their details?
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 12:01:25 am »
+3
Were least honest enough to leave you their details?
Here's your emoji-based answer: 🙅

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 12:10:37 am »
+5
Jesus Christ.
Shedding a tear for your car right now, Brenden.

Minor/major annoyance - people who don't known how to use the road ::) Almost got T-boned by some idiot not looking the other day, saw the car and was like "welp, this is gonna be a bit shit" but thankfully they braked/I accelerated to get out of the way