Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:48 am

Author Topic: Geography Question Thread  (Read 38609 times)  Share 

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Re: Geography Question Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 10:37:00 pm »
i think vitaculture is very popular so im sure there are heaps of notes in the notes section or boredofstudies
I can only find tourism notes on here so looks like I'll have to do more searching - really not ideal though 1 month out from the exam but at least I won't end up surprised and knowledgeless in the exam
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

Annie657

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 06:08:42 pm »
+1
I can only find tourism notes on here so looks like I'll have to do more searching - really not ideal though 1 month out from the exam but at least I won't end up surprised and knowledgeless in the exam

I had the same issue #clueless teacher problems! If you are willing to spend $20, I went onto the hsc in the holidays premium resources page and bought the geo ones, there is a whole range of notes, but they have the best viticulture notes typed up, like so much on impacts which was my trials essay question and because of the notes I got 20/20! Haha but anyway that is my recommendation considering the textbook has nothing.
2017 HSC: Adv English | Mathematics | Maths Ext 1 | Chemistry | Biology | Geography |

2018-2022: MBBS at Western Sydney University :)

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 10:14:51 pm »
I had the same issue #clueless teacher problems! If you are willing to spend $20, I went onto the hsc in the holidays premium resources page and bought the geo ones, there is a whole range of notes, but they have the best viticulture notes typed up, like so much on impacts which was my trials essay question and because of the notes I got 20/20! Haha but anyway that is my recommendation considering the textbook has nothing.
Wow 20/20! How does one even? Those notes do sound really good but $20 is a lot. Then again I am trying to get that band 6 so I'll definatley check them out. Thanks!
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

sarahhamilton

• Adventurer
  • I'm still in the denial phase of turning eighteen
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 08:16:59 pm »
How do you study for essays?
Subjects: Advanced English, General 2 Maths, Business Studies, Legal Studies, Geography

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 08:47:56 pm »
Practice writing paragraphs and extended responses on the main dot points I guess, havnt gotten round to that stage yet but when I do I'm sure it'll be heaps of essay plans and past papers.

HSCNewcastle2017

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 08:58:00 pm »

Attempt past questions and always revise case studies and contemporary media articles and statistics to illustrate each point you make.

biffi023

• Trailblazer
  • Kum Bah Yah
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »
+2
hey.. can someone explain basically what 'ecological dimensions' are?
like what kind of things would you be expected to cover for a question that says 'describe the ecological dimensions of this economic enterprise operating at a local scale'
we did tourism (Thredbo) for PEA.. also.. how it says 'local scale'.... does that just mean that you should keep your answer within the limits of that specific economic enterprise? (like don't start talking about overseas tourism!?) or something totally diff?
thanks a mill peeps  8)
I
AM
OFFICIALLY
SICK
OF
STUDYING

britt.jayne

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 04:57:11 pm »
+1
hey.. can someone explain basically what 'ecological dimensions' are?

HEYYY BIFF!!!... :)
i think ecological dimensions is like the relationship between people and the natural environment and the impacts they have on one another?!?.... does that make any sense?!...
so i'm guessing for thredbo u would talk about the interaction of people and the environment there... how the environment is impacted (how all those plants and animals, etc that are endangered), pollution, tourist demands etc etc... also ecological sustainability (maybe talk about ecotourism... how they use those board walks and stuff!?!... tours educating about the environment?!)
I have no idea if this is right so please correct me if i'm wrong!!!!!....

britt :)

biffi023

• Trailblazer
  • Kum Bah Yah
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 09:07:41 pm »
+1
HEYYY BIFF!!!... :)
i think ecological dimensions is like the relationship between people and the natural environment and the impacts they have on one another?!?.... does that make any sense?!...
so i'm guessing for thredbo u would talk about the interaction of people and the environment there... how the environment is impacted (how all those plants and animals, etc that are endangered), pollution, tourist demands etc etc... also ecological sustainability (maybe talk about ecotourism... how they use those board walks and stuff!?!... tours educating about the environment?!)
I have no idea if this is right so please correct me if i'm wrong!!!!!....

britt :)

yeppooo sounds good! thanks britt!!!!  ;D

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
Re: GEOGRAPHY RESOURCES THREAD
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 07:54:07 pm »
+1
HELLO EVERYONE..

could someone please help we out.. i was wondering what locational factors include? we had a question on it in our cssa trial paper... the question was Explain the locational factors of an economic enterprise at a local scale. ....I only got 2/4 marks for the question. Our case study for an economic enterprise was thredbo so i answered about it's location, kms from sydney, altitude, topography of the land and climate... the feedback said you need a wider variety of locational factors.... what else should have i included?!?..  ???
thanks so much for ur help!!!!!!!  ;D

Britt  :D

That confuses me too since that sounds like enough for a 4 marker. Is there anything around the enterprise that could have an impact such as transport or land used for other purposes (by which I mean for my enterprise of Drayton's Family wines I could use agricultural land) other than that it seems you've got locational factors covered, especially for 4 marks.

Annie657

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 05:08:43 pm »
+1
HELLO EVERYONE..

could someone please help we out.. i was wondering what locational factors include? we had a question on it in our cssa trial paper... the question was Explain the locational factors of an economic enterprise at a local scale. ....I only got 2/4 marks for the question. Our case study for an economic enterprise was thredbo so i answered about it's location, kms from sydney, altitude, topography of the land and climate... the feedback said you need a wider variety of locational factors.... what else should have i included?!?..  ???
thanks so much for ur help!!!!!!!  ;D

Britt  :D

Hey! So so far you have only mentioned really biophysical factors, so maybe something about how their location is in close proximity to other similar businesses, allowing the efficient spread of ideas? And also the spread of goods which complement their revenue e.g. Places where you can stay, nearby shops, etc.

Sorry  that's all I can think of cause I do viticulture (Draytons too! :) ) Best of luck for tuesday's exam!
2017 HSC: Adv English | Mathematics | Maths Ext 1 | Chemistry | Biology | Geography |

2018-2022: MBBS at Western Sydney University :)

britt.jayne

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 05:33:24 pm »
THANKS SO SO MUCH Potatohater AND Annie657....
ATVVVB for tuesday... u'll smash it!!!! :)

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 06:01:18 pm »
Sorry  that's all I can think of cause I do viticulture (Draytons too! :) ) Best of luck for tuesday's exam!

You do Drayton's?! That's awesome! I kinda struggle with the Drayton's part so I feel like I should pick your brain but don't know where to start. How have you been going about learning/ revising the enterprise stuff?

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 06:07:59 pm »
Potatohater has written a great guide for geography, I'll share it here tomorrow! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

lcamilleri.53

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2017, 06:23:59 pm »
Hey I was wondering for the 2013 HSC Q26 (Analyse the impact of urban dynamics on the ecological sustainability of a large city in the developed world - being Sydney) it is legitimate to say that the changing economic character of Sydney with urban consolidation and decay of manufacturing warehouses has led to improved ecological sustainability. Ideally I wouldn't pick this as my essay but if I had to what would be the key things to note