Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:23:29 pm

Author Topic: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc  (Read 28745 times)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2017, 10:15:48 am »
+1
It's December 2 today and it's been about three months since I submitted my body of work to NESA. Yet I wouldn't be expecting to be stressing about another BOW proposal because I've been helping my Year 12 friend who's proposal is due this Thursday! We're currently working on a doc together and I've been suggesting a lot of artists of influence and directions she can go in.

Even though I'm lowkey stressing because I cannot think of an effective way for my friend to represent her concept figuratively, I miss this rush of working on an assessment. I miss working on Visual Art assessments. I miss doing the body of work.

AFTRS starts in exactly 86 days! I'm so excited but am curious what assessments we have to submit and how each day is structured. We don't really have any lectures and it's a lot of practical stuff. Does that mean there will be a lot of group tasks? I'm a bit scared because I have to make friends again and when I started at my high school, it took me about 6 months to be comfortable with my friends... I'm the only person from my school who will be attending AFTRS next year.

12/13 days until our HSC/ATARs come out ...

Also I got a job at Priceline recently which is pretty exciting!

Congratulations times a million Bea! You are just so spectacular. I hope your Priceline staff discount is fantastic ;)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2017, 09:42:22 pm »
Congratulations times a million Bea! You are just so spectacular. I hope your Priceline staff discount is fantastic ;)

Awww thanks heaps Elyse!!! (and yes the priceline staff discount is definitely fantastic ;) I haven't even started working yet but I can already tell that my salary will just go to all the makeup products at priceline)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2017, 12:08:12 am »
+1
Awww thanks heaps Elyse!!! (and yes the priceline staff discount is definitely fantastic ;) I haven't even started working yet but I can already tell that my salary will just go to all the makeup products at priceline)

You should start a thread titled "AN Makeup Requests?", get peoples orders, and hand out at every meetup ;)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2017, 09:05:27 am »
+2
You should start a thread titled "AN Makeup Requests?", get peoples orders, and hand out at every meetup ;)

"hey guys, welcome back to my channel. today i'll be doing a Priceline AN haul x hope you enjoy this video"

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2017, 02:52:45 pm »
+1

"hey guys, welcome back to my channel. today i'll be doing a Priceline AN haul x hope you enjoy this video"

If AN ever needs a makeup tutorial YouTube Channel I’ll hit you up

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2017, 09:31:45 pm »
+1
If AN ever needs a makeup tutorial YouTube Channel I’ll hit you up

"Don't forget that you can use the code "ATARNOTES" for 20% off your purchase at priceline. That is priceline.com. Don't forget to subscribe for more AN inspired makeup tutorials x"

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2017, 09:52:54 pm »
+1
"Don't forget that you can use the code "ATARNOTES" for 20% off your purchase at priceline. That is priceline.com. Don't forget to subscribe for more AN inspired makeup tutorials x"
Will definitely be trying that! hahaha  :P
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2017, 09:47:31 pm »
+5
With one week to go before ATARs come out, I've recently looked over two discovery essays, one discovery short story, made a list of artists of influence and concepts and helped my friend with his multimedia major. It's strange how motivated I am to do HSC related work during post HSC (i'm really that bored, aren't I).

I started working at Priceline today and it's so different to my old chemist. It's a lot less busy, shorter shifts (+ breaks!) and a lot of products to memorise and things to say to the customers. I immediately get shut down when I ask a customer if they want to sign up for a Priceline Sister Club card :( (if you sign up for a membership card, you can get $5 off your next purchase btw).

I got rostered to work on the same day as my school's morning tea next Friday. My school's does an annual morning tea when ATARs get released. I really want to go to the morning tea to see all my teachers again. Ah should I bother asking my boss if I should do a later shift and do a shift on a different day. My shift on the 15th isn't an official shift (he just put me down for the day for "training"). I feel like it's too early to ask for a shift change. It's bad enough I'm not available for an entire month because I'm going overseas. But this morning tea is once in a lifetime. I get to see my teachers and the school for the last time this year. It didn't register in my brain when my boss gave me a shift that occurred as the same time as the morning tea. I was too excited to get back on the floor again after my lunch break that I didn't realise.

What should I do?

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2017, 12:00:48 am »
With one week to go before ATARs come out, I've recently looked over two discovery essays, one discovery short story, made a list of artists of influence and concepts and helped my friend with his multimedia major. It's strange how motivated I am to do HSC related work during post HSC (i'm really that bored, aren't I).

I started working at Priceline today and it's so different to my old chemist. It's a lot less busy, shorter shifts (+ breaks!) and a lot of products to memorise and things to say to the customers. I immediately get shut down when I ask a customer if they want to sign up for a Priceline Sister Club card :( (if you sign up for a membership card, you can get $5 off your next purchase btw).

I got rostered to work on the same day as my school's morning tea next Friday. My school's does an annual morning tea when ATARs get released. I really want to go to the morning tea to see all my teachers again. Ah should I bother asking my boss if I should do a later shift and do a shift on a different day. My shift on the 15th isn't an official shift (he just put me down for the day for "training"). I feel like it's too early to ask for a shift change. It's bad enough I'm not available for an entire month because I'm going overseas. But this morning tea is once in a lifetime. I get to see my teachers and the school for the last time this year. It didn't register in my brain when my boss gave me a shift that occurred as the same time as the morning tea. I was too excited to get back on the floor again after my lunch break that I didn't realise.

What should I do?
I think that you need to attend work.

Work might not be really busy , but they do need people on hand. You have sorta already shown a little bit of a lack of dedication.

Also, it may be hard for him to find another time to train you as they might be a fairly busy person. Then that may throw their plans out of whack,

December is a very busy time for retailers.. some bosses end up replacing you ... if you do not make yourself too available.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:04:13 am by EEEEEEP »

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2017, 05:48:12 pm »
+4
HSC marks are out tomorrow ...
ATARs come out on Friday ...

Honestly I'm not feeling too anxious about it because I already got my first preference which is AFTRS. But I obviously want decent marks because I want to make my parents proud and feel that all the hard work and sacrifices they've done for me have paid off at the end. I'm just praying for Band 5s for all my subjects and a Band 6 for Visual Arts. I would like a Band 6 for English Standard but ....... SCALING and my SCHOOL!!!! Also I wouldn't mind getting 87+ for my ATAR, but it'll be cool if I can get 90+ so I can get into my school's high achievers assembly next year ;)

I'm also praying for my school to get into the top 100 schools because that'll be cool. Our school's 2015 batch got 92nd in the state and my school kept talking about it for months on. It'll be cool if my year group gets the school into the top 100. But if not, that's alright. As long as everyone gets their desired results and ATAR, everything is good.

(also I'm REALLY loving my priceline staff discount)

Good luck to all 2017 HSC and VCE students! Hope you guys get your desired results and ATARs <3 We're so close to the end!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2017, 10:50:39 pm »
+5
"What'll It Be?"
a post-ATAR post by Bea

I woke up today with a throbbing headache at 8:43am and first thing I did was check the HSC 2017 Discussion page on Facebook to check out the pre-ATAR memes. Though it came to my surprise when people said that the ATARs were already out. I was planning to get ready and to film my reaction but realised that my shift started in one hour so I had to get this ATAR out of the way. I typed in my student number and my pin and came out my ATAR of
bea's atar lol
89.50 lol. My HSC marks are in my signature lol

At first I was a bit disappointed because the ATAR calculators said I could get 90+. After reading my ATAR, my headache got worse. I called my parents and they were a bit sad at first because of how close the ATAR was but they didn't mind because they already knew I got into the film school I've always wanted to get into. Afterwards I took a shower, ate leftovers from last night and put on my work uniform. I walked into work with the worse headache in the world. I took a tablet of panadol, though the headache never went away.

Thirty minutes into my shift, I was fixing a display when I overhead a conversation between my boss and another co-worker in an aisle next to mine. I heard them say the words 'HSC' and knew they were going to ask me about it. They walked past me a second later and my boss said "Hey Beatrice. Apparently your HSC marks are out?". I told them my ATAR and they started congratulating me. Although, I was like "I was close to getting that 90+". I pretty much told every co-worker about my ATAR as a way of explaining why I had the worse headache in the world. The pharmacist recommended me Nuromol. Took about two hours for Nuromol to sink in. The headache was finally gone. But the thought of being so close to a 90 never went away.

As soon as I finished work, I called up my friend (who went to my school's morning tea) to ask how everyone went. Our school didn't get into the top 100 (as expected but I was really hoping to get into the top 100 like our 2015 cohort), therefore scaling didn't really favour anyone. However, all the teachers were super excited to see everyone again and congratulate us on our performance, regardless of ATAR or HSC marks. A couple of my friends got 90+ ATARs and I feel like such a proud mum. I'm also proud of those who got a Band 6 and everyone in general. I haven't got the confirmation letter but I'm pretty sure I will be invited to my school's high achievers assembly next year (thank you my Band 6 in Visual Arts and my ARTEXPRESS 2018 selection!). I hope that my achievements and the other achievements of my fellow high achievers can inspire the girls at my school. Good luck to my school's 2018 cohort. I'm confident that they will get amazing ATARs and can beat our school's ranking for this year (I don't mind them beating us. They're a lovely cohort)

It's currently 10:26pm and I'm typing this up. I guess it hasn't fully sunk in that I got (_____) for my ATAR but I have to accept it sometime soon. Everyone here on AN did such an AMAZING JOB with their HSC marks and ATARs! It blows my mind how intelligent people can be! I want to give everyone a hug. My ATAR doesn't really matter because I'm going to AFTRS next year anyways. I will be surrounded by my fellow filmmakers and I'm so excited. But I will miss learning my HSC subjects. I will miss writing essays about Marcel Duchamp's innovative 'Fountain' artwork. I will miss proving if a turning point is maximum or minimum. I will miss learning all about Darius I and Xerxes' pettiness towards the Greeks during the Persian wars. I will miss watching social experiments and discovering the impact of the Stanford Prison Experiments. I will miss exploring the world of Billy Elliot and his capacity to defy social and gender expectations. But most of all, I will miss my school. I will miss seeing the office ladies when I leave the school early. I will miss turning up late to school and being marked absent in homeroom (happened so many times already. Think my homeroom teacher hates me tbh). I will miss sitting in the common room with my friends. I will miss taking photos for the school as a media representative. I will miss talking to my teachers when I walk past them in the corridor.

Despite graduating back in September, I guess it has finally sunk in that I've graduated. My HSC marks and my ATAR are here. It's probably gonna take me about 2 days to feel fully satisfied with my ATAR, but I just have to keep remembering that there's a lot more in the future. I will be doing a Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production at AFTRS for three years. I will be attending my ARTEXPRESS exhibition in Orange in August next year. I will be discovering new paths and I can grow more as a person. I'm excited to experience more life experiences and events that I never experience during my time as a high schooler.

I know this entry sounds really cheesy and is super long but I thought my last(?) entry for my HSC Journey Journal has to finish with a BANG.

So that's Bea signing off. She's no longer buzzing through the HSC.

See you next year at the University Journey Journal forums ;) I shall be buzzing through film school soon.

x
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:53:32 pm by beatroot »

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2017, 11:01:53 pm »
+3
that entry was so beautiful bea!!! loved reading it.

congrats on everything - results and atar - and best of luck for next year! you're going to do great :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW