Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:46 pm

Author Topic: UAC Question Thread  (Read 109200 times)  Share 

winstondarmawan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
Re: UAC Question Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:35 pm »
Hello!
I have a question about equity scholarships.
In the information sheet, it's noted that:

Once you have submitted your ES application, an ‘Equity Scholarships document package’ will be produced automatically if you have to provide supporting documents. If you don’t receive an ‘Equity Scholarships document package’ you don’t need to supply supporting documents.

However, I can't seem to find these documents.
Can anyone that did the equity scholarship please help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Thebarman

• Trendsetter
  • Gone fishing
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 11:02:38 am »
I've noticed that there are 2 offer rounds per month in the lead up to the main offer rounds. How do we apply through those rounds?
“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!”
2017 HSC: Advance English, Mathematics, SORII, Biology, Business Studies, Modern History.
Atar: 92.05

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 02:40:14 pm »
+2
I've noticed that there are 2 offer rounds per month in the lead up to the main offer rounds. How do we apply through those rounds?

Very few institutions will do offers for those rounds - It's early entry schemes and such that affect maybe 2% of people (and you would know if that was you). Most offers go out after ATAR, which is that big 'main round' in December ;D

Iminschool

• Forum Regular
  • Sup
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 03:12:25 pm »
Are there any IT related scholarships floating about besides the BIT co-op scheme at UTS?
Preferably at either USYD or UNSW.
2016: Mathematics 92
2017 aims: Physics 96
Chemistry 94
Economics 93
English Advanced 90

ATAR AIM: 98ish

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 03:24:30 pm »
Are there any IT related scholarships floating about besides the BIT co-op scheme at UTS?
Preferably at either USYD or UNSW.

Hey there is a co-op scholarship program that is run by UNSW you can see more about ithere
However I'm pretty sure applications closed for 2017 high school leavers but double check that.

Good luck :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:27:24 pm by isaacdelatorre »
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2017, 10:02:25 pm »
 For those who applied for the UWS True Reward Early Offer Scheme - are those preferences separate to our 5 UAC preferences? So will I need the UWS degree on my UAC preferences list as well or can i remove it

LegalEagle24/7

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 05:18:07 pm »
Hi  :)
is there a scholarship for Law at USyd? Thanks xx

raeannechamii

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:31 pm »
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if UTS offers their SRS placements on the 16th of November like a majority of other uni's or if they offer them during the main round?

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 04:24:01 pm »
Stupid question but atars are emailed to the email we have listed on my student online right?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2017, 04:11:09 pm »
Stupid question but atars are emailed to the email we have listed on my student online right?

If that was your nominated method, yep! :)

Jess.martinuzzo

• Trailblazer
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 05:53:47 pm »
Hey Guys,
Hope someone can help me, Im feeling really stuck. I'm wanting to study international studies and relations at either UNSW or USYD but I'm really unsure what one to go to. I've looked at the QS rankings and USYD are higher than UNSW for both modern languages and international relations - yet I don't know if my decision should be dependent on this. I went to both open days and I loved the UNSW campus (seemed really modern and fun) but it is far from home and the USYD campus gave me a very old school archaic kind of vibe but is a little closer. Also, USYD allows me to combine the international studies degree with Arts (which I really want to do), whereas UNSW does not, however, UNSW offers an amazing exchange program.
I feel like there's so many differences and features to compare between the two unis, that I'm so confused as to where I should be studying.
Please help!! Thankyou! xx

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 06:25:01 pm »
Rough! So it’s better campus and better exchange opportunities, versus less travel and a more tailored study option. That’s nasty.

I’d say the quality of your education is probably more important than how the campus feels, so that’s a tick for Sydney (because you can study what you want). But exchange is an incredible opportunity, so tick to UNSW. What’s Sydney’s exchange program like?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 06:25:40 pm »
Rough! So it’s better campus and better exchange opportunities, versus less travel and a more tailored study option. That’s nasty.

I’d say the quality of your education is probably more important than how the campus feels, so that’s a tick for Sydney (because you can study what you want). But exchange is an incredible opportunity, so tick to UNSW. What’s Sydney’s exchange program like?

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 06:45:14 pm »

Don't quote me 100% on this, but its pretty friggen decent from what i hear
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

bimberfairy

• Trendsetter
  • Dedicate the present to working on yourself
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2017, 02:58:42 pm »
Hi guys! I'm pretty sure you guys addressed this earlier but I wasn't able to find the article or thread about it. I was sent an offer by Western Sydney this morning for a course, but I'm still waiting on an offer from my first preference. If I accept Western Sydney's offer, I was wondering if I'd still be given an offer for my first preference course? And can you back out of an offer once you accept it, or are you bound to it? Thank you so much, I'm just so confused by it all.
HSC 2017: Mathematics Extension | Mathematics Advanced | English Advanced | Biology | Legal Studies | Business Studies
2018: Bachelor of Commerce/Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) @ USYD

"Everyone's fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."