Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:31 pm

Author Topic: What are your ATAR stories?  (Read 32305 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
What are your ATAR stories?
« on: December 14, 2017, 10:51:13 am »
+30
What was receiving your results like for you? As expected? Anti-climatic? Did you sleep that night?

For me, it was a bit of a weird one. Between exams and ATAR release, I had a sort of excited/nervous combination going on, but I was broadly looking forward to ATAR day just to get it all over and done with.

I went to bed pretty early the night before (I was tired haha), and got to sleep. But then I was woken at like 2am by a friend texting me saying that the Herald Sun had leaked results. Crazy. Basically, what had happened was they'd published an article or something early (perhaps they were testing it - I'm not sure), and you could search by name. It didn't show every study score, but it showed all 40+ raw study scores, so some people got a pretty decent indication of what they were going to get.

The thing is, though, is that nobody knew if it was legit or some sort of weird, elaborate hoax. I didn't get back to sleep after that, so the next five hours or something were spent basically refreshing waiting to see if the results were legit or not. They were, so when I opened my official ATAR, it probably wasn't as nerve-wracking as perhaps it would have otherwise been.

Anyway, I spent ATAR day just walking along St. Kilda beach trying to work out what I wanted to do the next year. My ATAR threw me a bit, and I ended up changing my preferences fairly considerably, but it all worked out in the end.

/rambling story
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 03:35:29 pm by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: What are your ATAR stories?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:32:48 am »
+26
My experience was also a weird one. In the break between finishing exams and ATAR release, I wasn't too stressed - I was working heaps, which helped, and I just sort of enjoyed not having any stress. Got nervous in the days leading up to it, though, I think more just because I wanted to know my score already.

There was the whole text scandal last year where for a period of like two hours, if you texted the number subscribing to the SMS results service, you'd get your results sent to you. I think I found out about it by seeing a post on VCE Discussion Space on Facebook. Figured that it was legit after talking to a few friends about it. So I proceeded to sit there, with my phone in my hands, wondering whether I should send a text. On one hand, I really wanted to know my results, and on the other, I wanted to find out on the website and wasn't sure that they'd be legit scores.

So, I ended up not sending the text and decided to wait. Fast forward to release day, and I woke up about 6:50am. Hadn't had the best sleep - was pretty nervous. Started doubting myself, told myself that I hadn't put in enough work or come out of my exams confident enough. Ended up worrying whether I'd even crack the 80s hahaha.
I went on to the website about 6:55am, saw that I could actually log in, and the website wasn't being super slow (which was what I had expected). So, I logged in, and saw my study scores.

Wow. Was really happy with them. But didn't really figure out what ATAR they would translate to. Figured "okay, sweet, that should get me into the 90s!", then clicked on the "see my ATAR". Wow. I was blown away. Way higher than anything I expected. Started shaking and crying happy tears haha. Messaged my friends and sat in bed letting it sink in. Time got to ~7:10am, and was like "...cool, so, that was a bit anti-climactic", so I went back to sleep.

Woke up about 10am, chilled in bed, then mum decided she couldn't handle the suspense anymore and barged into my room wanting to know my results because the school had called and asked if it was okay to put my photo in the newspaper and all that stuff. I was still pretty lost for words, so just showed her the website. I think she said something like "wow, that's amazing, congratulations" and that was about it. Was kinda expecting a present or something because I'd just gotten the highest ATAR in the family (and was the youngest) and was hoping that would warrant a bit of recognition. Was disappointed. Dad delivered, though, and got me some chocolates on his way home from work.

The rest of my day was pretty chilled, though. I had an ATAR high enough to get into my first preference, so wasn't too stressed.

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:37:00 am »
+18
I stayed up the entire night on IRC talking with some people.

Then when 7am and results came...I got too scared to log in. So  I didn't check for the next few hours while other people were getting all excited.

I was still too scared to check and I was tired from staying up so I decided to take a nap. I woke up at 11 or something and finally got the courage to check them.

I did better than I thought I would do, and was relieved that I would be able to get into my courses, but I was still upset that I didn't do as well as I wanted to do. I spent the rest of the day crying and sleeping in blocks cos I stayed up the whole night

added
So I texted my parents when they were out at work during the middle of the day but because I was upset I decided to lie and told them I got something significantly lower than what I did (partly to piss them off). My dad was okay about it, my mum was furious when she came home.

I then told her my real scores and she hugged me and bought me dinner  :)
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 12:40:06 pm »
+24
I gotta have the most boring atar story.

I tried to all nighter but I fell asleep at like 5am. When I woke up at 10am I looked at the text message and sighed and thought to myself "damnit now i gotta pay for a statement of marks to see where i fucked up... at least I got 25 for methods" and went back to sleep. pretty underwhelming. I looked up solutions for my exams right after doing them and calculated my expected study scores and atar, and I ended up getting a score in the low 90's when my very conservative atar estimates done by myself as well as the atarnotes community put me somewhere in the 96-98 range LMFAO topping your cohort and full marking practice exams does not always mean you'll smash your final exams.

English was what really cooked me, I didn't realise exactly why my study score was so low until I got my statement of marks but I eventually found out why. I was pumping the language analysis sections of my practice exams getting like 9/10 or 10/10 every time (getting them marked by vcaa examiners) but I must've fucked up in the exam because it was a comparative language analysis (which I hadn't practiced that much), and I got absolutely destroyed for that section. I can't remember how bad it was but I got like 20/20 and 19/20 for context and text response with memorised essays, and my language analysis was so bad that my exam score got dragged down to an A. I was ranked somewhere between 5th and 1st for unit 4, and ranked in the top 10 for unit 3 at a really strong select entry school cohort and still ended up with a score in the low 40's. The english teachers were very disappointed in my performance when I went to school later that day for the post-atar brunch. Also for history I was ranked 1st all year and destroyed all the sacs and practice exams (i full marked something like 10 out of 12 practice exams with a few of them being marked by a vcaa examiner) and i got a score in the high 30's. The history cohort that year was the worst performing subject cohort for the school. I found my teacher in her office that day and apologised to her and she said it was ok and we hugged and she wished me good luck for the future.

Also my further maths teacher always liked me and my friends but was very very concerned about how our results would turn out because he was a very new teacher and we would never really be in class. After he told the class any important announcements and did the roll, me and my friends would get up and go study somewhere else in a different room and he would always walk over to us and start roasting us calling us dumb saying that "you can't just study for further for a few days before the sac/exam and get over 40 study score" and saying shit like "you guys got below 90% for a couple of sacs no matter what happens you guys won't get over 40". well get rekt sir, my whole table got over 40 and all we did in class was draw dicks on each others workbooks, watch youtube videos on our laptops and go on atarnotes. at least on atar day he was super happy for us with a beaming smile saying shit like "WOW I never thought you fellas would do it, good work!!!!, that shows me that not everyone learns the same way etc. etc." (he was a very young new teacher).
Also my methods teacher really hated me.. I've never felt so personally victimised before and I'm getting angry just remembering it. She used to be so mean to me and I would try to explain that all I need is a 25 and she would just scream at me in front of everyone. when I got my score and came to school that day she just gave me the biggest death stare and I swear i was gonna give her the finger but then I got interupted by my year level co-ordinator.

Even though my two best subjects did not go according to plan I had a couple of other scores over 40 and I had back up plans on back up plans in preparation for the situation where I I didn't meet my original atar goal though so I didn't really care. I ended up not having to use any of my back up plans anyway because I called  melbourne uni when I properly woke up and asked them if i qualified for access melbourne and the girl on the phone said "yep you've got like 4 categories so as long as you got over 88 you can expect a spot in melbourne commerce" and I was just like cool (I was pretty sure this was gonna happen anyway). Then I went to my school where they had a post-atar brunch on and the principals all came up to me and asked if I was okay because they all assumed I was going to be devastated by my score. My year level co-ordinator asked me if I want to speak to the counselor or something and I said to them "nah fam im gucci" and he was like "ok cya at the next alumni event" and I was like "laters 💯"

and yep. thats it. moral of the story have lots of back up plans so even if you don't meet your atar expectations you don't really care cos you have a second pathway you're reasonably happy with. I suppose its too late now though.
best of luck !!!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:50:05 pm »
+24
I woke up on the dot and did the whole enter-password-with-shaky-fingers-and-thumping-heart thing.  Looked at my study scores for about one second before jumping up and pacing the room excitedly.  Was pretty chuffed - my results met all my hopes and in English significantly exceeded them.

Later that day, my mood crashed and I cried hopelessly for a long time - year 12 was over, I didn't know exactly what life meant anymore, and I was packing for going to India alone that night.  But my lovely HHD teacher took me out for (stressed and upset) celebratory afternoon tea for my 50, because my parents weren't there to celebrate with me.

In the end, my ATAR hasn't mattered at all in any way - I could have easily reached my course by a 50 ATAR or pathways if I didn't get that, and in the end I even ditched that course lol.  Instead, I've used it to mentally measure and compare my worth as a person, which is always valuable *cough* :P
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 09:34:32 pm »
+15
Ok so not an ATAR story but I'm too nervous to sleep just yet so here's how I found out my score for 3/4 psych last year:

I really didn't care about it much - I did basically no homework and only one practice exam that we did in class. It's so weird how different it is this year, even though I'm also only doing one subject.

I didn't have school the day they came out so I slept in. I woke up around 8:30 ish. My mum called about 9 and asked if my brother was awake yet (he was graduating last year). He wasn't. This was when I realised that I could find out what I got for psych 😂 I googled a bit to find out the website. Luckily I have a good memory and I remember unimportant things as I had not realised I needed my student number to log in. After a couple of guesses I remembered it. Now for my pin. What pin, I wondered. I don't remember setting a pin? I trawled through the FAQ section to try and find out what my pin was. Luckily I remember my birthday. Annnd I was in.

I was so excited when I saw 37 and barely stopped smiling all day. It's weird because I will be disappointed if I get 37 for bio, but for psych I was ecstatic.

My sister had got 60 atar, my brother (who graduated that year) got 70. My sister got into her course (teaching) at the uni she wanted through doing the first year of a different degree. My brother got into his double degree in enviro engineering/enviro science (supposed atar requirement 80) in first round offers. Just goes to show that there are so many different ways in.

This year I'm a bit more prepared. I know my student id and pin. I even know the website it is on 😂
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

• Forum Regular
  • ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »
+13
So me and my friends properly pulled an all nighter. We had three shots each at 6:30am "to numb the pain" and then opened it together and reacted live over facetime. I saw it and was like holy shit no way cuz I didn't expect to do that well. It was a weird out of body experience because I could feel one part of my brain screaming but the overwhelmingly inebriated part of brain was hella numb despite there being no pain. Took a nap straight after woke up at 11 and was sober enough to let it sink in and now my entire brain can be super happy cuz I'm pretty sure I'll get into my first preference !! (Unless the clearly in drastically changes oh dear)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:44:24 pm by 2352300 »

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 04:05:52 pm »
+17
I've been repeatedly opening and closing this thread, debating whether or not to post this...

I received my HSC marks yesterday. Turned on my phone and the first thing that greeted me was an email at 6:15 =.= Opened it, saw my marks, and just stared it them for a while. For each subject, I kept running through different scenarios in my head, wondering where I could have gotten more marks, how I ended up with the ones staring back at me. At the same time, I expected the marks that I received, so I was both disappointed and slightly detached from them.

This morning, I couldn't sleep at all. I tossed and turned in my bed, trying to calm myself down but I couldn't. (I'm normally a deep sleeper once I'm asleep so this is unusual). I logged on to the UAC app at 8:30 and saw my ATAR. It did get me over the requirement for my desired course, which is the whole purpose of the ATAR and what people tell me matters the most, but there is always the thought at the back of my head, what if? What if I started putting more effort instead of procrastinating all the time?

Eh. .-.

Didn’t eat until 1, ate an entire tub of ice cream...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:06:01 pm by Jess1113 »
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

cookiedream

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +410
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 04:02:14 pm »
+25
Woke up at 6:00AM in a cold sweat and couldn't go back to sleep again. I couldn't stop thinking that...this was it. This was the day. The day I had been waiting for for 13 years. I couldn't stop thinking about what study scores and ATAR I might get, whether I would be hugely disappointed or pleasantly surprised and how I would break it to my parents if I did not do as well as I coveted. The minutes were ticking by achingly slowly until the long hour came to 7:00AM. I shot out of bed and took out my laptop, diving underneath the covers again (since I remember it being a cold morning). As I was typing in my VCE number and PIN, all I could think was 'It's okay, I probably got in the 30s for everything, although that's pretty much confirmed for Spesh...no I might get in the 20s for Spesh lol. But oh well, whatever has happened, has happened. I knew I screwed up all my exams, even in my strong subjects.' I hesitated to click the 'Submit' button - I could feel my heart thumping and my breath shortening. As soon as I clicked the button, I kinda hid behind the covers then slowly peeped out...

...to see my study scores staring back at me boldly. I remember shouting something like 'OH MY GOD!!!' whilst not being able to take my eyes off the Biology and Eng Lang score. Mum ran all the way from the other side of the house to my room and was similarly shocked by the numbers. I quickly tapped the 'View your ATAR' button and, in big bold letters, was 99.75. I forgot to breath for a second, then I shouted. And cried. And made ugly whale noises as I hugged my mum tightly and made her shoulder wet with my tears (sorry mum).

My fingers were shaking as I messaged my friends over Skype and seeing how they felt about their results. I could barely write a message without making a typo or grammar mistake or writing the wrong word as my mind was in shambles and still processing what had happened just before. Mum was in the other room calling my relatives and family friends, where many of them started crying over the phone as well.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected this!!! It was a very nice closure to what otherwise has been one hell of a year.

Best of wishes and luck to future Year 12s! No matter what you get in the end, be proud of yourself for all your hard work and efforts!! This is the end of one chapter but a beginning to another.

- cookiedream
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:41:45 pm by cookiedream »
VCE: (click the links below to view my guides)
2016: Methods [44], Psych [48]
2017: Bio [50], Eng Lang, Chem, Spec
ATAR: 99.75 | UMAT: 88th
2018-2022: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ Monash University

! No longer offering tutoring !

prickles

• Forum Obsessive
  • Goals are just dreams with deadlines
  • Respect: +268
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 06:35:31 pm »
+5
Woke up at 6:00AM in a cold sweat and couldn't go back to sleep again. I couldn't stop thinking that...this was it. This was the day. The day I had been waiting for for 13 years. I couldn't stop thinking about what study scores and ATAR I might get, whether I would be hugely disappointed or pleasantly surprised and how I would break it to my parents if I did not do as well as I coveted. The minutes were ticking by achingly slowly until the long hour came to 7:00AM. I shot out of bed and took out my laptop, diving underneath the covers again (since I remember it being a cold morning). As I was typing in my VCE number and PIN, all I could think was 'It's okay, I probably got in the 30s for everything, although that's pretty much confirmed for Spesh...no I might get in the 20s for Spesh lol. But oh well, whatever has happened, has happened. I knew I screwed up all my exams, even in my strong subjects.' I hesitated to click the 'Submit' button - I could feel my heart thumping and my breath shortening. As soon as I clicked the button, I kinda hid behind the covers then slowly peeped out...

...to see my study scores staring back at me boldly. I remember shouting something like 'OH MY GOD!!!' whilst not being to take my eyes off the Biology and Eng Lang score. Mum ran all the way from the other side of the house to my room and was similarly shocked by the numbers. I quickly tapped the 'View your ATAR' button and, in big bold letters, was 99.75. I forgot to breath for a second, then I shouted. And cried. And made ugly whale noises as I hugged my mum tightly and made her shoulder wet with my tears (sorry mum).

My fingers were shaking as I messaged my friends over Skype and seeing how they felt about their results. I could barely write a message without making a typo or grammar mistake or writing the wrong word as my mind was in shambles and still processing what had happened just before. Mum was in the other room calling my relatives and family friends, where many of them started crying over the phone as well.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected this!!! It was a very nice closure to what otherwise has been one hell of a year.

Best of wishes and luck to future Year 12s! No matter what you get in the end, be proud of yourself for all your hard work and efforts!! This is the end of one chapter but a beginning to another.

- cookiedream
Aww that was such a beautiful conclusion ... congratulations on such an amazing result!!!

Sam M

• Forum Regular
  • :)
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 06:51:18 pm »
+13
For some reason, I actually wasn't too nervous about my atar. In fact, I was more nervous about getting my psychology study score last year.
Anyway, I was using the website to view my atar, so planned to look at my study scores first to prepare myself for the big reveal. However, I think my hands must have been jittery because I accidentally clicked 'view vce results' and 'view atar' in quick succession.
So when I saw my atar, I wasn't at all prepared. I sort of yelled a little bit  ::) , which caused my mum came running to my room.
She asked what I got, so I told her, only to get the response: 'Haha, what did you really get'...thanks mum. She believed me when I showed her, though.
Anyway, couldn't be happier.

Sidenote: every time i tried to write 'atar' my computer would correct it to 'star'... so if i talk about stars anywhere in this post, or others, you know what I mean.
2016: Psychology
2017: English [49], Literature, Methods, Biology, Revolutions [50].
Atar: 98.85

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 06:53:01 pm »
+8
For some reason, I actually wasn't too nervous about my atar. In fact, I was more nervous about getting my psychology study score last year.
Anyway, I was using the website to view my atar, so planned to look at my study scores first to prepare myself for the big reveal. However, I think my hands must have been jittery because I accidentally clicked 'view vce results' and 'view atar' in quick succession.
So when I saw my atar, I wasn't at all prepared. I sort of yelled a little bit  ::) , which caused my mum came running to my room.
She asked what I got, so I told her, only to get the response: 'Haha, what did you really get'...thanks mum. She believed me when I showed her, though.
Anyway, couldn't be happier.

Sidenote: every time i tried to write 'atar' my computer would correct it to 'star'... so if i talk about stars anywhere in this post, or others, you know what I mean.
Great story - congratulations on your results! Particularly for Revs, it was great to see you helping Revs students throughout the year and I'm really happy for you!! :D

Sam M

• Forum Regular
  • :)
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »
+6
Great story - congratulations on your results! Particularly for Revs, it was great to see you helping Revs students throughout the year and I'm really happy for you!! :D

Aww thanks. I owe so much to all your help throughout the year on not only the history board (of course) but others. In fact, I could have helped more for history, but you always answered people's questions so quickly and in such an insightful way so there wasn't really anything more to be said. You're too good!

Thanks again for all your invaluable help, I'll make sure to stick around :).
2016: Psychology
2017: English [49], Literature, Methods, Biology, Revolutions [50].
Atar: 98.85

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 12:34:37 am »
+17
Before I could access it I was just trying to distract myself. I knew I shouldn't dwell on negative thoughts and anxiety but also didn't want to think positively and be dissapointed. I woke up 6ish and was waiting to log on to the website at 7 but before then I received an email with my study scores. There were good scores, but my eyes were drawn to 34 in methods, which was a bit soul-crushing. I'm still bitter that in my only subject at my school where I wasn't rank 1, the person who got rank 1 gave up on VCE and didn't prep for exams at all. I'd expected that this would bring SAC marks down but I still didn't predict getting a C+ as a GA. In some ways getting a B+ for exam 1 was even worse because for that I could only blame myself. I now know that I won't be taken seriously if I try to help others with a subject that I understand well and that hurts. Getting a flat 40 in chemistry was also painful.
On the other hand, getting 38 in English Language was great. My decision to study units 3&4 of a subject I had no experience in through distance ed was a risk; I'm relieved to know that it was the right decision and that I still achieved a high enough score for prereqs.

When I was able to log onto the site and see my ATAR I was relieved. I desperately want to live on campus and have been hoping for a while now to get 98+ and thus be eligible for a (merit) scholarship to provide financial assistance. It's also a competive ATAR for my first preference which seems like a really fantastic course.
The dream was coming together and in a few months I'll be a university student - something I've wanted since before primary school.

On that day I had a change of preference appointment appointment in the careers office and talking to staff members was such a positive experience. I'm so proud of my cohort because they have done so well* and I just hope that this gives hope to future students and that they build on it. The most meaningful message of the day was a peer thanking me for advice I'd given them throughout the year as they received a study score of 45 on that day. So amazing to see a student at my school getting a result like that.

The successes and efforts of others gives me hope for a brighter future.

*Doing well can mean many different things to many different people; no one definition/perspective is inherently more valid than another

---- above this line is from Dec 17 2017, below is from Nov 19 2018

I didn't end up being in a position to live on campus,  which was what I wanted from my ATAR. It took me a while to realise that my scores never had the power to do that for me.  I did end up being offered an achievement scholarship,  but I got rid of that for my (lower value) Access Monash Mentors community leaders scholarship.

I was terrified I wouldn't achieve my goal of living on res - I didn't get there & I won't be living on res next year either - but I've coped. I could've gotten into my course with an ATAR 10 points lower and had a healthier year 12, but this whole thing has been a good learning experience so I wouldn't say I'm regretful either.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 08:26:57 pm by miniturtle »

nice!

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 01:24:05 am »
+18
The night before results were released I stayed up with my sister until 2:30am, replicating what we did when she got her results two years ago. I couldn't sleep very well as my heart would not slow down, even though I wasn't actually too anxious about my results as I had accepted some ballpark figures in my mind. I ended up getting about 2 hours sleep before waking up at 6:15am and messaging some friends in anticipation. Then it came upon 6:52am, and I received a snapchat from a friend saying she got the e-mail and saw all her scores. At this point I became terrified, the moment had finally come that I would learn of my efforts from the past two years of VCE and see whether I had done enough to be satisifed. Another friend and I agreed to check our results at 6:55 just so we could prepare ourselves.

The moment came, and I logged into the mobile app and clicked to see results. I was amazed. I had never imagined to get the scores I did, even in an absolute best case scenario I didn't think I would get those study scores. I'd used the atarcalc obsessively for the month leading up to results day and had been expecting around a high 97, or in the best circumstances, a mid 98. SOooo when I saw my study scores I realised I could actually get a 98, sending a picture to my friend of my scores and messaging "omg im gonna get a 98". I was so astounded when I clicked to see my atar and saw 99.00 staring up at me. A score of 99 seemed so unattainable and crazy that I had never even entertained the thought.

I took a second to double check I didn't read it wrong before messaging the friend who I was talking to as we both excitedly congratulated each other. After that, I ran into my parents bedroom in utter disbelief, telling them the good news. It was so surreal, I cried. One of the most rewarding moments of my life.
I checked in with all my other friends who also did exceptionally well, and we were all extremely happy with our scores and atars. Later that day, we went to school to see our teachers who were all so proud and excited for the students, and then followed this with a brunch to debrief (and work out who duxed and got 50s lol).

It turned out to be a really fun day despite running on 2 hrs sleep, with a celebratory karaoke outing with friends ending the night!!
2017 ATAR: 99.00
2018: Laws (Honours) / Biomedical Science @ Monash University