Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:17 pm

Author Topic: B Comm/B CompSci at UNSW  (Read 1011 times)  Share 

Peunda

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
B Comm/B CompSci at UNSW
« on: December 15, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »
I have a passion in both business and programming but I've heard that it isn't a very good combo. I'm applying for a double degree simply because of my passion and wider future job prospects. If I had to pick one of the two, it would be CompSci. Any thoughts?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: B Comm/B CompSci at UNSW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 12:42:23 pm »
You shouldn't be doing the choice based off whether or not it's a "good combo". You should be doing it because you want to do both of them. Personally, I think the combo is just fine because it gives you skills in two fairly distinct areas.

But they both have good job prospects, so pick whatever you feel you would like more. (Potentially comp sci has the edge just because of how much we need computers in our society today, but that's about it.)

Peunda

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:44:25 pm »
You shouldn't be doing the choice based off whether or not it's a "good combo". You should be doing it because you want to do both of them. Personally, I think the combo is just fine because it gives you skills in two fairly distinct areas.

But they both have good job prospects, so pick whatever you feel you would like more. (Potentially comp sci has the edge just because of how much we need computers in our society today, but that's about it.)

Yeah, I'm not basing it off whether it's a 'good combo', just that I've been criticised for picking such courses.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 12:55:17 pm »
+1
Yeah, I'm not basing it off whether it's a 'good combo', just that I've been criticised for picking such courses.
Forget the haters, they just make life hard for you.

(Also, the two are good in their own ways really.)