Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:32:14 pm

Author Topic: Nursing at UTS  (Read 757 times)  Share 

pinkyoga99

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Nursing at UTS
« on: December 15, 2017, 12:46:28 pm »
Hoping to get into a Bachelor of Nursing at UTS. The cut off for last year was 84.20, and my ATAR is 84.00. I also get five bonus points so I will have a selection rank of 89.00, which is well above the cut off. However, I'm worried that the cut off will go up dramatically and I won't be able to get in. Last year the cut off went from 80.00 to 84.20, and I'm worried that it will jump again this year. What are the chances it's above 89? What are the chances I receive an offer? Maybe it's a silly question but I'm just being paranoid and looking for some reassurance.

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Nursing at UTS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 03:05:29 pm »
Hoping to get into a Bachelor of Nursing at UTS. The cut off for last year was 84.20, and my ATAR is 84.00. I also get five bonus points so I will have a selection rank of 89.00, which is well above the cut off. However, I'm worried that the cut off will go up dramatically and I won't be able to get in. Last year the cut off went from 80.00 to 84.20, and I'm worried that it will jump again this year. What are the chances it's above 89? What are the chances I receive an offer? Maybe it's a silly question but I'm just being paranoid and looking for some reassurance.

Hey there! I can't offer anything in a definitive way because I'm unaware of the nursing landscape and the trends in ATAR cut offs with nursing aside from what you've mentioned. BUT, I think it's unusual that a course would jump nearly 10 ATAR points as a cut off in two years, there's nothing I've heard about nursing that would cause that.

To me, it sounds like you're in with a good shot :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!