Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:05:31 pm

Author Topic: Reading time  (Read 4056 times)  Share 

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
Reading time
« on: November 03, 2007, 01:24:14 pm »
in exams where we have calculators are we allowed to use them during reading time?

Odette

Re: Reading time
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 01:26:55 pm »
Quote from: "maxleng"
in exams where we have calculators are we allowed to use them during reading time?

Good question, I don't really know.

vce_2007

Reading time
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 01:28:50 pm »
i think we aren't...

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
Reading time
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 01:32:03 pm »
cos it would help in further, do half the qs in reading time and just save them in the memory lol

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Reading time
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 01:37:55 pm »
My teacher said we weren't allowed to use calc during reading time

gulamali

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
Re: Reading time
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:38:53 pm »
Quote from: "maxleng"

rofl.. we arent allowed man, you're not even allowed to mark your paper with your finger nails !

Reading time.. is solely 'reading time'

rustic_metal

Reading time
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 01:41:35 pm »
nope, you're not. how does everyone use reading time?

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Reading time
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 01:44:14 pm »
Quote from: "rustic_metal"

For maths, I try to pick out which questions are easiest and start on those when we're allowed to pick up pens. Oh and with the extended responses in exam 2, I read those in hope that it'll save me time.

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Reading time
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 01:48:29 pm »
Quote from: "Toothpick"
Quote from: "rustic_metal"

For maths, I try to pick out which questions are easiest and start on those when we're allowed to pick up pens. Oh and with the extended responses in exam 2, I read those in hope that it'll save me time.

I do the exact opposite =O

During reading time I start with the hardest questions and try to work them out in my head, and then when we are allowed to right, try to do it, then move on to the easy stuff ^_^
tankAsaurus ;D

maxleng

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
Reading time
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 01:51:38 pm »
yeh, for further, i skim thru and then read the hard ones in each section and try figure them out mentally or what formulas to use etc, but when i start i just do them in order so when i get to the hard ones ive already had a think about them and the answer should come.

cara.mel

Reading time
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 02:08:36 pm »
If it's spesh/physics/chem, I read though the paper in order and work out what I would need to do to solve each question (or just confirm that I can do it)

English/chinese, I turn to the back first to read the essay topics, spend a few minutes deciding which one to do, then read through the paper from the start as per normal
Oh and for chinese, once writing time starts I spend about the first 30s when the message at the start of the listening section plays underlining where all the answers are in the reading and responding :)

I've never run out of time to read through *everything*. And then when I go to do the question, I already have an idea of what it is and can then look out for the subtle tricky wording

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Reading time
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 05:28:19 pm »
Yes, I'd prefer actually reading the entire paper. Don't try to get a headstart, reading is a great investment and the foresight will do you a great favour.

No calculators allowed.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Reading time
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 05:36:27 pm »
in eco, i pretty much do all the multi choice in reading time. its great. espcially when your basically get 1/3 of total marks out of the way in 15 mins lol, leaving 2 hours for the rest. or like 1hr 50 for you to circle them and double check

in methods i plan on just reading everything and making sure i know what to do, working out some of the easier ones

chem i read the whole thing and work out what i have to do, then any easy multi choice i work out

french, i duno i suppose ill read the essay topics, read the reading task things and work out some of the answers, and then with 5 mins left, read the questions for the listening tasks

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Reading time
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 05:50:58 pm »
I try to figure out whether I think I can solve all the questions. The ones I can't on inspection I read carefully in the hope that my subconscious solves it.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

gulamali

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
Reading time
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 06:04:04 pm »
yeahh for eco, i try and solve all the multiple choice .. some of them are soo easy.

and then i'll look over structured, and re-assure myself that i can do it.