Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:18:49 pm

Author Topic: Monash Medical Interview (MMI) Training: REASONABLY PRICED  (Read 3587 times)  Share 

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
  • Respect: +102
Monash Medical Interview (MMI) Training: REASONABLY PRICED
« on: December 22, 2017, 05:46:52 pm »
+6
TLDR; I am a soon to be 2nd year medical student at Monash University and I am currently offering affordable tuition for those of you currently preparing for the Monash Medical Interview. I am currently taking in groups of 3-4, at $25/hr per person but if you don’t have a group already that’s not an issue as I expect most people won’t – just PM me or send me an email and I will happily sort the groups out for you!

My approach:

Many people wrongly believe that when it comes to MMIs, there is such thing as one set perfect answer per station and that is what you need to get in. However, in my experience and in discussion with people who have actually conducted interviews in the past, this is not the case. In reality, those who are truly successful at the MMI stage are those that can really show who they are as a person - and by doing as such, standing out from the rest.

Thus, my goal is to equip you with the ability to give answers where, by the end of the station, the interviewer can look back and understand who you are as a person.

A little bit about myself:

Having received an ATAR of 99.4 and a UMAT of 88 this time last year, I knew I had to perform well to avoid missing out at the last step. Although a worthwhile investment, I found that interview training was quite expensive and I ended up having to spend most of the money I had saved up from working part time. Thus, I promised myself that if I ever did interview training myself, I’d make it cheap enough that everyone could afford it without having to compromise on quality.

I recall there being people who advertised their interview training, when they themselves had received 95+ UMATs and 99.95s and thinking to myself – of course you got in – you didn’t even have to speak! However, with my ATAR and UMAT combination – you can be assured that I had to score well in my interview or else I wouldn’t have received an offer.

What we’ll do:

In groups of up to four people, I will demystify what interviewers look for and help you develop a framework for answering questions to best weave these characteristics into your answers.

Afterwards, we’ll go through a bank of scenarios that I have written myself, in addition to various resources that I have compiled. Given there is no such thing as a model answer, my focus as we go through these scenarios will be on developing the skills needed to be able to answer any scenario given to you.

Classes will go for 90 minutes, at a cost of $25 per hour. You can take as many classes as you need to feel prepared as I have enough resources so we won’t need to repeat scenarios in subsequent classes.

I will be hosting sessions at the State Library (Melbourne CBD). However, if that does not work, I can also host classes in other areas around the city, as well as over Skype or an equivalent online platform
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:11:40 pm by Swagadaktal »
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

TheAspiringDoc

Re: Monash Medical Interview (MMI) Training: REASONABLY PRICED
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 06:22:44 pm »
+5
I recall there being people who advertised their interview training, when they themselves had received 95+ UMATs and 99.95s and thinking to myself – of course you got in – you didn’t even have to speak!
I know right?! I've seen like 100 posts with 99.95 & 100 UMAT in the thread name.. don't they realise the context they're advertising their interview skills in?

For this critical thinking alone I could say Swag is worth it, but I've seen plenty of other evidence from his posts in the last few years too  ;D