Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:10:18 pm

Author Topic: Can I get into Monash medicine with my scores?  (Read 2423 times)  Share 

thefurtherer

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I get into Monash medicine with my scores?
« on: December 28, 2017, 04:31:10 am »
I recently received an offer for an interview despite my atar score of 94.5 and my umat being in the 91st percentile. I am quite confident that I will be able to perform well in my interview, but is there a realistic chance for me to be accepted? Thank you  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:50:56 am by thefurtherer »

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Can I get into Monash medicine with my scores?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 08:40:56 am »
+3
I recently received an offer for an interview despite my atar score of 94.5 and my umat being in the 91st percentile. I am quite confident that I will be able to perform well in my interview, but is there a realistic chance for me to be accepted? Thank you  :)

I’m afraid that unless you are rural, you probably don’t have much of a chance. I haven’t heard of anyone being accepted with an ATAR below 96, and even then, they had UMAT scores of 100th percentile. Still, you might as well try your best for the interview as it is worth 1/3 of your overall offer and you never know what might happen :)
UAdel MBBS

lazaward

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 02:11:08 pm »
+1
I don’t see why you can’t get in, they’re not the best scores but they are still good scores and you were offered an interview because you have a chance of getting in. Just smash out your interview! Good luck

thefurtherer

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:24 pm »
I’m afraid that unless you are rural, you probably don’t have much of a chance. I haven’t heard of anyone being accepted with an ATAR below 96, and even then, they had UMAT scores of 100th percentile. Still, you might as well try your best for the interview as it is worth 1/3 of your overall offer and you never know what might happen :)

Yeah i thought so, thanks anyway, who knows i might get extremely lucky. :)

thefurtherer

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:49 pm »
I don’t see why you can’t get in, they’re not the best scores but they are still good scores and you were offered an interview because you have a chance of getting in. Just smash out your interview! Good luck

Thank you!!  :)