Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:19:23 am

Author Topic: Jamon Being an Adult  (Read 14544 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Jamon Being an Adult
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2018, 01:22:21 am »
+11
Week 23-24

I have officially finished my first 6-month placement! ;D

The last few weeks were super busy, cramming code to get the tools I was developing to a natural passover point. This got a bit tough at times because there were a lot of last minute changes necessitated by external stuff, but I worked hard and I'm mostly happy with what got handed over (and I think the managers involved were as well!)

Also did a presentation on my placement to the Engineering team, which I always feel weird about - Like, I'm just the intern, I've got nothing informative to tell these experienced engineers ;) but it went well and it was so crazy to see everything I'd worked on in one spot, it was a lot!

Overall, I learned so much and am definitely a much stronger engineer now than I was 6 months ago. It was sad to say goodbye to the team, but looking forward to the next chapter (and a new journal!) ;D I've got a few weeks off now (including AN NSW lectures!), keen to refresh the batteries :)

In terms of rental life, the unit is mostly packed up - I go back this week to hand over the keys and do the final clean of the place. It was cool having the experience of living by myself, but I'm beyond excited to be back with my family and my now fiancé  ;D ;D ;D ;D