Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:14:19 am

Author Topic: BSci to MD?  (Read 5028 times)  Share 

Aqwoi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
BSci to MD?
« on: February 09, 2018, 04:40:27 pm »
Hello,
I aspire to take on the MD course at UoM. Therefore, I’d like to know if BSci will allow me to apply upon completion, without any bridging; does the BSci teach you the required anatomy, physiology and biochemistry?

Also, if aforementioned subjects are available, could you please tell me if I’ll need to select these subjects individually? Or, are they simply core?

Thank you

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
Re: BSci to MD?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:45:13 pm »
+5
Hello,
I aspire to take on the MD course at UoM. Therefore, I’d like to know if BSci will allow me to apply upon completion, without any bridging; does the BSci teach you the required anatomy, physiology and biochemistry?

Also, if aforementioned subjects are available, could you please tell me if I’ll need to select these subjects individually? Or, are they simply core?

Thank you

You can do any undergraduate course really for the MD, so yes, the BSc will allow you to complete the MD. This is however provided that you completed the prerequisites subjects, which are available to you during 2nd year at UoM. You'll have to choose these subjects individually and they have 1st year pre-reqs.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:47:14 pm by lovelyperson »

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:49:14 pm »
+6
In addition to what lovelyperson has said, the Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry requirements can be also fulfilled in other courses (including Bachelor of Science) at other universities. The most current list can be found here
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

The Special One

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do not touch the great one
  • Respect: -14
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 07:45:50 pm »
+3
Probably one of the better routes to med if you can pull it off. Study hard, don't lose focus  and you can do it!
Bachelor of Laws @ Monash (2nd year)

Feel free to PM me about anything, happy to give advice about school and/or uni.