Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:34:30 am

Author Topic: Should I pick up Revs without having done any humanities subjects in Year 11?  (Read 6193 times)  Share 

jollyboat

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
I'm in Year 11 at the moment doing English language, methods, spec, chem, bio 3/4, and media.  I enjoy media, but I was thinking about dropping it next year and picking up revolutions. Seeing as I haven't done 20th century this year (or any other humanities subjects) how much of a disadvantage do you think I'd be at? I know Revs doesn't require content knowledge from 20th century, but would I find SACs etc difficult after not having any practice doing similar assessments in Year 11?

I was okay at humanities before VCE, and I'm interested and would put in effort. What would you people recommend? Thanks :)

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
Definitely do it if you have an interest in revs. you really dont need the back up knowledge and you should be fine jumping into 3/4 without 1/2. I did unit 1 history and not unit 2 and honestly didn't learn anything so just go for it. you will have to do a lot of reading and research but if you are interested in those revolutions then it will be fine :)

jollyboat

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Thanks!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
I'm in Year 11 at the moment doing English language, methods, spec, chem, bio 3/4, and media.  I enjoy media, but I was thinking about dropping it next year and picking up revolutions. Seeing as I haven't done 20th century this year (or any other humanities subjects) how much of a disadvantage do you think I'd be at? I know Revs doesn't require content knowledge from 20th century, but would I find SACs etc difficult after not having any practice doing similar assessments in Year 11?

I was okay at humanities before VCE, and I'm interested and would put in effort. What would you people recommend? Thanks :)

Would SACs and stuff be different to what you're used to in Media? Yeah, probably. But is that a reason to not take the subject? No, I don't think so.

If your gut is saying to do Revs, I encourage you to do so. 👍

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.