Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:36:40 am

Author Topic: UAC Preferences and Accepting Multiple Offers  (Read 1123 times)  Share 

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
UAC Preferences and Accepting Multiple Offers
« on: November 09, 2018, 06:42:04 pm »
Hey, there!

I just need someone to explain to me in layman's terms without all the UAC jargon on what on earth I'm supposed to do with my UAC preferences.

I'm still unsure about what degree I want to undertake and would like to accept multiple offers, if I am successful with them, and decide with options. As of current, I have Bachelor of Music for the Conservatorium as my top preference with an E12 application pending. I need this to be there to be eligible for E12. The other course I am tossing up between is Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Con, which is currently sitting at second preference right now. I was recently got nominated by my principal for the Future Leaders Scheme. The scheme has Bachelor of Music (Music Education) as an eligible course, unlike E12, but also needs to be top preference for me to be eligible.

My question is what procedures do I have to follow to ensure that I am able to have the chance to accept both courses if I am fortunate enough to receive offers for both? I have heard things about accepting an offer and then removing it to shift preferences up and be eligible for another but when do we know that we are eligible for another? I just find it so confusing and would really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me simply  :)
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UAC Preferences and Accepting Multiple Offers
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:48:05 pm »
+3
Hey! Okay, here's your process, ignoring everything below your Top 2, let me know if this makes sense:

First Round After ATAR:
- If you get an offer to BMus, accept it and enrol. Remove BMus from your preferences, shifting BMus/Ed to 1st spot.
- If you get an offer to BMus/Ed, accept it and enrol. Remove it from your preferences.
- If you get an offer to neither, do nothing. Potentially swap the two if you find out that your E12 application was unsuccessful.

Second Round After ATAR:
- If BMus is at the top of your list, you may get an offer for it this round because you didn't get one last round. If you do, you need to decide whether to keep it or BMus/Ed.
- If BMus/Ed is at the top of your list, you may get an offer for it this round, or you may not. You weren't in the pool for BMus/Ed  last round, because you were eligible for BMus which was ahead of BMus/Ed in your preference list. If you get an offer, make your choice as above!

If you end up choosing a different degree to which you originally enrolled, just make sure you withdraw from the other one before Census Date, which is usually in March/April :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:50:23 pm by jamonwindeyer »

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:09:49 pm »
Hey! Okay, here's your process, ignoring everything below your Top 2, let me know if this makes sense:

First Round After ATAR:
- If you get an offer to BMus, accept it and enrol. Remove BMus from your preferences, shifting BMus/Ed to 1st spot.
- If you get an offer to BMus/Ed, accept it and enrol. Remove it from your preferences.
- If you get an offer to neither, do nothing. Potentially swap the two if you find out that your E12 application was unsuccessful.

Second Round After ATAR:
- If BMus is at the top of your list, you may get an offer for it this round because you didn't get one last round. If you do, you need to decide whether to keep it or BMus/Ed.
- If BMus/Ed is at the top of your list, you may get an offer for it this round, or you may not. You weren't in the pool for BMus/Ed  last round, because you were eligible for BMus which was ahead of BMus/Ed in your preference list. If you get an offer, make your choice as above!

If you end up choosing a different degree to which you originally enrolled, just make sure you withdraw from the other one before Census Date, which is usually in March/April :)

Thank you, Jamon  ;D That makes a lot more sense. Just wanted to clarify that if I do accept after the first round BMus, I could still be eligible for a second offer for BMus/Ed if granted in the second round? And then I would just withdraw from the one I end up choosing not to study?
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:41:37 pm »
+1
Thank you, Jamon  ;D That makes a lot more sense. Just wanted to clarify that if I do accept after the first round BMus, I could still be eligible for a second offer for BMus/Ed if granted in the second round? And then I would just withdraw from the one I end up choosing not to study?

Yes, absolutely right, as long as you move it to Preference #1. UAC doesn't know about your enrolment into USYD, so they won't know that you are already in BMus and so will just keep offering it to you since it is your first preference. To get the offer to BMus/Ed, you need to move it to spot #1. But yes, then it is just about picking your choice ;D