Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:12:50 am

Author Topic: Monash Physiotherapy Guarantee  (Read 1176 times)  Share 

andytime

• Adventurer
  • hello!
  • Respect: +18
Monash Physiotherapy Guarantee
« on: November 12, 2018, 04:35:40 pm »
Hi!

I've noticed that under the Monash Guarantee of a 92 ATAR for Physiotherapy, there is an asterisk that says "conditions apply for the Monash Guarantee". What are these conditions and if I were to achieve an ATAR of 92, would I be successful in gaining a place in the course?

Thanks in advance.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Monash Physiotherapy Guarantee
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:43:02 pm »
+5
Hi there! I'm a current Monash Physio student so I hope I can answer your questions well enough.

You can refer to Monash's info page about the Monash Guarantee to learn the specific details about it. Essentially you have to meet one or more of these criteria:
- have experienced financial disadvantage
- live in a low socio-economic area
- are an Indigenous Australian
- attend a listed Monash under-represented school
(you can search for the low SES areas and under-represented schools on the web page)

It's impossible to say for certain whether you'd get a place, as course cut-offs change from year to year depending on the demand for the particular course. That being said, if you meet the Monash Guarantee requirements and achieve an ATAR above the Monash Guarantee cut-off for the course, you are likely to get an offer (although it depends on how all the other people who have qualified for the Guarantee perform and how many have applied).