Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:32:50 pm

Author Topic: transferring after the first year of biomed..  (Read 3632 times)  Share 

...HeLloWoRlD...

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
transferring after the first year of biomed..
« on: November 27, 2018, 04:47:41 pm »
Hi,
I was wondering how, after the first year, the transfers to med ( to interstate unis) from Biomed (Monash) work?
I know a couple of people who have gotten into med in Newcastle after only completing the first year of Biomedicine at Monash, so I was wondering what the requirements are for this?
Thank you

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
Re: transferring after the first year of biomed..
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:57:24 pm »
+2
You might find this link helpful: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/joint-medical-program/selection-process/academic-eligibility

In summary, you can still apply for the medical course at Newcastle if you have completed at least one year of tertiary studies. In this case, you ATAR will not be considered. However, you must still sit the UMAT/UCAT like the Year 12 applicants.

There are also some other universities that will allow you to apply for their undergraduate medical courses, even if you have already begun tertiary studies elsewhere. If you're interested, have a look around the sites for the different undergrad medical courses, and be sure to look specifically at their entry requirements and eligibility, especially at whether you can apply if you have already begun tertiary studies.

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: I should probably add - this pathway isn't restricted to only Monash biomed students :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 05:01:18 pm by VanillaRice »
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]