Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:28:41 am

Author Topic: Class of 2022!  (Read 30737 times)

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: Class of 2022!
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2021, 05:52:25 pm »
+2
Hey Class of '22ers!

How is Year 11 going so far? :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2021, 09:24:15 pm »
+3
Hey! Lets go through this in catagories cause why not try something new?
English: One of 2 classes where I actually have my main group of friends kinda, started of well but my last assesment I got below avergae...was really bloody sad about that cause I submitted so many pratice pieces...
Methods: Only good friends (i am friends with a couple others) with one other guy who is also in physics class, doing very well grade wise but feeling the preasure from students to not ask questions and am kinda ostrocied cause I can't relate to their struggles...
Spec: One of 2 people in class, great teacher, the other guy is a real great person (and if im being honest a tad smarter than me) but recently I have been able to pull ahead of him with grades, tho I felt like I didn't really understand the content until the day before the test RIP.
Physics: Man, it is a depressing class. I love physics, the teacher is cool but it hurts looking at kids who don't alway find the content easy. Then recentl during online learning I have been severely struggling with this 1 specific excersize which is killing my confidence.
Chemistry: Oh chem, u motherf***er. I could not understate how much I despise this subject and whilst my grades r kinda average, I am hoping to drop it for a uni extension subject which is just another source of stress looming over me.

Religion and Society 3/4: Man, my only 3/4 subject. Won't lie, it is hard. Definetely outside of my comfort zone and I am feeling some imense preasure/worry there but I think I just have to keep moving foward. Have a sac for it in 1.5 weeks but we have already started next AOS so that is an F.
Cocirricular: Chess-Went on a prolonged losing streak causing me to give up on it, yet still ended up doing well in the tournement lol. Debating-My fav one, it is very fun and we got into finals with a perfect 5 wins 0 loses. Volunteering-Cancelled for second year in a row :(
Gaming: Recently piked up Genshin Impact, very fun. Been on a Genshin grind for like 2 weeks in order to escape the crushing expectations of reality.
Family- Parents keep fighting with each other, so fam is tense. Fair bit gets taken out on me so home learning has been super rough haha...just gonna keep soldiering through it but I been thinking of picking up a job and moving out in a couple years tho thats kinda optomistoc/childish.
General mood/motivation: Exponentially deteriorating but I think i'm getting a bit better.
Friends: God I miss talking to people...been keeping contact I guess but ya know, HL sucks
TlDR: Not a happy camper but will continue trying I guess...

"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

HEYBESITEEE

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2021, 11:35:28 pm »
+2
hey class of 2022, anyone doing chem and HHD, should I drop chem for HHD??

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2021, 01:30:23 pm »
+3
Not a Class of 22 member, but I did HHD last year and am doing chem this year.

In short, I think it's best to consider a) prerequisites, b) interests and c) strengths and weaknesses and consider your individual circumstances. It might be helpful to make a pros and cons list based on those things. If you don't have the prerequisites for a course, there are ways around it (e.g. bridging courses, doing postgrad study or transferring from another degree if possible). In saying that, if a subject is a prerequisite, the knowledge you learn will probably carry over quite a bit, so if you don't like a particular subject, perhaps it's good to keep that in mind. HHD 1/2 and 3/4 don't really overlap very much so you shouldn't have much trouble picking 3/4 up. I also think it's a good idea to have a read through the study designs to get an idea of what the content is about. :)

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

Brkwntr

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2021, 09:23:14 am »
+1
hey class of 2022, anyone doing chem and HHD, should I drop chem for HHD??

I'm doing HHD at the moment. I was doing chem for unit 1 but it was super hard and I hated it. So I would definitely recommend dropping chem for HHD.

Brkwntr

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2021, 09:27:40 am »
+2
Hey Class of '22ers!

OMG! It's been ok so far. Sooo much better since dropping chem for accounting! As far as grades go I'm a pretty average student so don't really get into too much trouble. I absolutely hate remote learning lol!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:35:15 am by Brkwntr »

Brkwntr

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2021, 09:32:10 am »
+1
I'm starting to get ready to prepare for units 3/4 next year and was wondering if anyone had any study techniques that really work for them especially for sac and exam revision. My grades are generally pretty average but as I am aiming for an 82.5 ATAR I'd love to improve my grades so that this is possible.

The subjects I am doing next year are:

3/4 HHD
3/4 English
3/4 Physical education
3/4 Biology
3/4 Accounting

VCEStudent2034

• Trendsetter
  • ‘Believe you can and you’re halfway there.’ - T.R.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2021, 01:17:56 pm »
+3
Hey Class of '22ers!

Been stressful. Preparing for my Methods 3&4 exams that are coming up soon... it’s my only yr 12 subject.

Anyone else? How’s it going? What 3&4 subjects are you guys doing in yr 11?

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2021, 07:14:06 pm »
+2
Hey everyone, I know this sounds like a bit of a plugin to the forum chat, but I just wanted to open up my message box for anyone who has questions about next year.
I might not be able to tell you how to get a 50 in chem or spec, but I can tell you how to avoid getting scores like I did.
Study tips, ways to improve on SACs and even advice on subjects as well. Of course, you might need a tutor for getting a super duper amazing, earth-shattering ATAR, but if you want to keep from falling behind and have your doubts about this year: I am more than happy to answer any questions, and give advice.
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.