Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:03:22 pm

Author Topic: Married at First Sight  (Read 8887 times)

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Married at First Sight
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 10:28:37 pm »
+3
This show is getting more and more ridiculous every time a new episode is aired.
If someone says they want to leave three times in a row, they should be allowed to leave.
#freemick

Definitely some very serious ethical issues with that, among many others inherent in the show. Just ridiculous.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 10:44:37 pm »
I must admit at first I loved the drama but this behaviour is absolutely disgusting and makes me quite angry tbh...

From the "experts" who are allowing this shit to proceed fully knowing at least a rumour is floating around, without really addressing it. I get it creates higher audiences/ratings but my god it is so wrong and really normalises the idea of cheating. Cheating is wrong and this should not be given any more airtime. Intervention needed to save whatever ethics the show has left.

To Jess / Dan who are literally cheating while the other two (well.. I think Mick has an idea) are completely oblivious. It's very sad. What a fantastic influence Dan is on his young child by doing this.

I know this entire shit is scripted but they ought to be ashamed for allowing it to air and making innocent people look like complete morons while their other half are covertly hooking up.

This week I wanted them to do the right thing and leave. Stop putting their other half through this crap.

Can I also just say how disgusted I am with some of the outfits the ladies are wearing... have some bloody class.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:51:33 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 09:09:30 am »
+2
Show has gone on about 50% too long IMO.

Can I also just say how disgusted I am with some of the outfits the ladies are wearing... have some bloody class.

?

I've floated in and out tbh so had missed a bunch of episodes, but which outfits are you referring to here?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 06:33:54 pm »
+4
From the "experts" who are allowing this shit to proceed fully knowing at least a rumour is floating around, without really addressing it. I get it creates higher audiences/ratings but my god it is so wrong and really normalises the idea of cheating. Cheating is wrong and this should not be given any more airtime. Intervention needed to save whatever ethics the show has left.

To Jess / Dan who are literally cheating while the other two (well.. I think Mick has an idea) are completely oblivious. It's very sad. What a fantastic influence Dan is on his young child by doing this.

100% definitely doing it for the ratings. I'm actually researching the stats for MAFS for my uni assignment and if you look at the wikipedia page for this season, the views are consistently in the millions- always the #1 show airing every night. The producers definitely know what they're doing which is sad because it breaks all ethical and moral codes.

Can you please elaborate on this? I believe that the ladies on the show can wear whatever pleases them. It should be the behaviour for most of the women (besides Jules, perhaps Cyrell and Liz) that need to be called out, not what they are wearing.

Show has gone on about 50% too long IMO.

Well it makes sense that the show is going on for a bloody long time since the experiment goes on for 8 weeks + a reunion. It's actually interesting to look at the episodes from the early seasons. There's literally 6 episodes in the first season while there's 32 episodes in last year's season. Makes sense since the show is very marketable and feasible due to its popularity in the media. It is one of the most, if not the most, popular dating show on television- just behind The Bachelor series.
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.