Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:38:55 pm

Author Topic: 10 or 12 Units  (Read 1176 times)

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
10 or 12 Units
« on: February 18, 2019, 06:55:18 pm »
Hi all I need some advice please!!
I'm currently in year 12, and these are the subjects I do
English Adv
English Ext
Maths Adv
Modern
Legal
Economics
SOR1

The things is, I feel like I need 12 units bc i'm so so worried i'll majorly stuff up the HSC bc i'm not confident in all my subjects, but i also know if I have 10, then I can focus solely on those. With modern history, I know I'm going to find it difficult to remember all the content and make judgements of my own. With economics, I have a bad teacher and am going to have to teach all the content to myself (which is gonna be difficult). And maths I also struggle with a lot :(  What do you guys recommend I do??
thanks!

avocadinq

• MOTM: FEB 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +44
Re: 10 or 12 Units
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 07:30:46 pm »
+4
English Adv
English Ext
Maths Adv
Modern
Legal
Economics
SOR1

The things is, I feel like I need 12 units bc i'm so so worried i'll majorly stuff up the HSC bc i'm not confident in all my subjects, but i also know if I have 10, then I can focus solely on those. With modern history, I know I'm going to find it difficult to remember all the content and make judgements of my own. With economics, I have a bad teacher and am going to have to teach all the content to myself (which is gonna be difficult). And maths I also struggle with a lot :(  What do you guys recommend I do??
thanks!
Hey there,
I've been through a similar situation (dropping physics after being on 13 units) and I believe the best thing to do right now is to keep all your subjects at the moment until you are entirely sure of what subject to drop. Consider making a pros and cons list about subjects that you are considering on dropping. Also talk to your teachers and friends to see what they think - since they know you best. At the end of the day, the HSC is determined by you and it is important that you have no regrets after dropping a subject. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 08:02:46 pm by avocadinq »
HSC 2019 | chemistry, english advanced, mathematics, mathematics ext 1, modern history and legal studies
For more study inspiration, check out my studygram! @quadrtics

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
Re: 10 or 12 Units
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 07:56:55 pm »
+3
English Adv
English Ext
Maths Adv
Modern
Legal
Economics
SOR1

thanks!

Hey!

Totally agree with avocadinq, I'd wait it out this term and see which subject you are ranked the worst in as well. I'd also consider which subjects you think you can get better at if you had the time to put more effort in, e.g. maths if you had more time to do extra questions (as its all practice).
I am also all for pros/cons lists, they work a charm.

Let us know what you decide!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}