Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:07:13 pm

Author Topic: what study scores i need to attain 65-70 atar score, i need some motivation  (Read 6742 times)  Share 

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
i really want an atar of 65-70, many people say i need high 80's to achieve at least a 27 study score (i think im gonna be a humliation to my family)
      i literally wanna cry when i put in my estimated study scores into the monash atar calculator. (an example down below)                 
English:27(do you all think i can achieve higher cause im averaging a 61 in year 10, my year 10 ranking is above the middle)
bio:29
physical edu: 32
HHD: 31
further 28

sorry for my bad grammar
thank you, i wish i can one day achieve such score  :'(
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

hawkrook

• Adventurer
many people say i need high 80's to achieve at least a 27 study score (i think im gonna be a humliation to my family)

While the percentage required to achieve a given study score will differ between subjects, for English, 60% on the exam would yield you around a 32 given equivalent sac scores. With 80% you are looking at 40+, based on last year's grade distribution. Do you know the average study score of your school? This would give you a better idea of where you're heading, knowing that you're above average.

YussifK

• Trendsetter
While the percentage required to achieve a given study score will differ between subjects, for English, 60% on the exam would yield you around a 32 given equivalent sac scores. With 80% you are looking at 40+, based on last year's grade distribution. Do you know the average study score of your school? This would give you a better idea of where you're heading, knowing that you're above average.

The average study score at my school is unfortunately 25.

. I’m wanting to become a medical researcher.. but I’m scared if I don’t get the score I want.. I’m not looking into pathways. I want a direct entry..
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

hawkrook

• Adventurer
The average study score at my school is unfortunately 25.

. I’m wanting to become a medical researcher.. but I’m scared if I don’t get the score I want.. I’m not looking into pathways. I want a direct entry..

Being a year 10, you are capable of achieving any study score given you work hard enough. If you want to prepare for year 12 english, I suggest writing practice essays on your texts and submitting them to your teacher for feedback.

YussifK

• Trendsetter
Being a year 10, you are capable of achieving any study score given you work hard enough. If you want to prepare for year 12 english, I suggest writing practice essays on your texts and submitting them to your teacher for feedback.

Thanks for your comment😊

Do you have any tips in doing well in sacs..(I’m at a stage I don’t know what to do to achieve my success) I’m actually planning to give up..
Sometimes cause my father always puts me down saying “you will never achieve an Atar above 50” oh well

Your the best
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

hawkrook

• Adventurer
Thanks for your comment😊

Do you have any tips in doing well in sacs..(I’m at a stage I don’t know what to do to achieve my success) I’m actually planning to give up..
Sometimes cause my father always puts me down saying “you will never achieve an Atar above 50” oh well

Your the best
I think the most useful thing you could do at this stage is improving your written expression in English essays. This is a skill that is developed over quite some time, and is most difficult to improve suddenly in year 12. For SACs, make sure you have a good grasp of the content and do past SACs from your schools for practice. I also suggest starting good study habits now so you're prepared mentally for year 12. Those study scores are very attainable for someone doing solid work in their subjects with regular revision.

YussifK

• Trendsetter
I think the most useful thing you could do at this stage is improving your written expression in English essays. This is a skill that is developed over quite some time, and is most difficult to improve suddenly in year 12. For SACs, make sure you have a good grasp of the content and do past SACs from your schools for practice. I also suggest starting good study habits now so you're prepared mentally for year 12. Those study scores are very attainable for someone doing solid work in their subjects with regular revision.

Thank you so much.. feel relieved,

My English teacher says I over complicate my essays.. I don’t know what she really means.. and I keep making the same mistakes.

Are Atar notes topic test good?

Your the best
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

hawkrook

• Adventurer

My English teacher says I over complicate my essays.. I don’t know what she really means.. and I keep making the same mistakes.

Your the best

If your teacher's feedback isn't useful, you could try uploading your essays here for people to have a look at. I am sure there will be people willing to help.

Can't comment on the Atarnotes stuff since I've never used it, but Its really important that you buy checkpoints, as they contain heaps of past VCAA exams

YussifK

• Trendsetter
If your teacher's feedback isn't useful, you could try uploading your essays here for people to have a look at. I am sure there will be people willing to help.

Can't comment on the Atarnotes stuff since I've never used it, but Its really important that you buy checkpoints, as they contain heaps of past VCAA exams

Thank you kind person

About The checkpoint stuff, I have a biology checkpoint book unit 3/4 my teacher told me these type of question would help me a lot in sacs

An atar of 65 should be cake if I do my revision.... you relieved me quite a bit... I never felt this relieved cause I overthink to much ugh

I just want to win at the end... but I need support. Just like the support I’m getting from you. Thank you so much...

Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
 The fact that you're already looking into this in year 10 means you have a lot of time to prepare, develop skills,  and form good habits.

I recommend you try to set yourself up with good wellbeing and homework competition habits, practice managing procrastination etc. so that these things are easier in year 12. If you're not sure where to start maybe read some articles and/or guides for ideas. 

You have heaps of time, and I see no reason to believe you won't reach your goals

YussifK

• Trendsetter
The fact that you're already looking into this in year 10 means you have a lot of time to prepare, develop skills,  and form good habits.

I recommend you try to set yourself up with good wellbeing and homework competition habits, practice managing procrastination etc. so that these things are easier in year 12. If you're not sure where to start maybe read some articles and/or guides for ideas. 

You have heaps of time, and I see no reason to believe you won't reach your goals

Hello Bri, I know I probably seem like a loser aiming towards a 65-70, im aiming towards these scores cause when i started putting my estimated scores into the Monash atar calculator, I knew ill never reach the high 80's cause all my subjects scale down. even though my effort is good >:(

i never understood what kind of ranks I need to achieve at least 32 in each subject.... I feel like a loser and I have no common sense. i regret everything in my life. there's people achieving high 30's. and i say to my self HOW?????. i always get a stupid feeling of given up my effort won't do anything great.

thank you (median study score at MY SCHOOL IS 25) theres no point of trying, what are your thoughts
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
+3
Hello Bri, I know I probably seem like a loser aiming towards a 65-70, im aiming towards these scores cause when i started putting my estimated scores into the Monash atar calculator, I knew ill never reach the high 80's cause all my subjects scale down. even though my effort is good >:(

i never understood what kind of ranks I need to achieve at least 32 in each subject.... I feel like a loser and I have no common sense. i regret everything in my life. there's people achieving high 30's. and i say to my self HOW?????. i always get a stupid feeling of given up my effort won't do anything great.

thank you (median study score at MY SCHOOL IS 25) theres no point of trying, what are your thoughts

You don't seem like a loser for aiming for 65-70. You seem like a stressed student who isn't sure where they are going but knows roughly where they want to be. You have time to get there, and I definitely think there's point in trying.

The year before I graduated from my school the median study score was 26 - yet 3 people in my cohort got a 95+ ATAR (in past years the dux would have an ATAR in the 80s). Your schools current or previous performance doesn't define you or cap what score you can achieve. It's hard to push through it but you can :)

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34

Your the best

I assume you are in year 10, dont worry too much. Instead of spending time worrying use that feeling to motivate you to study more in order to get rid of that worry. That is what I do.

As for your over complicated essays, i did the exact same thing and it is a hard habit to break out of haha. i would be willing to give you a bit of feedback on any essay you wish to send me. :)
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

YussifK

• Trendsetter
+1
I assume you are in year 10, dont worry too much. Instead of spending time worrying use that feeling to motivate you to study more in order to get rid of that worry. That is what I do.

As for your over complicated essays, i did the exact same thing and it is a hard habit to break out of haha. i would be willing to give you a bit of feedback on any essay you wish to send me. :)

Omg I literally feel some support thank you your the best....
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
Yo don't stress - - - I know it feels like time is moving faster but trust in your self and your abilities

IMO Year 10 and Year 11 are really different.
The best learning methods to implement would be to work on your weaknesses, work closely with your teachers and focus on what you need to improve. Constantly revise for all your subjects (throughout the year) and expose your self to 'test-like questions' to  prepare your self for SACS and exams.

Gradually you'll notice your scores improving, as long as you put effort into your studies. 

Also, ignore your classmates when they say 'X% will get you X study score.' this ain't true. 

Just strive to perform your best.

:)
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University