Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:57:56 am

Author Topic: Forgotten Visual Analysis in Section C  (Read 2597 times)  Share 

Coloratura

• Adventurer
  • A #1 My Little Pony fan!
  • Respect: 0
Forgotten Visual Analysis in Section C
« on: October 30, 2019, 09:44:47 pm »
In today's English exam, I forgotten to include an analysis of the two visuals presented. (Feel like such an idiot because I usually don't forget to write about the visuals. Now, I'm freaking out). From memory, I have not made any mention at all to the visuals.

How much of an impact would this affect my score for the Section C component of the English exam?

Also, what would it take, as a score, to achieve a raw 32 study score for English, roughly based on the exam?
2019: English [30] | Maths Methods [36] | Biology [33] | Further Maths [42] | Software Development [42] | Product Design and Technology [39]

ATAR: 90.10

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Forgotten Visual Analysis in Section C
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 10:04:30 pm »
+1
In today's English exam, I forgotten to include an analysis of the two visuals presented. (Feel like such an idiot because I usually don't forget to write about the visuals. Now, I'm freaking out). From memory, I have not made any mention at all to the visuals.

How much of an impact would this affect my score for the Section C component of the English exam?

Also, what would it take, as a score, to achieve a raw 32 study score for English, roughly based on the exam?
for a 32 study score, you probably want a bunch of 5s and 6s out of 10 for your essays. With an average sac ranking.

Not mentioning visuals is not ideal and assessors would be expecting you to mention it at some point so I do feel it can bring your scores down however if you are aiming for a 32 study score (and are within that range) it shouldn't hurt too much given the nature of the bell curve. If someone is going for the high 40s  or a 50 not mentioning visuals would hurt a lot more.

Coloratura

• Adventurer
  • A #1 My Little Pony fan!
  • Respect: 0
Re: Forgotten Visual Analysis in Section C
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 12:09:43 am »
Not mentioning visuals is not ideal and assessors would be expecting you to mention it at some point so I do feel it can bring your scores down however if you are aiming for a 32 study score (and are within that range) it shouldn't hurt too much given the nature of the bell curve. If someone is going for the high 40s  or a 50 not mentioning visuals would hurt a lot more.

That's a relief. Thanks Sine!  :D
2019: English [30] | Maths Methods [36] | Biology [33] | Further Maths [42] | Software Development [42] | Product Design and Technology [39]

ATAR: 90.10