Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:20:08 pm

Author Topic: Is there any point of making study notes for SOR II?  (Read 5177 times)  Share 

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Is there any point of making study notes for SOR II?
« on: November 10, 2019, 03:43:52 pm »
Hi guys, is there any point in making study notes for SOR II? Would it just be better to buy the atarnotes book and memorise that information while doing practice responses? This is something I've been debating in my head for the past couple of days and it has really been stagnating my study progress for SOR.

I am very thankful for your time and (hopefully) responses!

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: Is there any point of making study notes for SOR II?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 02:01:23 pm »
Hi guys, is there any point in making study notes for SOR II? Would it just be better to buy the atarnotes book and memorise that information while doing practice responses? This is something I've been debating in my head for the past couple of days and it has really been stagnating my study progress for SOR.

I am very thankful for your time and (hopefully) responses!

It really depends on your typical way of studying . When I did my HSC this year I would just go onto quizlet and search quizzes and print them out and answer them. It really helps when you get used to them and the faster you do them the better you realise and learn ( I would also recommend the flashcards option on the website- the electronic one:)

hope this helps:) and good luck:)
-KgkG-

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 02:04:09 pm »
You can make quizlets out of the atarnotes book or you can answer the syllabus dot points as quizzes if you would like.
What I did was I would write my own sort of styled questions that trigger the key components of the module from my brain. I.E what is kinship? what were the land rights? and quiz myself on these.
-KgkG-

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 06:49:27 pm »
Hey, thanks for the response! Do you think that a lack of study notes was detrimental in any way? I like having study notes but making them for SOR consumes too much time. So I have no idea where to go from here. If I don't do study notes I will most likely go your path where I quiz myself and stuff. I hope I can decide soon!

Thank you!

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 09:53:38 pm »
Hey, thanks for the response! Do you think that a lack of study notes was detrimental in any way? I like having study notes but making them for SOR consumes too much time. So I have no idea where to go from here. If I don't do study notes I will most likely go your path where I quiz myself and stuff. I hope I can decide soon!

Thank you!

you can also borrow a studies of religion excel book from your local library:) they have quotes for some areas and a end of chapter thingo in which they answer syllabus questions:)- this way you will know how to structure answers AND with evidence. You could buy or borrow the Cambridge studies of religion ( the latest one) . I used both of these text books for SOR2 however, the Cambridge one is more helpful with answering questions and the other book is more so to do with content.

I hope you find 'da way' hehe ( dry joke). Just have fun with it!:) Maybe listen to music while making notes ( p.s I feel your pain I hated learning the census content. If your school has enrol that should help too:)
-KgkG-