Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:05:16 pm

Author Topic: journey to self discovery  (Read 23527 times)

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
Re: journey to self discovery
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 08:38:53 am »
+3
Yes, congratulations on a fantastic score!  ;D ;D ;D Phenomenal! You'll be my inspiration for chemistry next year!

Already my heart was pounding.
I can relate to this so much, it's not even funny. My heart started pounding around midday yesterday.

I absolutely loved chem and weirdly I will never ever forget how much I enjoyed this beautiful subject (all of y'all must be grimacing of how weird I am but I won't blame you)
Haha, not weird at all. In fact, I bow down to you!

I was only scared of what people thought of me but hopefully, next year that fear of judgement will be gone!
Hey, it's okay. It will get better over time and I know that you will strengthen that muscle of not caring what others think and just doing you! It just comes with practice.

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 09:18:31 am »
+4
Yes, congratulations on a fantastic score!  ;D ;D ;D Phenomenal! You'll be my inspiration for chemistry next year!

Thank you so much Evolio for your kind words! You've literally lifted my mood even further ;D All the best for chem next year! My messages are always open you need!

Hey, it's okay. It will get better over time and I know that you will strengthen that muscle of not caring what others think and just doing you! It just comes with practice.

Thanks for the encouragement!  :) :) :)

Also` dont feel bad that you like Chem! There are so many people out there that like it as a subject too! I'm doing 3/4 chem next year, and it is really one of my favourite subjects too - youve defintely inspired me to do well  ;D

It's great that you like chem! It's definitely not an easy subject and it helps heaps that you enjoy it!
Again, my messages are always open if you need it next year!
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 11:08:27 am »
+4
An epic score for chem biscuit! You should be super proud of yourself and hopefully I can do the same for next year. Looking forward to next years journal entries!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 11:30:24 am »
+2
Congrats on your study score!
On a side note.. does anyone know how much it cost to get the Statement of Study Score and Statement of Marks? I know it's not worth obsessing over but I am genuinely curious. I know there is a fee but there isn't anywhere that specified it?
From memory it's something like $10-15 for each. It'll say on the form you get with your mailed marks.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 02:39:13 pm »
+1
An epic score for chem biscuit! You should be super proud of yourself and hopefully I can do the same for next year. Looking forward to next years journal entries!

Thanks Geoo! I'm confident that you will :)

Congrats on your study score! From memory it's something like $10-15 for each. It'll say on the form you get with your mailed marks.

Thank you so much!
carl sagan

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2019, 10:30:44 pm »
+10
December 24th 2019
Some reflections on chem:
I remember thinking I’ll never get a 40 given my school’s track record for chem. I remember thinking how screwed I was given my atrocious U4 sac grades.

So the old saying is true that your SAC scores doesn’t ‘really’ matter (it does in terms of ranks but not in terms of numbers I guess). So don’t be disheartened by a bad SAC grade. I remember getting a 76% on the experimental design (the poster one) and then putting all my hopes of a 40 down the drain. That time seems so long ago and I can’t believe how long it devastated me for. I remember thinking that I really screwed myself for not getting into a selective school and that my school’s previous performance will reflect mine. Thankfully, I put that aside and tried my absolute best and it all paid off in the end.

Anyways, I’ve ordered the statement of study score. To those interested, for GA1 my 95/100 was scaled to 100. I got 76/90 for GA2 which was incredibly scaled into 86/90 (ty vcaa). I lost 13 marks on the exam putting my GA3 score 214/240. Ultimately my exam performance saved me and I’m really keen on getting a copy of the exam to see which ones I got wrong. I think I got such a high ss due to the apparent difficulty of this year’s exam. I’m highly grateful for it though.

So that’s chem done. For my sanity and yours, this is probably the last time I’m going to rant off about chem.

In terms of holiday homework, I've been pushing to get my set homework done. Hopefully, I can get a break to start a marathon read. Then I'll start getting ahead on the first few topics and getting organised for the year!

Not only that I finally have a job which I will be juggling throughout Year 12. Some people told me that having a job during Year 12 is a death sentence but I’m determined to have that balance. I’ve only just recently experienced how hard it is to be employed without work experience and for my sake and my ATAR I hope I’ve made the right choice.

Then there’s this fear that I won’t perform just as well for my other subjects. Of course, I only had one 3/4 this year so there is no way I can match such performance with 5 subjects but as always I’m plagued with doubt. It’ll be interesting to read these entries in the future.

Regardless, I’m really happy with life at the moment. My personal life and matters are slowly looking up but I have to be prepared to when it comes crashing down once more. It’s crazy to think that three months ago I was in a really bad place emotionally and mentally. 3 months ago I felt like living was a burden and everything felt sooo heavy from just solely existing. I’m soo glad I continued to march forward and life is looking pretty great at the moment. If you’re in a difficult place rn, remember that better times are coming, I promise :)

Lastly, I just wanted to say what an awesome community this is. I’m often too shy to reply to people as I have trouble trying to put feelings into words or I'm scared I'll come off differently as the way I wanted to be... guess I'm just being weird. Anyways, it warms my heart to see people being so supportive of each other and I wanted to say thank you to all you wonderful people in AN :D

I've also realised how messy my entries are,.. oops.

That’s all for today! See y'all next year haha
carl sagan

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 10:46:58 pm »
+3
Congrats on chem and - more importantly - on getting to a better place :)

It's great to hear that you're taking a balanced approach to year 12 and good work on getting the job - I hope it gives you a well-earned break from academic stressors.

It's really nice to hear how much you value the community even if you don't always have the confidence to reply. 

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2019, 04:18:27 pm »
+4
Congrats on chem and - more importantly - on getting to a better place :)

Thank you for your words :) Looking back, becoming happier and mentally healthy is such a huge achievement for me.
carl sagan

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2019, 06:02:17 pm »
+4
Just scrolled through your whole journal (which for some random reason I missed previously) and it was fantastic to read!!

Also I really admire you for getting a job! What type of job is it? I worked at a cafe this whole year (and will next year too) and I promise you it’s a fantastic experience (and also great to earn some money too)  :D
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2019, 06:34:16 pm »
+3
Just scrolled through your whole journal (which for some random reason I missed previously) and it was fantastic to read!!

Also I really admire you for getting a job! What type of job is it? I worked at a cafe this whole year (and will next year too) and I promise you it’s a fantastic experience (and also great to earn some money too)  :D

Hey there! Thanks for your comment :)
I got a job at my local supermarket. I agree that it's a great experience, it's so different from the academic environment I'm so used to. I quite envy you in your job, it's so hard to get a job in a cafe because all they want are those with experience :'). I have to congratulate you on working yet getting an astounding study score, to me that's incredible. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find a work-study balance?
carl sagan

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2019, 09:59:44 pm »
+4
Hey there! Thanks for your comment :)
I got a job at my local supermarket. I agree that it's a great experience, it's so different from the academic environment I'm so used to. I quite envy you in your job, it's so hard to get a job in a cafe because all they want are those with experience :'). I have to congratulate you on working yet getting an astounding study score, to me that's incredible. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find a work-study balance?

Wow, a job at the supermarket is pretty good though!

Thanks so much, your study score in chemistry is also amazing (any tips for next year?). In regards to finding a work-study balance, I think I've always been used to having a lot on (as I also train 8 hours a week and am in numerous school bands, plus youth group). Personally, having a lot on makes me more efficient and I tend to use my time more wisely.

Answering this question in a way that is actually useful to you is proving quite difficult. Just make sure you never get too stressed about whether you could be using the time for studying or other things when you're on your shift. Instead, use it as time to reflect and almost 'relax' (I know work isn't something you'd call relaxing, but it definitely gives you time to think and sort things out in your head).

Sorry if that wasn't very helpful :P If you want to ask more specific questions, feel free, I'd probably be better at answering  :'( Good luck with the holiday homework too!
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2019, 10:23:43 pm »
+4
//
You were more than helpful thank you so much! In terms of chem tips, check your messages as it will be loooonng :)
carl sagan

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 01:49:35 pm »
+1
You were more than helpful thank you so much! In terms of chem tips, check your messages as it will be loooonng :)
Could you please make a post about how you did so well in Chem on the forums?

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2019, 05:17:46 pm »
+3
Could you please make a post about how you did so well in Chem on the forums?
Sure thing! Keep a lookout for this article :)
I didn't know there was a demand for this but I definitely will!
carl sagan

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2019, 05:31:34 pm »
+1
Yes please do so!!

It'll be sooooo helpful to all future Chem students!! Cant wait to see it.