Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:54 am

Author Topic: biomedical science to med?  (Read 4054 times)  Share 

aziz

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
biomedical science to med?
« on: December 19, 2019, 10:49:10 pm »
hi i enrolled into biomedical science at RMIT,
however i'm having doubts about it being a degree thatll allow access to a graduate pathway into med ):
if not, i was also wondering what kind of other careers this degree would offer
if there is anyone who is currently studying i would love to hear ur advice and opinion on the course

this is the link to the biomedical science page:
https://www.rmit.edu.au/study-with-us/levels-of-study/undergraduate-study/bachelor-degrees/bachelor-of-biomedical-science-bp231

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: biomedical science to med?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 10:56:44 pm »
+3
hi i enrolled into biomedical science at RMIT,
however i'm having doubts about it being a degree thatll allow access to a graduate pathway into med ):
if not, i was also wondering what kind of other careers this degree would offer
if there is anyone who is currently studying i would love to hear ur advice and opinion on the course

this is the link to the biomedical science page:
https://www.rmit.edu.au/study-with-us/levels-of-study/undergraduate-study/bachelor-degrees/bachelor-of-biomedical-science-bp231
It doesnt matter what degree you do it is possible to do med later on. As long as the degree is a complete undergradiate degree at a bachelors level. E.g. you could bo a bachelors of commerce, arts, science, etc You will need to complete the GAMSAT alongside it as well to apply.

I dont know much about the rmit biomedical science course but from the perspective of monash biomed you can do a lot. Either continue study e.g law. Dentistry, medicine, optometry, physio, honours year (going into research) etc or go into the workforce. I know of students who have only done the biomed degree and have got commerce type jobs.