Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:22:31 am

Author Topic: Class of 2023!  (Read 25624 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Class of 2023!
« on: December 26, 2019, 07:37:20 am »
+10
Hello and welcome everyone! This a thread for getting to know other Class of '23ers and discussing all things related and unrelated to schooling!

To post on this board, you need to have an account! Don't have an account? Register here!

JimDADDY2009

• Fresh Poster
  • ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
  • Respect: +1
Re: Class of 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 08:39:32 pm »
+4
Hi everyone 8)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

GLOCK BOP DROP

(╯°□°)╯︵( .o.)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:21:16 pm »
+4
I've stickied this thread for easy access on this board!

How are you all feeling, heading into year 9? :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 09:42:44 pm »
+6
Please remember make the most out of your schooling now, cuz you those years will be your last. Once you get to university everything will be subject you self-discipline, so remember to work hard, but also enjoy yourself while you still can. Although I am class of 2021, I would just like to make this message for younger students.

bookworm1984

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 02:24:05 pm »
+3
Hey guys! How are your holidays? I know for one, I don't want school to start..
"She reads books as one would breathe air, fill up and live" - Anne Dillard

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 02:27:41 pm »
+1

What have you been up to over the break? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

bookworm1984

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 03:02:51 pm »
+6
What have you been up to over the break? :)

Mostly just hanging around and reading... catching up with friends, watching movies etc.

Highly recommend both the new Star Wars and Little Women!
"She reads books as one would breathe air, fill up and live" - Anne Dillard

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 07:08:58 pm »
+2
Highly recommend both the new Star Wars and Little Women!
I'm going to see Little Women tomorrow! Did you enjoy it? I'm expecting to cry!

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 01:01:52 pm »
+3
Hi everyone :)
My holidays aren't too bad, just casual studying and reading you know? I'm looking forward to school honestly, I really want to see my friends more! How about everyone else? Did anyone go on holiday/will go?
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 01:31:20 pm »
+3
Not a VIC student, but in this phase of schooling, there's about as much difference between states as there are between schools, so I'll just sneak join in.

Hi everyone :)
My holidays aren't too bad, just casual studying and reading you know? I'm looking forward to school honestly, I really want to see my friends more! How about everyone else? Did anyone go on holiday/will go?
I am on holiday! Right now I'm in Melbourne, but all my friends are back home, so it's been pretty uneventful. I've been occupying my time by attempting to study Japanese out of a textbook; my aim is to get it as close as I can to Year 9 level by the time Year 10 comes around. In other news, I'm getting my first digital piano delivered soon! I'm super excited :)

What did everyone end up choosing for their electives? I chose Digital Innovations and Digital Technology (just realised they're pretty much the same thing) because I want to go into software in the future, but if I could choose again, I would have definitely replaced Digital Tech with Japanese instead.
QCE Class of 2023 :D

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 01:54:27 pm »
+4
Not a VIC student, but in this phase of schooling, there's about as much difference between states as there are between schools, so I'll just sneak join in.
I am on holiday! Right now I'm in Melbourne, but all my friends are back home, so it's been pretty uneventful. I've been occupying my time by attempting to study Japanese out of a textbook; my aim is to get it as close as I can to Year 9 level by the time Year 10 comes around. In other news, I'm getting my first digital piano delivered soon! I'm super excited :)

What did everyone end up choosing for their electives? I chose Digital Innovations and Digital Technology (just realised they're pretty much the same thing) because I want to go into software in the future, but if I could choose again, I would have definitely replaced Digital Tech with Japanese instead.

Wow! First of all, it's so cool that you're a motm, I'm pretty late but congrats! Nice elective choices, I chose algorithmics, computer coding, engineering and astrobiology -- as you can tell I'm very science focussed, I want to do quantum physics or computer science in the future, and I want to go to MIT but that isn't gonna happen ahah. I'm not that good at Japanese, I did it in primary but I do french now. Hopefully it isn't too hard, right?
my goals
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 02:44:12 pm »
+1
Wow! First of all, it's so cool that you're a motm, I'm pretty late but congrats! Nice elective choices, I chose algorithmics, computer coding, engineering and astrobiology -- as you can tell I'm very science focussed, I want to do quantum physics or computer science in the future, and I want to go to MIT but that isn't gonna happen ahah. I'm not that good at Japanese, I did it in primary but I do french now. Hopefully it isn't too hard, right?
Thanks and huzzah for comp sci! Astrobiology sure sounds out there (I'm sorry). My goal is studying computer science at UniMelb with either a diploma or lots of breadth studies in music. I haven't been learning Japanese for long, so I've only been able to cram hiragana and half of katakana into my head. I know a bit of vocab (mostly from anime / songs) and basic sentence structures. It's going to be an arduous but worthwhile struggle :) Which of your electives are you looking forward to most? Wish I was able to do four :'(

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:20 pm »
+3
Thanks and huzzah for comp sci! Astrobiology sure sounds out there (I'm sorry). My goal is studying computer science at UniMelb with either a diploma or lots of breadth studies in music. I haven't been learning Japanese for long, so I've only been able to cram hiragana and half of katakana into my head. I know a bit of vocab (mostly from anime / songs) and basic sentence structures. It's going to be an arduous but worthwhile struggle :) Which of your electives are you looking forward to most? Wish I was able to do four :'(
Aww thanks, astro will probably be out there yes :) And your goal is really cool too! Ahh yes I know what it’s like to cram hiragana, I’m actually trying to regain my jap ability...it’s not going amazing well haha. I’m really looking forward to algorithmics...I haven’t heard too much about it from others so it’s kind of a leap of faith if you know what I mean. What about you? Aww...it’s sad you don’t get 4 electives, you’ll get to do more in yr10 right?
my goals
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 12:36:09 pm »
+2
Aww thanks, astro will probably be out there yes :) And your goal is really cool too! Ahh yes I know what it’s like to cram hiragana, I’m actually trying to regain my jap ability...it’s not going amazing well haha. I’m really looking forward to algorithmics...I haven’t heard too much about it from others so it’s kind of a leap of faith if you know what I mean. What about you? Aww...it’s sad you don’t get 4 electives, you’ll get to do more in yr10 right?
I'll get a grand total of three when year 10 rolls around :P Looking forward to both my electives equally as they're pretty similar. Kind of trying to bait my school into letting me do Digital Solutions 1/2 in year 10 by going well in these two. I'm pretty confident in them and they're really fun so let's hope it pays off 8)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:38:44 pm by SlowandSteady »

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 12:53:38 pm »
+1
I'll get a grand total of three when year 10 rolls around :P Looking forward to both my electives equally as they're pretty similar. Kind of trying to bait my school into letting me do Digital Solutions 1/2 in year 10 by going well in these two. I'm pretty confident in them and they're really fun so let's hope it pays off 8)
Well three's not too bad then (i guess)  and I'm sure your school will let you do DS, you sound really talented in that area ahaha, and your electives sound super interesting! Hopefully it all works out :)
my goals
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League