Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:49:49 am

Author Topic: First Assessment Ranking  (Read 4169 times)  Share 

darcy4781

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
First Assessment Ranking
« on: January 30, 2020, 04:32:54 pm »
hi hi,
I just received some marks from my first HSC course assessment tasks, and I need some clarification on ranking. If I get given a certain rank, can this rank change easily throughout the year or does the first assessment determine what position you will roughly sit around for the remainder of the year?

Thank you!!!! :D

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
Re: First Assessment Ranking
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 04:56:21 pm »
+7
hi hi,
I just received some marks from my first HSC course assessment tasks, and I need some clarification on ranking. If I get given a certain rank, can this rank change easily throughout the year or does the first assessment determine what position you will roughly sit around for the remainder of the year?

Thank you!!!! :D
Hey!

It depends on how much that assessment is weighted- if that assessment weighs like 10% of the overall assessment mark for that subject, then you can quite easily improve your ranks by working hard and smashing the heavier weighted ones. However, if that task is weighted much higher, then it will be more difficult.

If you received a good rank, great! You just need to maintain that rank for future assessments. If however, your rank is not as good as it should be, you just need to make sure that you work hard on the future assessments so you can get the best rank possible!

Hope that helps!
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!