Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:49:40 am

Author Topic: Health Assignments  (Read 11083 times)

laurahhh

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Health Assignments
« on: January 31, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »
Hello there! :)
My school has been a bit dodgy with our health assignments for year 11 last year and this year as well. For my task, we are required to investigate an issue (culture, LGBTQ+, religion, etc.) in relation to anxiety in our community. We were told that we were meant to implement an action strategy in our school, but since we got a new teacher, we aren't too sure.
I was just wondering what you guys are doing for your first health assignment :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Health Assignments
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:46:45 am »
+1
Hello!

Welcome to the forums :D

In year 12, your assignments need to follow the rules set out by the syllabus for that subject, which is prepared by QCAA. Before an assignment is used for your class, your teacher is required to submit it to QCAA for endorsement by their assessors. After the assessment has been used, a sample of student responses is sent to QCAA so they can check that the assessment was marked correctly.

This should mean that any dodginess from your school is caught out.

Now looking specifically at health assessments, what you've described seems like a modified version of IA1: Investigation-action research. You can find information about this on page 48 of the health syllabus, but essentially it's researching an issue and designing an action plan in relation to a local or regional community context. If you would like to see sample assessments for IA1 you can find them here

TLDR; Nothing seems dodgy here and QCAA has a process for catching dodgy assessments.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions :)