Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:56 pm

Author Topic: -  (Read 1731 times)  Share 

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
-
« on: April 20, 2020, 08:46:43 pm »
-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 06:37:38 pm by Snow Leopard »

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: Any advice for me for my first Zoom Meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 09:43:33 pm »
+6
Hi,

I'm going to have my first Zoom meeting tomorrow and would love to get some tips/advice.
Also, I had a Microsoft Teams meeting recently and even when I unmuted my mic, my teacher couldn't hear me. Does anyone know why? I've attached a picture of my earphones as well, incase that's got anything to do with it.

Thanks

First off check that the app has access to your mic, you may have 'not allow' as your default setting or not allowed it when setting up the app  (I have this issue with WebEx Meetings)

Also, have you tried using your laptops built-in mic? caus eif that doesn't work in zoom then the issue is probs with the app, if it does work then the issue is probs u headphones

Secondly, and this one is less likely to be the issue imo, make sure your mic is 'set up' many computers need to do this thing (it takes like 3 seconds and you don't need to do like anything)to allow the mic to work but this is mainly if you've never used that mic on your computer

— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Snow Leopard

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 08:20:53 pm »
+3
Thanks for your advice J_Rho and brothanthan! I ended up just using my laptop's mic in the end cos I wanted to see if it would work first.

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 08:59:16 pm »
+1
Thanks for your advice J_Rho and brothanthan! I ended up just using my laptop's mic in the end cos I wanted to see if it would work first.

No worries, have you ended up getting your headphones mic to work??
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Snow Leopard

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 06:46:55 pm »
-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 06:38:40 pm by Snow Leopard »

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 07:10:03 pm »
+4
I tried using my mic for a Teams meeting, but the other person said that my voice was quite low so I just used my laptops mic instead.

I have a Lenovo laptop and am having trouble making the camera work. I don't think it's Zoom or Teams but my laptop itself. All I get is something like the image I've attached (a grey screen, with a camera and like a dash through the camera) even with my laptops camera.
Any one know how I can fix this issue?

Hey Snow Leopard!

I have the Lenovo laptop too and I had the exact same problem when using Microsoft Teams. (Exactly same image too). Try going into your Privacy settings on your computer and check that your camera and microphone is allowed for all of the applications. I found that only allowing Teams didn't seem to work, but when I gave it permission for everything, it seemed to work? Lenovo seems to disable the camera feature when you first purchase a computer and it's something you sort of have to manually turn on.

Hope that helps! ;D

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 07:13:38 pm »
+3
I tried using my mic for a Teams meeting, but the other person said that my voice was quite low so I just used my laptops mic instead.

I have a Lenovo laptop and am having trouble making the camera work. I don't think it's Zoom or Teams but my laptop itself. All I get is something like the image I've attached (a grey screen, with a camera and like a dash through the camera) even with my laptops camera.
Any one know how I can fix this issue?

Hey Snow Leopard,

I also have a Lenovo laptop, and I had a really similar issue a couple weeks back with Zoom, where my camera would constantly freeze and disable itself. For me, it was a driver issue but I'll outline all the steps I took to troubleshoot because it might be something different for you.

First off, I went to the Windows in built camera app to confirm that it was a system level issue. The built in app wasn't working, so I knew it was the laptop.

Second, I checked that the camera is enabled through Windows settings (Settings -> Privacy -> Camera). Everything was checked, so it wasn't that.

For me, the issue was the driver. I found some forums where people had similar issues who recommended a driver reinstall. Drivers are essentially interfaces which let hardware talk to software. This is the issue I had, where my Integrated Camera was using a faulty driver.

The way I fixed this was I searched up "Lenovo [My Model Name] Camera Driver" and got a new copy of the driver off the Lenovo website. I installed it, restarted, and my camera worked fine after that.

It seems like ashmi has a more simpler and more elegant solution, but hopefully this will help if it's something else!
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора