Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:46 pm

Author Topic: Staying Sane During Iso  (Read 15522 times)  Share 

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Staying Sane During Iso
« on: April 27, 2020, 05:55:41 pm »
+6
Hey guys!

What are some ways you guys are staying sane during iso??
I'm doing a lot more exercise and yoga, what are you doing/enjoying?

— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: Staying Sane During Iso
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 06:12:06 pm »
+9
I'm definitely reading a lot more! Also drinking a lot more tea- good thing I have a rather large supply of the stuff :D

I also tidied up my desk and shelves- as both were as messy as my handwriting when I'm rushing
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 06:18:55 pm »
+12
I am living my granny dreams and crocheting a bit. It;s not much, but it can be quite rewarding. I have also developed this pattern of walking late a night. So I finish my work for the day, then go for a walk at 11pm or 12am. Should I be asleep yes, but it makes for a very interesting experience.

Reading is what i'd like to do more of, but I haven't had time. Oh, and stardew vally is so addicting!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 06:25:45 pm »
+8
So I finish my work for the day, then go for a walk at 11pm or 12am. Should I be asleep yes, but it makes for a very interesting experience.
Wow! That does seem interesting. I'd be too scared to go out walking that late haha.

Personally, just spending more time with family (namely my sister). I also watch a bit of tv in the morning now, which is great. Also, I get way more time to study! (don't judge, studying is fun and keeps me sane :P)

Speaking of this...
I also tidied up my desk and shelves- as both were as messy as my handwriting when I'm rushing
I really need to get onto tidying my desk and shelves, as well as my room! They're all so messy but I'm too lazy to fix anything up.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:41 pm »
+7
Bouncing on the trampoline. Wow, I probably spend more than half an hour a day on that thing and I'm 17 years old aha. It's really relaxing and fun to listen to music at the same time  8) 8)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 06:41:08 pm »
+10
Apart from school work......and art.......did sme crocheting after a while and its so much fun! I've missed it so much.

And also, during break times I've been makign the most of the sun and doing some penny boarding outside :)

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 07:01:33 pm »
+8
Hmmm, in my free time, I usually watch a TV series or I go and talk to my mum, dad or brother. (More like annoy them, lol 😂)

I also did mindfulness colouring the other day, which I haven't been doing much of and that was fun!

I've really been meaning to do meditation for so long but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully, I start doing it soon because it really helped clear my crazy mind and make me calmer.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 07:42:37 pm »
+7
Drinking tea, knitting and going for plenty of walks! Also giving lots of pats to my housemate's dog

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 07:51:32 pm »
+7
Anyone else losing motivation because of isolation or is it just me?

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 08:14:40 pm »
+7
I'm definitely reading a lot more! Also drinking a lot more tea- good thing I have a rather large supply of the stuff :D

What are you reading at the moment? SAME! I'm drinks so much more too, do you have a favourite tea?
There is, IMO, no better feeling than a tidy area

I am living my granny dreams and crocheting a bit. It;s not much, but it can be quite rewarding. I have also developed this pattern of walking late a night. So I finish my work for the day, then go for a walk at 11pm or 12am. Should I be asleep yes, but it makes for a very interesting experience.

Reading is what i'd like to do more of, but I haven't had time. Oh, and stardew vally is so addicting!
OOOO, you should show us some of your crocheting! I can only knit haha oop
Late night walks are really nice, I tend not to because I live in an area with no street lights in outskirts of town. Do you find walking helps you sleep better? OMG IVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT STARDEW VALLEY, what even is it?

Personally, just spending more time with family (namely my sister). I also watch a bit of tv in the morning now, which is great. Also, I get way more time to study! (don't judge, studying is fun and keeps me sane :P)
That's so good you're spending more time with your sister, and watching TV! Is there anything specifically you're watching? Can't be studying all-day 8)

Bouncing on the trampoline. Wow, I probably spend more than half an hour a day on that thing and I'm 17 years old aha. It's really relaxing and fun to listen to music at the same time  8) 8)
OH MY GOD SAAAAME! There's something therapeutic just bouncing up and down on a trampoline haha, can you do any flips haha?

Apart from school work......and art.......did some crocheting after a while and its so much fun! I've missed it so much.

And also, during break times I've been making the most of the sun and doing some penny boarding outside :)
OOOOH, crocheting! That's such a talent, how do you even!? You're so lucky you're getting some sun, where I'm living its all grey skies and rain. Are you crocheting anything in particular??

Hmmm, in my free time, I usually watch a TV series or I go and talk to my mum, dad or brother. (More like annoy them, lol 😂)

I also did mindfulness colouring the other day, which I haven't been doing much of and that was fun!

I've really been meaning to do meditation for so long but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully, I start doing it soon because it really helped clear my crazy mind and make me calmer.
What series are you watching at the moment? I've never done mindfulness colouring ( don't think i have a full set of pencils), but that sounds super cool! Think I'm going to put it on my to do list!
Drinking tea, knitting and going for plenty of walks! Also giving lots of pats to my housemate's dog
Do you have a tea you drink in particular or just normal tea? What kind of dog is your housemates puppo?? Doggo patting is definitely a go time passer

Anyone else losing motivation because of isolation or is it just me?
Yes! It's so hard not to! something I found helpful was setting goals, having a routine, talking to friends that build you up, setting a timer to complete my work and exercising. Make sure you take time out for yourself and don't beat yourself up if you are unmotivated, everyone loses their groove sometimes :)
— VCE —

— University —

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 08:22:12 pm »
+5
Speaking of this...I really need to get onto tidying my desk and shelves, as well as my room! They're all so messy but I'm too lazy to fix anything up.
Do you need me to send you some neat desk inspo? ;)

What are you reading at the moment? SAME! I'm drinks so much more too, do you have a favourite tea?
Currently reading Shatter City by Scott Westerfield- one of the last books I bought last year (I have one last one to read after that- Queen of Nothing by Holly Black, been putting off that one for a while because The Wicked King was trash lmao)

Honestly I can't choose a favourite between T2 Hobart Breakfast (loose leaf) and Twining's Strawberry Raspberry Loganberry! :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:24:18 pm by insanipi »
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 08:24:45 pm »
+6
What series are you watching at the moment? I've never done mindfulness colouring ( don't think i have a full set of pencils), but that sounds super cool! Think I'm going to put it on my to do list!
I'm rewatching a cartoon series (lol), that I first started watching in Grade 5. Don't judge me please. 😂 I can't say it otherwise I'll die of embarrassment.

YESS! Mindful colouring is awesome, I'm just doing it with texters because I prefer them to colouring pencils because they really make the colour pop! Yes, you should definitely try it! It's really fun!

How are you finding yoga? Oo, what's your favourite yoga pose?

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 08:45:15 pm »
+4
Currently reading Shatter City by Scott Westerfield- one of the last books I bought last year (I have one last one to read after that- Queen of Nothing by Holly Black, been putting off that one for a while because The Wicked King was trash lmao)

Honestly I can't choose a favourite between T2 Hobart Breakfast (loose leaf) and Twining's Strawberry Raspberry Loganberry! :)
Never heard of Shatter City, is it good???
I haven't tried Hobart Breakfast but I don't mind Melbourne Breakfast (its like vanilla black tea?)

I'm rewatching a cartoon series (lol), that I first started watching in Grade 5. Don't judge me please. 😂 I can't say it otherwise I'll die of embarrassment.

YESS! Mindful colouring is awesome, I'm just doing it with texters because I prefer them to colouring pencils because they really make the colour pop! Yes, you should definitely try it! It's really fun!

How are you finding yoga? Oo, what's your favourite yoga pose?
Surely you can tell us what it is!? I'm intrigued. I actually rewatched Dot and the Kangaroo (its a film made in the 70's and all I remembered was something about a scary bunyip) the other day and omg I was so weird watching it, It was my fav movie to watch at my grandparents when i was like 5, and I really want to rewatch the ironman armoured adventures series that used to be on ABC.

I love yoga, its one of those things that is really calming and it just makes me feel good! My favourite pose isn't a hard one but its the warrior sequence, its one I'm really comfortable with and it makes me feel really grounded and is a great way to finish a yoga session.
— VCE —

— University —

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 08:45:56 pm »
+4
Do you have a tea you drink in particular or just normal tea? What kind of dog is your housemates puppo?? Doggo patting is definitely a go time passer
Atm it's Twinings Irish Breakfast! Probably my favourite tbh but am also a bit fan of English Breakfast. I'm challenging myself to try green tea and peppermint tea at some stage too! I'm a tea traditionalist so have previously been hesitant to step out of my comfort zone lol
He's a whippet x staffy (rescue). 100% purebred sook and a v good boy <3

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 08:48:09 pm »
+4
I haven't been reading that much. Started reading Dracula by Bram Stoker but never continued it. Was writing a novel, though.

I also find playing video games or taking a walk can relax your mind. Sitting in your room for 8 hours straight with no real break is not good, both physically and mentally (eating food =/= break imo). I like to go walking at break.

Mod edit: merged posts
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:18:37 pm by insanipi »