Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:32:03 am

Author Topic: Staying Sane During Iso  (Read 15523 times)  Share 

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: Staying Sane During Iso
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2020, 09:21:34 pm »
+3
Never heard of Shatter City, is it good???
I haven't tried Hobart Breakfast but I don't mind Melbourne Breakfast (its like vanilla black tea?)
I'm liking it so far! It's the second book in a spin-off of the Uglies series if you've read that! :)

It's been ages since I had Melbourne Brekky! </3 Hobart has apple pieces in it, which is actually pretty nice!
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 11:01:49 pm »
+8
- Exercise has been my saving grace during iso. I do it towards the end of the day as a 'treat' for studying and attending my online classes. I can't believe that I'm seeing exercise as a treat aha but it's definitely a good treat.
- Video chatting my friends has definitely helped- even just normal text messages help.
- I've been playing heaps of Animal Crossing on the Switch lately- I can actually leave the house in the game which is nice. I'm trying to make my island as pretty as possible.
- I go to work once a week and it's usually the highlight because I get to interact with people who don't live in my house ahaha
- Cleaning the house is very satisfying I found
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 11:21:53 pm »
+7
- Rehearsing a LOT of music. Now that my prac exams and concerts are all postponed or cancelled, I've had more time to properly practise all of my repertoire  :D
- On the flip side, finding new songs to learn! Currently working on some Irish reels to play on my bodhran  :)
- Binge watching cartoons and other shows I have been putting off for ages. My sister and I are finally updated for Haikyuu and we did a Studio Ghibli marathon over her school holidays. I've also updated for Amphibia, Ducktales, Legend of the Three Caballeros and Big City Greens.
- Writing! Been doing lots of brainstorming for the student newspaper. I'm hoping to write more bold and challenging articles once my uni assessments are less intense  :D
- Not so much isolating but visting my boyfriend's family on the weekends by myself. Even just a two hour game session, sitting 1.5 metres away from each other, is enough to recharge me for the week!
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 06:33:45 am »
+6
OH MY GOD SAAAAME! There's something therapeutic just bouncing up and down on a trampoline haha, can you do any flips haha?
Haha, yeah I'm a gymnast so flipping is second nature. I'm trying to work more twisting but I kind of suck at twisting and just end up falling over everywhere 8) My favourite are backsaults and back layouts.

I'm liking it so far! It's the second book in a spin-off of the Uglies series if you've read that! :)
Going to jump in there and say I really enjoyed the Uglies series, maybe I should try reading the spin-off since there's so much free time now!
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 08:57:24 pm »
+4
haha staying sane? what's that
- My lovely meds that only sort of work
- Lying in the sunshine and getting slightly sunburnt
- Playing ping pong on our new ping pong table (and losing a teeny bit)
- Netflix
- Being outside in the cold and dark after sunset
- Excessive amounts of milo
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 09:09:58 pm »
+3

It's been ages since I had Melbourne Brekky! </3 Hobart has apple pieces in it, which is actually pretty nice!
OMG it has apple pieces? That sounds so nice!
Have you tried Twinings Cranberry and Pomegranate tea?

Atm it's Twinings Irish Breakfast! Probably my favourite tbh but am also a bit fan of English Breakfast. I'm challenging myself to try green tea and peppermint tea at some stage too! I'm a tea traditionalist so have previously been hesitant to step out of my comfort zone lol
He's a whippet x staffy (rescue). 100% purebred sook and a v good boy <3
OMG he sounds so cute! Suuuurely you can post a photo 🥺
I love Irish and English Breakky!!!!! also if you do try green tea don't get the Coles brand stuff it tastes yuckyyy

I haven't been reading that much. Started reading Dracula by Bram Stoker but never continued it. Was writing a novel, though.

I also find playing video games or taking a walk can relax your mind. Sitting in your room for 8 hours straight with no real break is not good, both physically and mentally (eating food =/= break imo). I like to go walking at break.
What was the novel you were writing about?
Do you have a go-to video game atm?

- Exercise has been my saving grace during iso. I do it towards the end of the day as a 'treat' for studying and attending my online classes. I can't believe that I'm seeing exercise as a treat aha but it's definitely a good treat.
- Video chatting my friends has definitely helped- even just normal text messages help.
- I've been playing heaps of Animal Crossing on the Switch lately- I can actually leave the house in the game which is nice. I'm trying to make my island as pretty as possible.
- I go to work once a week and it's usually the highlight because I get to interact with people who don't live in my house ahaha
- Cleaning the house is very satisfying I found
OMG all my friends talk about Animal crossing! and i don't even know what it is, Im worried I should!
What kind of exercise have you been doing? (also same its kinda scary that exercise is a reward now)

- Rehearsing a LOT of music. Now that my prac exams and concerts are all postponed or cancelled, I've had more time to properly practise all of my repertoire  :D
- On the flip side, finding new songs to learn! Currently working on some Irish reels to play on my bodhran  :)
- Binge watching cartoons and other shows I have been putting off for ages. My sister and I are finally updated for Haikyuu and we did a Studio Ghibli marathon over her school holidays. I've also updated for Amphibia, Ducktales, Legend of the Three Caballeros and Big City Greens.
- Writing! Been doing lots of brainstorming for the student newspaper. I'm hoping to write more bold and challenging articles once my uni assessments are less intense  :D
- Not so much isolating but visting my boyfriend's family on the weekends by myself. Even just a two hour game session, sitting 1.5 metres away from each other, is enough to recharge me for the week!
Do you have a fav Studio Ghibli film? What are you watching atm?

haha staying sane? what's that
I relate on a spiritual level

- My lovely meds that only sort of work
- Lying in the sunshine and getting slightly sunburnt
- Playing ping pong on our new ping pong table (and losing a teeny bit)
- Netflix
- Being outside in the cold and dark after sunset
Its so good you have sunshine!! (Its been rainy where i live  :'()
What is you go to show on Netflix atm? Or your all-time fave?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 09:16:49 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 09:17:21 pm »
+4
^I'm rewatching Please Like Me atm. Have also rewatched divergent and hunger games because I needed the distraction but didn't have the energy to find a new show. Should probably find something new to watch haha
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 09:20:02 pm »
+3
What was the novel you were writing about?
Do you have a go-to video game atm?
My novel was an alternate history of the aftermath of the (short) reign of King Richard III set in late 1400s to early 1500s. In it, he was murdered and his heir (which is fictional, as so was KR3 being murdered*) rises to power. I won't give too much away, though ;) Its currently at 20,000 words.

I really like Team Fortress 2 and World of Tanks (the latter has a very bad community but a very fun game. The former I have been playing for AGES and is my favourite game of all time). What games do you play?

*Little side note because ik someone will say this:  yes, KR3 was murdered in real life, but he was killed in battle, which doesn't really equal murder in the known sense. Like, you wouldn't say "he was murdered in battle".

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 09:26:18 pm »
My novel was an alternate history of the aftermath of the (short) reign of King Richard III set in late 1400s to early 1500s. In it, he was murdered and his heir (which is fictional, as so was KR3 being murdered*) rises to power. I won't give too much away, though ;) Its currently at 20,000 words.

I really like Team Fortress 2 and World of Tanks (the latter has a very bad community but a very fun game. The former I have been playing for AGES and is my favourite game of all time). What games do you play?

*Little side note because ik someone will say this:  yes, KR3 was murdered in real life, but he was killed in battle, which doesn't really equal murder in the known sense. Like, you wouldn't say "he was murdered in battle".
Oh wow that sounds really interesting! I would 100% read a book with a blurb describing that!

I don't play many video games but at I'm playing The Last of Us, and long time fave is Assasins Creed: Black Flag
Why do you like those games (i know nothing about them haha)?
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 10:06:01 pm »
Wow! That does seem interesting. I'd be too scared to go out walking that late haha.
Yeah, in my old neighborhood I probably wouldn't, but where I moved to is quite safe and I generally go with a family member, as I wouldn't feel comfortable going on my own. But if you ever get the chance to do it late on a warm night, it's really amazing.

OOOO, you should show us some of your crocheting! I can only knit haha oop
Late night walks are really nice, I tend not to because I live in an area with no street lights in outskirts of town. Do you find walking helps you sleep better? OMG IVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT STARDEW VALLEY, what even is it?
Haha, yeah I get a bit shy about my crocheting, and I technically have never finished a project since alot of them are so big, but if I ever do finish one, i'll post it. I do think walking can help my sleep a little bit. If it is a nice slow gentle walk, then I find that I get quite tired after going, so yeah.
YES YOU NEED TO TRY STARDEW VALLEY! It like you have your own farm, make friends with the residents, go mining, make money it's really just such a blast, so relaxing too!
Are we the same person? I have been trying to go milo sober, but I don't think it's going to well.
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 10:08:06 pm »
Oh wow that sounds really interesting! I would 100% read a book with a blurb describing that!

I do plan to publish it one day!

I don't play many video games but at I'm playing The Last of Us, and long time fave is Assasins Creed: Black Flag
Why do you like those games (i know nothing about them haha)?
WoT is basically a 7v7 tank fighting game, with historic tanks like the Tiger 1/2 and m4 sherman (also other fictional tanks as well). I like history and I find it fun to play in historic tanks!

You haven't heard of Team Fortress 2!? That is really surprising to me! I have been playing since 2013!

I really like it because it is not like your normal fps game. Basically, there are 9 distinct classes with different roles and abilities. That's the tip of the iceberg. There are HATS. Yes, you read that right, HATS. You get to wear hats and cosmetics and that is what makes the game so unique. Also there are memes and the characters have distinct backstories:

scout: young kid from Boston, bit egotistical
soldier: typical patriotic American, was refused from serving in ww2 so he gave himself his own medals
Pyro: Guy with a mask, never takes his mask off and only mumbles. Gender unspecified.
Demoman: Drunk scottish.
Heavy: Fat Russian guy. I need say no more.
Engineer: Texan guy that builds stuff.
Medic: German dude that heals people
Sniper: Australian guy that throws piss at people...
Spy: French baguette (inside joke)

I could literally talk for HOURS on this game. It has bought me so many memories. You should try it out!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 10:09:54 pm »
+3
OMG all my friends talk about Animal crossing! and i don't even know what it is, Im worried I should!
What kind of exercise have you been doing? (also same its kinda scary that exercise is a reward now)

Animal Crossing has been this long running game series on Nintendo devices. You basically play as a villager in a village/island (depends which version but the latest version is set on an island) You get to fish, catch bugs, donate fossils at the museum, grow fruit trees, talk to you neighbours (who are the cutest animals ever) and many more!- I would highly recommend looking up Animal Crossing online and see if it is your type of game! It is in general such a wholesome game and a stress reliever- I have spent so many hours playing Animal Crossing (been a fan since 2010 and played 5 variations of the game)

As for exercise- been mainly doing Zumba for cardio and do a thigh workout afterwards. My thighs are (I would say) my most problematic area in my body so it is something that I'm trying to change. Been doing Zumba since Feb and only started thigh workouts nearly a month ago- can say that the workouts are definitely working! I sometimes do some arm toning if I'm in the mood.
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 10:29:10 pm »
-snip-
oooh TF2

I don't really play video games that much at the moment but definitely played a bunch of TF2 in the past.

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 10:33:35 pm »
oooh TF2

I don't really play video games that much at the moment but definitely played a bunch of TF2 in the past.
Ah yes, what was your favourite class and map?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 10:37:50 pm »
Ah yes, what was your favourite class and map?
I wouldn't say I have a favourite class since I played a bit of everything but based on what I think I played the most it would be: spy, pyro, engineer
Favourite map has got to be the classic 2Fort