Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:57:58 am

Author Topic: Biomed and ucat  (Read 927 times)

paulthekiller123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Biomed and ucat
« on: June 09, 2020, 04:14:46 pm »
If I were to do biomed at melb uni for my first year, could i take the ucat and if i do pass it, then transfer to med at monash?

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: Biomed and ucat
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 04:21:12 pm »
+8
Hi there!

Unfortunately this would not be possible at Monash, as starting tertiary study will mean you are no longer considered a school-leaver. Below is an excerpt from their domestic requirements.

Our Direct Entry Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) offered at Clayton Campus, is only available to applicants who have completed Year 12 studies (or VCE equivalent) no more than two years prior, and have not commenced other studies at a tertiary level during that time. Applicants who have commenced tertiary study, including AQF Level Certificate IV and above, are ineligible to apply for this course and should consider the graduate entry program.

However since UniMelb undergraduate degrees aren't eligible for Monash graduate medicine, if you continue there you'd be ineligible for that pathway.  If you wish to try for Monash, you'd need to transfer to one of their degrees and complete a minimum of 96 credit points. You can find further information on their FAQs here.

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 04:33:12 pm by Calebark »
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

aspiringdocxxxx

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:45:15 pm »
what if you went to monash for biomed? if you did well on the ucat, would  you be allowed to transfer into monash med?

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 05:39:41 pm »
+1
Nah, lateral entry isn't an option for Monash — you'd have to complete your degree and apply for graduate entry.

🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢