Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:34:22 pm

Author Topic: How to study English Language by yourself?  (Read 1134 times)  Share 

Dapuccino

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
How to study English Language by yourself?
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:01:22 pm »
Hi guys,

I have a really bad Year 12 English language teacher and no body in my class knows what their doing, I'm trying to learn by myself but am not sure how to. I'm lucky I have a tutor but its a class setting so I don't get individual feedback so I'm not sure if I'm applying my learning correctly. Anyone that studies English Language could you tell me how you study for it and how you study the content/theory by yourself? :)

Thanks! 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: How to study English Language by yourself?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:16:37 am »
Hi guys,

I have a really bad Year 12 English language teacher and no body in my class knows what their doing, I'm trying to learn by myself but am not sure how to. I'm lucky I have a tutor but its a class setting so I don't get individual feedback so I'm not sure if I'm applying my learning correctly. Anyone that studies English Language could you tell me how you study for it and how you study the content/theory by yourself? :)

Thanks!
Hey mate I got the same problems as you right now, but not for English language I myself am worried about teacher changes next term (I might get some bad teachers). My advice is for you to go to a private tutor instead of a group tutor if you can find a good one, I know a really good English language tutor, but he teaches in groups so I can recommend him to you and many students have done well when he teaches them. Now first things first have you asked that teacher for help? I know they might be bad, but hey we all got some bad teachers here and there. I think it is best you sort things out with the teacher and if it is really bad, self study however that should be a last resort.