Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:21:43 am

Author Topic: Selective School Test Q&A Thread  (Read 76214 times)  Share 

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Selective School Test Q&A Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 03:44:09 pm »
Don't freak out, I don't know what to study, if you do practice tests base your study off of the answers you get wrong

Thank you so much! Btw how was the test? Are there any specific topics to focus on?

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 03:58:58 pm »
Thank you so much! Btw how was the test? Are there any specific topics to focus on?
I haven't done the test, I've only done practice tests, I'm doing the test this year

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 04:16:14 pm »

I havent done the test yet but I think for math you should really focus on algebra, linear and simultaneous equations, geometry, trigonometry, basic quadratics and Inequalities as the test is most likely going to consist of those topics

For English theres not really much u can prepare for apart from learning how to read paragraphs quickly and have a broad vocabulary. I'm doing the test on the 19th so just take the advice with a grain of salt coz I might be wrong lol

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 07:00:34 pm »
I havent done the test yet but I think for math you should really focus on algebra, linear and simultaneous equations, geometry, trigonometry, basic quadratics and Inequalities as the test is most likely going to consist of those topics

For English theres not really much u can prepare for apart from learning how to read paragraphs quickly and have a broad vocabulary. I'm doing the test on the 19th so just take the advice with a grain of salt coz I might be wrong lol

Thank you sooo much!

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 07:15:10 pm »
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2020, 01:00:18 pm »
Does anyone have any confirmation whether the exam has been postponed again

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2020, 01:32:35 pm »
Does anyone have any confirmation whether the exam has been postponed again
No sorry lol Idk anything yet no other school has posted anything apart form Suzanne Cory

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 06:22:36 pm »
Are there any trigonometry questions?

Einsteinium

• Trailblazer
  • Cricket
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2020, 07:40:34 pm »
Hey, does anyone know how long the breaks are between exams and at lunch for the test?
“People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.” – Rob Siltanen

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2020, 08:43:02 pm »
Hey, does anyone know how long the breaks are between exams and at lunch for the test?

Hey there :)

From what I recall, there is usually a 30min break for lunch and a toilet break :)
2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D

Einsteinium

• Trailblazer
  • Cricket
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2020, 06:11:07 pm »
Hey there :)

From what I recall, there is usually a 30min break for lunch and a toilet break :)
Thanks, but do you know how long the break is in between the exams? I am trying to replicate this at home to get better practice.
“People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.” – Rob Siltanen

mantasha.123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2021, 07:02:58 pm »
I'm really stressed about my exam, its in about 3 weeks. I am practically failing at math, is it too late to get a tutor and what to do if I cannot get a tutor. Can someone please help me?

Einsteinium

• Trailblazer
  • Cricket
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2021, 06:26:02 pm »
I'm really stressed about my exam, its in about 3 weeks. I am practically failing at math, is it too late to get a tutor and what to do if I cannot get a tutor. Can someone please help me?

Yeah, same kinda. I am excelling at English but struggling with math. I used to be more confident in math but that has changed. recently. I am  SOO stressed about the test in 3 weeks but I might get pushed back cause of covid. Did you do the JAC mock exam cause I also just got the results as you posted? Can't really help with advice from the tutor but yeah sorry. 😢 . Good luck tho. ;D ;D ;D

TRYHARD6666

• Adventurer
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2021, 11:51:06 am »
i also excel at english but math is hard, Im just really learning concepts because if you understand the question your doing better than 60% of the people there. Im guessing the test gets postponed to July 19th even if we get out of this by the date the restrictions wont allow a capacity of that size till at least july

CurryMan22

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2021, 05:34:26 pm »
What are my chances of getting in if these are the results for my practice test (Hendersons) and I have been studying 5 hours a day(MHS)
Maths(31/60)
Verbal(43/60)
Numerical(44/50)
Comprehension(36/50)
Writing(17/25)

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me my chances.