Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 10:51:13 am

Author Topic: Creative Writing Practice- Feedback  (Read 849 times)

TarrickS

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Creative Writing Practice- Feedback
« on: July 17, 2020, 02:35:50 pm »
Hello all

i decided to do a creative writing practice based off a image in 25 minutes, somehow when i started the creative writing turned into a poem
One of my first times writing a poem on the spot so any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Edit: The image i used to base it off wont attach to this post for some reason sorry, basically the image is of a camera shot looking up of some very tall trees with the blue sky up the top

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:38:50 pm by TarrickS »

janedoe1709

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Creative Writing Practice- Feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 10:04:37 am »
+1
Hey there!

I think this poem has great meaning behind it and can be explored further. My main feed back would be:
- Watch out for punctuation! It is very important not only grammatically, but it is also important as it determines the flow of the poem.
- I assume for the HSC, for the marks and time allocated for the creative writing, (20 marks, 40 mins) the poem is expected to be longer.
- In Mod C, they want you to show that you can not only ANALYSE and FIND literary techniques, (e.g. metaphors, allusion, similes) but also UTILISE them in your own writing, so be sure to add some more of those in that really pop out to the reader.

Well done! And keep working hard.