Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:03 am

Author Topic: LM's VCE Journey  (Read 15469 times)

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
LM's VCE Journey
« on: August 20, 2020, 09:16:01 pm »
+24
Howdy! :)

Welcome to this flight to the end of my secondary school experience. This is your captain, LM, speaking. It’s going to be a long one, and there will be some turbulence, but also some really nice views along the way. When we land, please make sure you are in your seats with your seatbelts on. Our wonderful flight attendants will run you through the safety briefing once they have loaded the cute little puppies on board.

Anyway, here’s a bit about me:

I am in Year 11 studying Biology, Chemistry, Methods and EngLang  plus ¾ psychology and HHD. but very scared for Methods and might switch to Further as my maths scores have taken a turn into an abyss this year. As you'll discover upon further reading, I used to be a Mathlete! I've been contemplating making a journal for a while but initially thought otherwise. Now, I have taken the plunge.

And some more fun facts:

- My AN username came from my Mathletics username, and now looking back, I would've picked something more creative.
- My hobbies / interests include (but are not limited to?) - reading, writing (most of the writing I've done in the past is something I read in hindsight and cringe at), music (listening to it and very rarely playing instruments), science and health. Getting to know people is something I enjoy too, but my shyness doesn't always support me in that. I also do St John Ambulance outside of school which is pretty fun. We learn first aid and sometimes we're taught about very interesting diseases outside our scope of practice.
- I am incredibly uncoordinated, so please don’t ask me to throw or catch a Frisbee if you don’t want it to end up in the Earth’s crust. In all honesty, I reckon a lot of sports are fun.
- I have a dog (pics might come soon).
- I've also never left Australia (Tasmania's technically overseas, isn't it?)!

As for future career aspirations, I found this text in a four page document with my goals for the future that I created ages ago in Year 8. I'll let my Year 8 self explain (although I might've been too ambitious - the things I wrote still align to my values and goals):
Quote from: lm21074 in Year 8 - sorry in advance for this nonchalant nonsense haha
I want to do multiple things:
1. Teaching in a classroom in Australia and making a positive impact on students.
2. REVOLUTIONISING THE PRIMARY EDUCATION SYSTEM AND MAKE SURE THOSE KIDDOS LEARN TIMES TABLES OFF BY HEART (more on that in point 12)
3. Go to uni and learn stuff that’s “useless” according to some relatives. Also, I would love to learn how to change a tyre. Will be very helpful for life.
4. Start or join a tutoring business – but not one of those fishy ones where you only hire students who got at least one 50 and a 1000+ ATAR (who knows if the ATAR system will still be around by the time I make up my mind on a career)  – perfect grades do not equal perfect teaching. I think I’d prefer to tutor for free just to get some experience because education and teaching is something I am passionate about.
5. Create medical devices that save lives (or use them?)
6. Reduce inequalities in education and healthcare. Close the gap.
7.  Help at least one person change their life and inspire them. The overarching idea.
8.  Do something impactful abroad. Teaching English in a foreign country sounds daunting but fun.
9. TRAVEL ONE DAY - YEAH BOI
10. Start a public health campaign
11. Try something in the medical field whether that is med, nursing, dietetics, pharmacy, radiography or optometry etc. Looking more away from med though.
12. Combine a career in science and education – whether that’s educating future health professionals, STEM education in secondary and/or primary schools. This is so we don’t have to spend time teaching Year 7s the difference between a mixture and a compound in science. And so we don’t have to repeat the same topics in maths every year when we get to high school, and are more prepared for the VCE versions – perhaps a fault of our education system.
13. Conduct some kind of research / even do an honours year in science, medical science or education – at the moment, an honours year in education sounds very promising but I’m not sure if I am ready to do an education degree and become a teacher right off the bat.

Have a great week :)

P.S. For any EngLang students reading this, forgive me for my use of Non-Standard English :D

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:31:51 pm by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: LM's VCE Journey
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 09:29:14 pm »
+11

- I am incredibly uncoordinated, so please don’t ask me to throw or catch a Frisbee if you don’t want it to end up in the Earth’s crust.

Glad I'm not the only one who's uncoordinated! (also it's shocking that anyone trusts me in the lab because of this haha)

Super glad you've made a journal, LM! <3
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 10:13:17 pm »
+9
Hey LM!
I've seen your wonderful contributions around the forum, so I'm excited to follow you on your VCE journey!  ;D

Looks like we're doing the same 4 subjects. What's your favourite subject?

Looking forward to your next update and have a great week!

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 10:54:54 pm »
+9
I'm so excited to read this, and so glad you've made a journal! <3 (it's about time!)

Also, your username is LM? Please do not tell me I'm the only one that has been spelling it Im around the forums (capital i, not lowercase L). I don't know if you can forgive me for this terrible mistake. :'(
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:23:22 am »
+8
I saw the journal name and thought "wait, is this the lm I think it is?" & I'm glad to have been right!

There's usually a frisbee at AN meetups but don't worry, we're used to people (e.g. me) not being very co-ordinated :)

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 12:45:39 pm »
+8
Hi LM! How much you contribute to AN is very inspiring and I've always wondered why you don't have a VCE Journal. A lot of your ambitions from Year 8 are similar to mine like making a medical device and reducing inequality in the healthcare system. I'm looking forward to more updates!
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 03:09:21 pm »
+8
Hi LM!

I'm so excited to read your journal!! I feel like you are a forever present spirit watching over AN who has been here forever, but I've never known much about you, so I'm looking forward to hearing about your VCE journey!  ;D

Please do not tell me I'm the only one that has been spelling it Im around the forums (capital i, not lowercase L)
I also thought your name was im for majority of my time on AN haha

I love that you used your mathletics username, I'm now trying to remember the numbers in my username. It's weird, I can still remember my password, even though I can't remember a lot of my current passwords.

Reading your goals makes me feel inspired!! They are really cool! Have they changed much since year 8, if so how?
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 03:58:37 pm »
+8
Yay! Awesome to see that you've started a journal

Yes please

- I am incredibly uncoordinated, so please don’t ask me to throw or catch a Frisbee if you don’t want it to end up in the Earth’s crust. In all honesty, I reckon a lot of sports are fun.
There's usually a frisbee at AN meetups but don't worry, we're used to people (e.g. me) not being very co-ordinated :)
Bri may call themself uncoordinated but I'm usually the one almost decapitating people. Come to the next meetup and we can see who's worse ;)
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

lm21074

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 05:49:42 pm »
+9
Glad I'm not the only one who's uncoordinated! (also it's shocking that anyone trusts me in the lab because of this haha)

Super glad you've made a journal, LM! <3
Likewise, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's uncoordinated. I'm sure you have great lab skills! Thanks for stopping by <3

Hey LM!
I've seen your wonderful contributions around the forum, so I'm excited to follow you on your VCE journey!  ;D

Looks like we're doing the same 4 subjects. What's your favourite subject?

Looking forward to your next update and have a great week!

Thanks for your lovely comment, Evolio! :) I don't really have a favourite subject! They're all cool in different ways! I'd say psych trumps methods, but sometimes I enjoy methods more (especially when I finally understand a topic). If I had to pick, maybe either psych, bio or HHD. Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

I'm so excited to read this, and so glad you've made a journal! <3 (it's about time!)

Also, your username is LM? Please do not tell me I'm the only one that has been spelling it Im around the forums (capital i, not lowercase L). I don't know if you can forgive me for this terrible mistake. :'(
Thanks for your support, whys <3! It is an "L" haha, and yes, you have been forgiven, of course! :D It's difficult to teIl the difference between them because of the slight differences between their heights.
I saw the journal name and thought "wait, is this the lm I think it is?" & I'm glad to have been right!

Thanks for stopping by, Bri! :)
AN frisbee games sound awesome (just like AN itself)! I’m hoping there will be an AN branded Frisbee one day. :)

Hi LM! How much you contribute to AN is very inspiring and I've always wondered why you don't have a VCE Journal. A lot of your ambitions from Year 8 are similar to mine like making a medical device and reducing inequality in the healthcare system. I'm looking forward to more updates!
Hey homeworkisapotato!
It's pretty cool to see that you have similar ambitions :)
Thanks so much for your sweet comment! It means a lot <3

Hi LM!

I'm so excited to read your journal!! I feel like you are a forever present spirit watching over AN who has been here forever, but I've never known much about you, so I'm looking forward to hearing about your VCE journey!  ;D
I also thought your name was im for majority of my time on AN haha
Hi Owlbird!
Thanks for checking in! :)
It isn't very obvious what letter it is and I'd always thought that it could be taken as an "I"! Maybe I'll starting mix some "I"s and "L"s around in words in this journal haha.
I love that you used your mathletics username, I'm now trying to remember the numbers in my username. It's weird, I can still remember my password, even though I can't remember a lot of my current passwords.
I guess you were a true mathletics guru (especially if you had the cool backgrounds)! 8)
Reading your goals makes me feel inspired!! They are really cool! Have they changed much since year 8, if so how?
That's pretty cool to hear! The goals / potential life directions I wrote in Year 8 are still meaningful to me as they still align to my values. Still planning to do something in education / healthcare or even both, although this is subject to change.

Yay! Awesome to see that you've started a journal
Yes please
Hey PF!
Thanks for tuning in! Doggo pics coming soon :)
Bri may call themself uncoordinated but I'm usually the one almost decapitating people. Come to the next meetup and we can see who's worse ;)
Game on 8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:47:04 pm by lm21074 »

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 10:47:27 am »
+7
Bit late to the party but YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I'm so excited for this journal!
I'm so sorry for thinking your user name was im and in a shortened version of immy or imogen, aaaaaaaaaaaa haha
How are you finish Bio and Psych??
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

lm21074

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 06:46:31 pm »
+14
J_Rho :)
Hi J_Rho! Thanks so much for reading my journal! ^-^
Your journal, and the way you strive to achieve your goals are every single positive adjective I can think of! :)
I find Bio and Psych to be quite interesting most of the time. I'm a bit behind in Bio because I had a SAC when we covered transcription and translation, and it looks like something that will take a while for me to wrap my head around! I just finished all of my U4 Psych SACs which has been quite relieving! :)

Entry #2

I think it’s time for another update dose of Word Vomit!

I’ve been trying to write something for the past couple of weeks but I haven’t thought of anything decent. What tends to happen with me though, is that when I start writing, ideas begin to flow. Not great ideas, but ideas. I’ve got to convince myself that sometimes, those ideas are enough.

Year 11 has been a bloody weird year. I’ve experienced ups and downs, but have mostly learnt a lot. Some of the things I’ve learnt (or already knew but realised the importance of):
-   I think I know how to revise for my subjects (including maths haha)… so why don’t I do it properly? Fear of failure can lead to failure itself.
-   Exercise, exercise, exercise – for the production of those ‘feel good’ beta-endorphins. Even just a short run or walk.
-   SLEEP IS PARAMOUNT. As I have learnt during remote learning, sleeping at 2am and waking up 7/8am is not good for your mental health and functioning, no matter how much work you have to do. After plenty of weeks of sustained wakefulness and not having a set sleep time, I went from being a night person to an I-need-to-sleep-when-my-creative-energy-peaks-at-night-but-I-choose-sleep person.
-   Drink plenty of water and get enough micronutrients like iron and vitamin D, deficiencies are not nice.
-   Come up with ways to pick yourself up when you have reached a low point in any aspect of life, before it becomes too difficult to manage.

Today I had a Psychology SAC and Methods SAC. I think the Psychology SAC went mostly well but Methods, oh boy. That’s a different story. Seeing as I have four SACs this week, I decided to put methods on the backburner and I know I could’ve tried a bit harder. Then there’s the question of whether or not I should switch to further. I don’t need methods for most of my top preferences (science at Melbourne is my second or third choice but I could always do arts and transfer, or science at Monash) but I don’t just want to drop it either, because I don’t think I’ve tried hard enough overall this year to say that I’ve given it a far go. I feel like if I drop it, I’m just giving up. My aim is to start doing the methods textbook for next year after I finish VCAA exams for this year and do every question (or at least do some basic ones until I’ve got a grasp on a concept and then move onto the advance ones). I could even start now and do one chapter a week, but the problem is that I might forget the material by the time I actually get to next year and will have to relearn it. Maybe it’s a better idea if I do more past SACs than textbook questions.

Particularly with Methods and Chem, if I take the time to understand a concept and why certain steps are performed, then it tends to stick with me. It's amazing how many of my friends went into the Methods SAC and didn't really understand the concepts (I was one of them haha). I’ve been trying to improve my understanding by watching YouTube videos in the non-procrastinate-y and asking my Chem teacher clarifying questions and she’s been nice to me about it which is nice. I usually hate asking for help but if I ask questions, I gain more knowledge, right?

Psychology has helped me to become aware of my cognitions, mental health and just how my brain works. I’ve been ruminating a lot about school, which has lead me to some maladaptive behaviours such as revising at the last minute even though I do know the importance of spaced repetition. I just want to pick myself up again. Anyway. I really enjoy Psych and how you can come up with an example for just about any concept. I saw an example in the textbook about being chased by a horse and seeing as the example was meaningful, it helped me to remember what memory bias was through elaborative rehearsal.

I’m towards the end of a workout challenge with a friend (has anyone tried YouTuber Chloe Ting’s workout programs?!) and now I’m starting a running program on an app called “Couch 2 5K”, where, as described in the name, it aims to get you off the couch and running 5km in around 8 weeks. Day 1 started with a 5 minute brisk walk, then alternating with a 1 min run / 1.5 minute walk eight times. I found it to be alright overall but my calves did not! Good thing my bio teacher taught me some stretches!

I’m also in the middle of a social media detox, basically with no Instagram or the like. I’m allowing YouTube every second day for entertainment. It’s been going somewhat well so far, but the last time I did a social media detox a month ago, I was a lot more strict (e.g. if I hadn’t done any work at all, not going on YouTube even if it was a designated day). I plan to implement that strictness again, especially seeing as we’re heading close to exams.

Around this time of the year, there’s a big emphasis on subject selection and future plans. The subjects I’ve chosen for next year are Bio, Chem, Methods, EngLang and Further. My school lets people do four subjects if they get over 40 in both 3&4s, Even if I do get over 40 in both, my plan is to either replace methods or further with a uni extension program like Deakin Accelerate or UMEP. In the case that I don’t get into any of these programs, I might do PE (just to prove to the PE teachers that I can do their subject and wear PE uniform :P. plus learn a bit about the human body). Normally, when people ask me what I want to do after high school, I tell them science. That’s the only thing I’m sure about. With careers, it always comes down to me asking myself, “Am I good enough for X career?” or “Would I make a good _____?”

Another pathway I haven't considered is research, in science, education or something health-esque. This partially stemmed (STEM - get it?) from when I recently spoke with someone who was interested in med and did biomed. They realised that they were interested in research after studying wet specs and are now striving to do a PhD. Research honestly seems like a great pathway – writing a PhD is almost like writing a difficult-to-understand coffee table book. A story perhaps. Weird comparison I know. There’s also the option to work while doing a PhD in fields such as education and clinical trials, which seems cool.

Enough about me! Now for the good stuff. 8)

doggo
I have hundreds of doggo pics, but for now, please enjoy this poor quality picture. :) He doesn’t really like having his picture taken but he gave me the okay to uploading this one.

Here’s a quote I got when first trying to write this entry from the browser extension Momentum (comes up with a new quote and a stunning picture of a location around the world each day):

“Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.”

Remember - you've come so far. Have a look at what you've achieved this year alone! Only a little bit of this year to go! Keep at it :)

Have a great week everyone! :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:56:48 pm by lm21074 »

lm21074

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 08:43:03 pm »
+14
Entry #3

We are approaching exam season. For me, this is the turbulence before the hopefully smooth landing. It’s a scary time for some, exciting for others, and possibly a mix of both, but in a few short weeks, we will have completed exams, while learning a lot about ourselves and our subject(s) along the way.

I’ve only started revising properly for my 3&4 exams this week, which has left me wondering if I’ve left it too late. Better late than never! Spent a lot of time last week doing my 1&2 homework. Chem took a while because they gave us a plethora of work, but I’m sure it will be worth it for the upcoming SAC.

I regret to inform you that a lot of this entry broadcasts my Negative Nancy state of mind (why did whoever come up with this saying use the name Nancy? I’m sorry to any Nancys out there). If I’m being honest, it feels like absolute crap going through my notes and flashcards for psych and realising that some of them really suck. One of those particularly awful flashcards was on the limitations of Selye’s GAS model (basically a one-size-fits-all model of the three-stage physiological response to stress). On the back of that flashcard, it had two limitations that I could understand clearly, and then,
“RATS!”
I had to ask my sibling who is also doing psych what I meant by that! At least I’ll remember now that Selye generalised his model to humans after having rats as his participants, who do not have key psychological and environmental experiences that are unique to humans like how we interpret situations.

What I’ve learnt about taking notes: don’t blindly take them from the textbook or PowerPoint (especially not the PowerPoint). I need to work on making my notes more succinct and perhaps using more of an active recall strategy to take them (although this takes a lot of time) as in learn the info and write it in my own words without looking at the textbook so much. At this stage, I think some of my SAC responses are better than some of the flashcards I made. Oh well, you live and you learn.
tl;dr of how I am feeling rn
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So after that setback, I’ve decided to use an approach strategy and annotate the study design to warn myself of my poor flashcard traps as well as use trusty to-do lists.
There’s always the fear of failure that lingers in my mind, that no matter how hard I try, I’ll just never get to where I want to be. The majority of the time, this isn’t true. It isn’t helpful either and is just another idiosyncrasy. Trying to remind myself that action is very likely to overcome my fear. It’s such a simple and obvious thing, but because catastrophic thinking has become a staple go-to in my mind, it’s something I forget.
How amazing is it that the neurons and neurotransmitters in our brains are physical structures that give rise to our consciousness? Or, in a general sense, how atoms make up every structure in our body and most of who we are? 

Stay safe, stay groovy, stay funky. :)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:49:49 pm by lm21074 »

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 10:11:30 am »
+7
snip
Hey LM! Great to see another update. :)

I know exactly what you mean with notes, all my notes are basically just copies of my teachers' powerpoints with snippets from the textbook! And don't worry too much about starting 'late', you have plenty of time before the exam and I believe you can definitely ace it. I doubt you're late, in fact, I'd say most people on AN are early compared to the vast majority of the state. I hope you feel better soon, and I'm sure you will with a bit of practice to develop confidence in your abilities and knowledge. Early 3/4s are a great way to test out what works for you in time for next year, so try not to worry when you think things are going wrong or you just 'can't do it' - these feelings are normal and the only way through is to persevere to reach the rainbows on the other side once exams are over.

All the best for exam prep!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

lm21074

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 01:00:13 pm »
+11

whys 🦁🐗
Hey whys! Thank you so much for your message. It made me feel so much better! All the best with exams :)
Entry #4

Time for an update considering I just had the Psychology exam.

Last night, my fight-flight-freeze response was activated approximately three times. It was just after 10 o’clock when I decided to go to bed and unbeknownst to me, my neighbour decided to take their bins out right before the eleventh hour. So, as dogs do, mine barked. And barked and barked and barked. Great way to start a night of rest.

Before that though, there was plenty of stress.

“What happens if I do so poorly on the exam, like the 2019 one?”

In the weeks and months before the exam, I felt a tinge of urgency and fire in me, that served as a reminder that the exam was imminent and signified its importance.

However, that wasn’t there today.

I woke up, took my overnight oats out of the fridge, pet my dog and ate.

It definitely did not feel like an exam was imminent. That might explain why I wasn’t very nervous waiting to go into the exam hall.

Entering the exam hall, I took my seat at the back corner, where one of the supervisors sat behind me. When reading time began, I opened the exam and read the first page of Section A and went straight to Section B.

“Oh! A question distinguishing the sympathetic nervous system and the spinal reflex! Maybe that was a homage to the question last year about Finn and his somatic nervous system and how that the actions he undertook weren’t of a spinal reflex.

The paper goes on.

The obligatory research methods question. Other questions that I can’t remember so clearly what they were. Then we reached the 10 marker. The 10 marker was about research methods. Of course it was.

When writing time began, I started with multiple choice and was almost pleasantly surprised about how it was somewhat easier than the 2019 exam. Some questions tripped me up a little as there wasn’t really a clear answer, but we’ll see when the exam report comes out (which will take aaages).

Went through Section B. Wrote stuff. Overwrote for some questions, underwrote for others. Wasn’t certain about really any of my answers, given the nature of VCAA’s marking.
With Section C, I wrote about the main ideas the paragraph presented. Probably no where near enough for it to be a good response, but maybe it could have been enough for an okay response?

Time flew by and before I knew it, there were five minutes left. I finished a sentence right before one of the supervisors told us to put our pens down.

I came out of that exam feeling like I hadn’t just done an exam. It suddenly felt so insignificant to me, like it didn’t count for anything. Like I felt when I did the GAT. Maybe it was the multiple choice sheet being the same. I felt numb. Okay, maybe I had an inkling that I did well. But usually when I think I did well, I do crap. My friend who has almost full-marked the subject said the exam was hard which probably means she’ll do amazingly well, if you go by all the past 50ers at my school and at other schools.

I didn’t really want to mention scores on here, because I’ve definitely let myself down this year with what I’ve achieved. My study score goal (and perhaps ATAR goal) probably won’t be in reach, unless some sort of miracle happens (or I’m a bit lot more consistent with my revision). This year has been a good lesson. No matter how bad I do, the lessons I learnt at the end are more than what a good study score could ever bring.

In saying that... I just want a 38 to get into UMEP Psych so that I can help my degree a little. The grade boundaries will probably be higher this year, but we’ll see what happens.

Just can’t believe or comprehend that it’s over.

Good luck to those of you who have upcoming assessments :)

tiredandstressed

• MOTM: DEC 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • pretty without the r (he/him)
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 05:39:31 pm »
+9
Time for an update considering I just had the Psychology exam.

Hey LM,
I don't usually comment in people's VCE journals but i felt like i had to connect with you.
Yous should be extremely proud of yourself completing two VCE subjects in year 11 easy (idk how i made it) but during a pandemic is something else. You have made so many wonderful contributions helping others in the forums for psych and hhd, so you should have more confidence in yourself.
Everyone's first VCE exam is not going to be easy- its your first one after all, I felt the exact same way after my psych exam I thought I did horrible and ended up doing alot better than expected.
All I can say don't dwell on psych, the exams have gotten harder, so your frustration in the exam is shared by your peers and it seems like you've given the paper a good crack.
Now you need to focus on hhd, you've had the experience of one VCE exam so now you know what to expect and I know you know your stuff with the way you contribute the forums, so ik you got this!
Prioritise your revision with practise questions, analyse the past two examiner reports to see how VCCA expects you to structure your responses, so you feel confident that your answers will suffice.
Try not to be hard to yourself, I am sure you will get the score you will need to get into the UEMP program, and more importantly if things don't go to plan you still have year 12 to get the scores you need!
All the best for HHD and the rest of your assessment, I look forward to hear how HHD ends up going, stay calm be confident and you'll be okay.
Best wishes,
T&S
VCE '17-'18
2017: Biology, Psychology
2018: English, HHD, Chemistry, Methods
2019-22: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) @ UoM
My guides:
A quick guide to language and argument analysis
HHD sample questions
HHD 2019 Comprehensive examiner report analysis