Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:27:17 pm

Author Topic: applying for jcu medicine 2022: do I stand a chance?  (Read 4373 times)  Share 

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
  • Respect: +135
applying for jcu medicine 2022: do I stand a chance?
« on: September 01, 2020, 04:42:47 pm »
+1
I'm a VCE student in y11 rn wanting to apply for JCU med next year. The love of doing med hit me late last year, but that was whay after I'd completed work experience at a library, so I haven't done any work experience.

I know that for the application I need to have done some sort of health-care related work -

" WHAT ACTIVITIES (PAID EMPLOYMENT, WORK EXPERIENCE OR VOLUNTARY WORK) HAVE YOU UNDERTAKEN, IN ADDITION TO YOUR STUDIES, WHICH INDICATE YOUR MOTIVATION TO STUDY MEDICINE OR ANOTHER HEALTH PROFESSIONAL DEGREE AT JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY?"

- but I haven't done any! I was planning to do some volunteering with baptcare in april and june, but they cancelled it because of coronavirus. I was also planning to do work experience with a hospital but they shut down their work experience program as well, leaving me with literally no options.

It's hard to find work experience as is in year 12, and the pandemic is going to make it even worse next year. I have done a lot of leadership related work - src, organising fundraisers, event planning, even budgeting with a bank and have won some public speaking comps and debating, but those aren't health related unless you count people skills.

This is a massive rant but like do I even stand a chance? Am I ruined?
*tears cause floods*

Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)