Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:36:50 am

Poll

is vce lit or eng lang better

Literature
Eng Lang

Author Topic: A Procrastinator's VCE Journey  (Read 5839 times)

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
  • Respect: +43
A Procrastinator's VCE Journey
« on: September 15, 2020, 03:17:26 pm »
+13
💖 My First Post: Sep 15th 2020 💖
Note: I edited this slightly because the original one was formatted kind of weird and I would like this better reflect me  ;D

Well. Hello to you there. I'm a year 10 right now almost done with term 3. I've always wanted to start one of these but wasn't too sure... well here I am. I doubt anyone will read it haha but hello to the random person reading this if there is anyone.

About Me
- I am a master procrastinator but genuinely love learning new things. I'm excited about finally delving deeper into completely new subjects and challenging myself. But I'm also kind of terrified. I don't know how year 11 will go and wonder whether my procrastination and following guilt will reach new heights (if that's even possible).
- 2020 I think has certainly not been a year where I performed my best. I know some people thrived in lockdown but I certainly was not one of them and often just did the very bare minimum (which is completely fine).
- Currently in terms of studies I'm definitely not "excelling" in anything specifically but kinda just moving through at a good pace.
- I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing with my life which is cool, but I always have had a passion for the health sciences. (Obviously at one point medicine like a LOT of people). However, I do think I should keep my options open because I'm in like year 10 hehe. Maybe I'll find something that I'll become super passionate about.

Non School Shtuff
I love participating in extracurriculars even if I'm not great at it because I think school is much more than just grades :D. It usually revolves around the musical side of things (bands, dancing, choir shtuff). I've also tried something completely different for me through the form of debating. We shall see how much this will stick for the next few years. Other than that leadership roles and random school activities. I love eating and random hand lettering style art too.

Thoughts on Subjects
- Biology 3/4
- HHD 3/4
- Methods 1/2
- Chemistry 1/2
- Literature 1/2
- English Language 1/2

I have really enjoyed Bio and HHD for the most part. For HHD I have had the most amazing teacher who puts in so much effort which I think has really made me engaged in the subject and as a result perform better. For biology I have a pretty good teacher but maybe not as passionate. In terms of year 11, I'm not sure if i will like Lit 1/2 or if I should even do Eng Lang 1/2 next year. They seem great and all but I have always really really loved the humanities domain. If I dropped a subject and had to change it to something, it would definitely be to legal studies. or maybe global politics... or history... It's been great to finally start one of these and can't wait to look back at it in the future. (Hi future me)

VCE Goals
NOTE: Throughout VCE I have promised myself to focus on more than just numbers but I think these very rough goals may also help me grow in terms of work ethic and discipline (on top of helping with the "deciding your future" stuff).
HHD: 45+?
Biology: 40+
Literature: 40+
English Language: 45+
Methods: <40
Chemistry: <40
Thank YOU for reading through all of those words
Have a great day and look after yourself🌻
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:26:57 pm by bluebird »
VCE 2021: Biology | HHD [50]
VCE 2022: Methods | Chemistry | Literature | English Language

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: almaria's vce journal
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 03:46:44 pm »
+7
Hii almaria! It's fun to see another journal pop up, especially from someone starting vce  ;D
Your subjects look like a good mix! I also studied 1/2 HHD in year 10 and loved it, and am close to finishing 3/4 this year. As for your english subject, since you've mentioned how you love humanities, literature would be closest to that compared to eng lang, but I would get try to get a feel for both and ultimately decide which one you like best. I'm sure some ppl here on AN would be really useful to speak to, especially in the English boards!
Apart from school, how's your year been? Anything you like to do while stuck at home?
Keen to see more!  ;)

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 07:24:38 pm »
+4
Awwww thxxxx blueycan and good luck with your VCE stuff. ❤️
Yeah, 2020 has been a heck of a year and I think I'm just trying to enjoy life and my bucket loads of study periods and free time before year 11 hits me like a storm. Also, I think I'm a mix of science and humanities but the thing is I don't even read books that much. Hence, I'm not sure if literature is something I'd like (even though I really really enjoy analysing texts) but I really like the idea of eng lang and linguistics because it fascinates me so much. You can also reply to my post here about the English subject dilemma :) https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=192415.0 (idk how to copy links to other forums other ways lol)

Have a great day person reading this 🌻
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:38:00 pm by almaria »

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 10:38:26 am »
+9
💖 Another Post: Sep 16th 2020 💖
So I know it's only been like a few hours but I just felt like explaining where I am at and what I am doing with my main subjects in yr 10 in a tad bit more detail (and it has taken me like an hour so sorry if its super long) so here goes:

HHD 1/2
So I'm really enjoying this subject and the teacher. We don't do work in the lecture, notes, questions type way and it's mostly just completing set homework and getting loads of feedback (biggest factor in me getting alright marks). I found this to work way better especially during online learning. Sometimes I just don't understand what the marks want, (especially long mark ones), but I think I'm one of the top students so I have higher expectations for HHD than Bio next year and averaging in 80s-90s which is meh. (occasional 70s sadly). We're almost done with the content anyway so I need to just start doing questions to prep for exams and try not to bother with notes, etc because its a waste of time for this subject for me. Just get familiar with VCE exams (or whatever is happening this year). My aim is 95% for HHD because I am well aware that I can achieve it if I do enough questions, properly.

Biology 1/2
Well, I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it half as much as I did in semester 1 where we were actually in person and had loads of fun. Every class nowadays is just the same boring routine, ppt, notes, questions and I'm kind of sick of it. I really hope 1/2 doesn't matter too much for 3/4 because I haven't been putting that much effort into it. I know some of it is relevant like plasma membrane stuff and there's a huge difference in workload so I don't know how it will go. I suppose my marks are alright, like an 80s average. But if I want 40+ this ain't gonna cut it. My procrastination and lack of inspiration during quarantine has deeply affected me in biology and maths so I really hope this COVID situation changes for it, or I step up my game.

Yr 10 Maths
So I used to be pretty amazing at maths but times have changed and as competition in a different setting is completely different I found myself averaging at 65-80%. It's probably my worst subject for scores. As almost every thread you have probably read, I have 2 things. Worded problems and silly mistakes. They are the bane of my existence because I understand all the concepts and do all the work but just fail the tests. We've done linear, quadratics, trig and probability this year with methods incorporated and it's been a tad bit harder than I want it to be. Since online school started the teachers are having a much more difficult time teaching maths because students just can't ask questions as easily as we used to and they can't see if I actually understand it etc. Hence, me who never thought getting tutors were a good idea has now been changing things around and hopefully will get in the 88-95+ range for the next test or whatever is coming. Please. Going back to school would really change things around though.

Yr 10 English
Well, to be honest with I didn't read the books I was supposed to read for english but I still ended up getting great marks. I have an awesome teacher and they try to make class super engaging which has really really helped. The books themselves weren't even that hard to analyse once you research and skim read it. But honestly now this habit has made me scared for lit after research... so I decided that I should actually read the books from here on. So I'm making progress I guess? But the language in the old books just doesn't make sense to me because half the time I don't understand what exactly they're referring to. However, I need a goal so my aim is to finish at least one of the lit books for next year during these spring holidays, see if I like em and then once commencement is finished and I get a taste of what it's like, I'll enjoy it.

Yr 10 Humanities
Honestly, this is has been really fun lately even though I didn't like it at the start. We're about to start another a big essay on whatever we want and I think I should actually work on it over the holidays. My average scores are like 70s-80s because my teacher's such a tough marker but last year and the years before I was in the 90s and was so close to full marks for last years exam. I reckon if I had a different teacher (don't get me wrong they're super good at teaching etc.) I would actually get marks in line with every other class. Also a running theme in this journal will be "should I have done a humanities subject and not 2 englishes". Who knows, I might end up changing. I'm enticed by legal and history and global politics so... we shall see, but I'm not gonna do the more artsy VCE subjects because I just do not have that sort of capability at this point in time.

Extracurricular
I've been playing flute for a couple years and engaged in lots of different bands and stuff. It's sort of a love-hate relationship but I'm getting better (I think). I love engaging in school choir, singing, dance stuff even though I ain't that great. I kinda debate a bit and just try to get involved in school stuff.

I'll be extremely surprised if you read through all of that  ;D. Hopefully it wasn't too chaotic and made some sorta sense ;)
Enjoy your day and look after yourself🌻
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:28:30 pm by bluebird »

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 05:26:38 pm »
+4
Hi maria! It's great to see your journal pop up, it's been such a pleasant read so far. Your passion for HHD is very prominent through the way you talk about it, keep it up and you're gonna do great next year. An 80's average in Bio is great, keep it up. I'm sure you would have heard the 'it's not about your sac average, it's your ranking' statement many times on these forums so don't fret about your average rn and keep bridging the gap. Your extracurriculars are great, do you do AMEB/ Trinity exams for flute?
Looking forward to the next update <3
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 06:14:12 pm »
+5
Awww homeworkisapotato I'm so grateful and honoured for your message because I love reading your fantastic journal.
Hi maria! It's great to see your journal pop up, it's been such a pleasant read so far. Your passion for HHD is very prominent through the way you talk about it, keep it up and you're gonna do great next year.
HHD is probably my favourite subject, up there with english and humanities. Honestly the teachers make it and my school has an amazing 3/4 teacher I've heard so I can't wait for 3/4. No joke. Tysm for your kind words I appreciate it so much.

An 80's average in Bio is great, keep it up. I'm sure you would have heard the 'it's not about your sac average, it's your ranking' statement many times on these forums so don't fret about your average rn and keep bridging the gap.
Yes I have heard it but I suppose it's just when I know I could've done it but then marks confusion stuffed me up in the test... or procrastination. My teacher is amazing but not exactly setting us up for 3/4 the way other teachers are so I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it...  ???

Your extracurriculars are great, do you do AMEB/ Trinity exams for flute?
I may do an AMEB grade for the first time ever (since where I learnt before wasn't too musically inclined like where I am currently) which I have been preparing for this year. It's been thrown up but it's kind of daunting. Do you yourself play any instruments?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:40:48 pm by almaria »

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 07:51:04 pm »
+9
💖 A Short Post: Oct 5th 2020 💖
Honestly, I'm in year 10 and there's not much to say so it's just a pretty short post for me to jot down my thoughts. Also, good luck to everyone doing a 3/4!!!! You guys got this ❤️
Well I wasted 2 weeks of holidays. Again. Shocker. *sigh*
I suppose I should probably lay out my main aims for this term.
Term 4 Year 10 Goals

1. All the work I get assigned this term should be completed
2. Have all scores in the 80s
3. Job?
4. Get 90+ for biology and hhd "exams"
Next year sounds pretty full on and it would've been great to at least have had proper exams as practice for next year. I think we'll only have 1/2 exams. idk. In terms of content, currently we're up to 10.4 for HHD and chapter 9 (asexual and sexual reproduction) for Biology. We are REALLY behind in biology and the teacher seems to be too chill about it so I don't even know if we'll even finish everything. It's just 1/2 so oh well.

Warning: My Ramble!
I'm just sick of being at home and honestly jealous of literally most of Australia. I wish we could've locked down sooner but oh well. I'm really gonna miss my chill year 10 days and my classes and teachers. I really hope I can get my procrastination under control and ace next year. I also really need to do some work experience next year because this year was...... you know.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:28:05 pm by bluebird »

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
Re: A Procrastinator's VCE Journey
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 08:49:11 pm »
+7
💖 A Post Year 10 Post: Dec 7th 2020 💖
Hey guys! After a few weeks of floating around AN and slightly modifying my journal, I'm back. And hello to anyone seeing me around for the first time. :) I am now officially done with year 10 and hence, have washed my hands of 2020. I'm currently on holidays (after what felt like an eternity). Since, I last wrote a lot happened. So firstly:

Going back onsite: Oh. my. goodness. I had never been so happy to be back at school. Even happier than after the first lockdown. Seeing my friends, my teachers, wearing an annoying uniform, the traffic, carrying around a heavy bag... I took so much of it for granted and honestly, my mental health improved so much after getting back into the routine. Unfortunately, since we came back for term 4 it kind of just consisted of a bit of teaching, lots of assessments and preparation for "exams".

"Exams": Well as a year 10 I really wasn't too stressed about this. I know remote learning put me quite backwards for a lot of subjects and meant I didn't really engage at all in some *cough*bio*cough*. Everyone alway stresses about exams to a point where health and wellbeing is not a thing so I just decided to keep things in perspective and just do what I can given how this year went. So for HHD I did much much better than I expected (I owe it to my teacher). 92%. It was in 2 parts and I didn't really "prepare" as such. Just kinda went over things I already knew throughout the year and thanked myself for doing set work throughout the year. Biology. hmmmm. I passed which is amazing itself. An hour before exams I still didn't know a lot. I tried where I could. Anyway, I got a 59 and vowed that 3/4 is not a repeat of 1/2. Okay Maths. I may or may not have felt confident going in and then may or may not have cried when coming out. It was ... yeh. I came out being happy if I got a 40. 40% that is. In the end, I actually passed. With a 61. So yay. Again, I need me to actually do all the set work next year and ask allll of my questions to do better next year. Ok now I'll stop droning on about year 10 and move onto the much more exciting part...

Commencement🎉:  This was actually so exciting (I know I'll look back and think how naive I was as I cry over a SAC/exam/both). I mean the prospect of a fresh start for a school year brings the same amount of joy that new year's resolutions do. But for most of us those resolutions end in the same way... Regardless, I'm very happy with my teachers and have got people I know, with me in almost every class. The sad part is the holiday homework. So much of it. Why. :'(  To be honest, I'm not sure how much work I should do over the holidays because I want to relax and also not be behind. Would love to hear anyone's advice on what they did over the holidays for the following subjects

+ 3/4 Biology: We basically went through some VCAA scientific design questions and the teacher casually mentions the few chapterS (plural) that we need to do over the holidays. so that sounds like great fun. I'm totally not nervous for this subject at all after a shocking 1/2. (praying that the people who told me 1/2 was mostly irrelevant for 3/4 got it right.)

+ 3/4 HHD: Again, kind of just went through the course material and previous exams and didn't learn much. We got a whole booklet to do and set questions but I'm really really reallllllyyyy looking forward for this one. It's such a formulaic subject with interesting, relevant content and you're not just memorising definitions.

+ English Language: Well. I am superrrr excited for this subject because the content is so interesting. We went through loads of cool examples of language and how we use it and it really opened my mind. If I don't end up being in the health sciences field I reckon this very niche linguistics field sounds cool. I'm not sure what jobs there are in it, but it's so interesting. Loads of holiday homework too but.... maybe it'll be fun? (I say hesitantly)

+ Maths Methods: I think the teachers slightly scared everyone off with this with many wanting to drop it immediately. Jk. But seriously need to up my game if I would like to do above average. Worded problems. Silly mistakes. Tackle these by practice, practice and more practice. I think I'll be ok then? I'm aware of how falling behind in this subject is "the worst thing you can do" so I will NOT fall behind. Pls.

+ Chemistry: This was a subject I was genuinely so excited for... and then I realised that they expect us to remember everything from year 9 science (spoiler alert: i dont). Plus in year 10 there was no chemistry elective or anything or compulsory science so loads of kids did tutoring just to prepare for year 11. I was not one of those people and struggled my way through basic chemistry worksheets asking a trillion questions (unashamedly) because they did not bother going through any content whilst everyone was already up to the end. So I already felt like I was at a disadvantage even before the subject had started. :P I will maybe brush on those skills and see what happens.

+ Literature: Not sure if I'm not looking forward to this because I'm forcing myself to like it OR if I'm just intimidated by the high standards associated with these subjects. I'm not sure if I can make the same sort of analysis that kids in my class already can. I know that's what I'm going to learn and I don't need to know everything now but as a non book nerd doing this subject I already feel out of place here too. I love analysing texts but I don't actually read a load of books...

Anyways thank you so much for reading through this long mush of words and letters (or even just skim reading it).
Look after yourself 🌻

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 10:06:24 pm »
+1
This is interesting. Hello! :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 10:29:56 am »
+3
Glad to hear your mental health has been getting better!

Yeah bio 12 isn't that important for 34. Definitely possible to do well in 34 even without 12 so low 12 marks isn't a huge deal. I found for me the important thing I got out of 12 was practicing how to answer questions more so than the content knowledge (I did bio under the last year of the previous study design but have tutored under the current one).

lots of people struggle in chem 12. You're definitely not alone there but the jump from 12 to 34 isn't as big as the jump to 12 from year 9. Lots of resources online that can help you out here - please feel free to ask for help/guidance if it would help you :)

Also, your profile pic is great imo.

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 03:43:14 pm »
+3
Hi bluebird!

Glad you've enjoyed commencement into Year 11 / 12 classes :)

+ English Language: Well. I am superrrr excited for this subject because the content is so interesting. We went through loads of cool examples of language and how we use it and it really opened my mind. If I don't end up being in the health sciences field I reckon this very niche linguistics field sounds cool. I'm not sure what jobs there are in it, but it's so interesting. Loads of holiday homework too but.... maybe it'll be fun? (I say hesitantly)

Speech pathology involves linguistics and health sciences, so might be one to consider!

HHD is an awesome subject, and is also a great choice to do early. I did it this year and it was fantastic, for the most part. One thing I will say though is that it is a bit more content-heavy than 1/2, so try to keep on top of it, and your future self will thank you for it! ^-^

I hope you enjoy your holiday break!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 06:18:54 pm by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 07:00:05 pm »
+8
💖 A Summer Holidays Post: Jan 11th 2021 💖

my extremely late replies :P
Thank you so much Cat in the Hat (glad you find it interesting), Bri and lm for your replies. It means a lot.
lm, I've now been considering speech pathology and am super excited for HHD (might need to get a start on that holiday homework.) Bri, thanks so much for the tip. I think I'll try to spend less time on notes.

Hello humans! I hope you've been enjoying your summer and taking care of yourselves.
I can't believe there's only around 3 weeks for school! I'm really excited to actually finally know what my 3/4 subjects (and 1/2 subjects for that matter) are actually like. Especially since commencement was so brief. I spent a lot of time relaxing and catching up with family and friends in December, so as expected, January me is slightly nervous and not sure how to finish this huge pile of holiday homework. ::) So far I've not even looked at EngLang and Chem and barely made a dent in HHD (answered a few simple questions), Lit (read 1 out of 4 books and have not started the writing part) and Methods (did a couple questions). Biology, very surprisingly, is the only thing I've been doing, but very slowly. (But do note that as a procrastinator, I'm proud that I've even started something already) I'm trying to write notes for the first few chapters of the (Heinemann) textbook and get through the questions too. I know have time to finish everything but I'm still nervous as a loads of other people seem so much further ahead. Regardless, I've loved reading through all the guides on AN trialling bits and pieces and seeing what works but I have to say I'm really worried that I'm doing something wrong and inefficiently even though I know I should only be figuring out what works for me. Some people say they did nothing on the holidays and got a 50, others did the whole course on the holidays and got a 50. I really want to get a high score and prove myself but the pressure of the study scores, ATAR, scaling, awards, getting into uni etc is slightly getting to me. Anyways, I know this year won't be easy and I will inevitably lose motivation at some points and slack off, but I really hope I take a break when I need to, remember my goals and get back up. Basically:
I BETTER KEEP ON TOP OF EVERYTHING  >:(
well this post was kind of a mess but....
Stay safe and be kind to yourself 🌻
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 10:57:40 am by bluebird »

matchamilk

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 07:52:13 pm »
+5
Hey bluebird! It's great that you're really looking forward to school starting back up; try not to worry too much about your 3/4s! I had it in my head last summer that I was going to finish all of Unit 3 for both my 3/4s over the holidays, and all I actually ended up doing was watching the U3 bio edrolos (and not even taking them in; going on my phone and telling myself I was being productive) and things worked out pretty well in the end for me! Try not to compare where you are at the moment to others; it's definitely not necessary to do anything other than your holiday homework during the holidays in order to get a high score.  :)
2020: Biology [45], Legal Studies [44]
2021: Chemistry, English Language, Further, Methods

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 08:17:15 am »
+1
A piece of advice about holiday homework:
If all it's doing is stressing you, don't do it - do what you can and what will be best for your learning.
I didn't do any before year 12 (note: that was because I was unable to following a major operation, and I wouldn't have done it by choice) and it worked pretty well.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 03:32:18 pm »
+1
Hey bluebird! It's great that you're really looking forward to school starting back up; try not to worry too much about your 3/4s! I had it in my head last summer that I was going to finish all of Unit 3 for both my 3/4s over the holidays, and all I actually ended up doing was watching the U3 bio edrolos (and not even taking them in; going on my phone and telling myself I was being productive) and things worked out pretty well in the end for me! Try not to compare where you are at the moment to others; it's definitely not necessary to do anything other than your holiday homework during the holidays in order to get a high score.  :)
Thanks so much matchamilk for your reply! It's kind of comforting that I don't need to be super ahead of the game. I guess its just super hard for me to stop comparing myself to others. When I hear someone talk about VCE now for some reason I just feel immediately insecure and terrified of not doing my best and being dumb in front of other peoples eyes. Thats a bit exaggerated but yeah.

A piece of advice about holiday homework:
If all it's doing is stressing you, don't do it - do what you can and what will be best for your learning.
I didn't do any before year 12 (note: that was because I was unable to following a major operation, and I wouldn't have done it by choice) and it worked pretty well.
Thanks Cat in the Hat for your reply! I guess in a school full of teachers and students with high expectations it almost seems unimaginable and almost like commiting a crime by not doing holiday homework (especially since a lot of it will be checked by the teachers  :P). There also seems to be a mindset amongst students that if the thought of VCE does not bring stress or fear, you're doing something wrong. The hype around "VCE" *insert thunder lightning and screams* is whats scaring me mostly haha.