Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:45:07 pm

Author Topic: Economics Short Answer Feedback  (Read 649 times)

janedoe1709

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Economics Short Answer Feedback
« on: October 03, 2020, 03:04:27 pm »
Hey can I get some feedback on this?

Discuss the impact of global financial flows on economies.

Finance, i.e. money is one of the most globalised features of the world economy, as the introduction and advancements in technology have facilitated the movement of money between economies faster than goods and services and even people. One of the main drivers of global financial flows (GFFs) are international financial deregulations which officially began on a global scale between the 1970s–1980s, and the other is the increase in speculators and currency traders. This in turn, has not only increased the number of global financial transactions but also volatility in global prices. This can be seen in the fluctuation of the FOREX daily turnover which increased from USD $4 trillion in 2010 to USD $6.6 trillion in 2020, which is a total 40% increase in trading volume. A key benefit of GFFs is the increasing ability of economies to obtain greater investment finance, however, augmented GFFs increase the prospect of financial contagion. For example, the GFC saw a plummet in financial market activity as a result of the increased risk aversion of lenders, higher costs of credit and increased market volatility.

UzaSaa

• Adventurer
  • Aspiring Product Designer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Economics Short Answer Feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 06:53:08 pm »
Hey, I think it's good, it addresses the question well. The only thing I would improve on is actually answering the question in its entirety, since its asking for the impact of global financial flows on economies, so you arent limited to a general global view. this is where you could be like "the global financial deregulation movement/globalisation phase saw economies such as Australia open up their markets, leading to the floating of the AUD in 1983, which allowed for market forces to determine supply and demand, subsequently leading to Australia's finance sector being one of its most important etc", chuck in some stats about how financial dereg has led to a reduction in operating costs from 4.2% to 2.9% in 88' and 92', respectively. then add how it would benefit income inequality. and because its a discuss question, you can also point out the aspect of a debt trap scenario to do with finance in general.

Hope this helps.
Uzair Saadat ( ̄ー ̄)