Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:48:03 pm

Author Topic: Pet Cloning Poll  (Read 1108 times)  Share 

emma28742247

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +3
Pet Cloning Poll
« on: October 20, 2020, 09:16:55 am »
+2
Hi All!
It would be really great if you could complete my survey if you get a chance!

https://forms.gle/xpGqKVuDPgjmxH526

It shouldn't take very long!

Thank you!

(also please tell me/delete if this isn't allowed)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Re: Pet Cloning Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:54:46 am »
+7
Before I take part in this survey (I'd also encourage others not to respond until this is clear, so you can make an informed choice), I think it's important that there's some things about this poll you should make clear to us - most of this is fairly standard practice for those involved in research, but I understand you're likely a high schooler, doing this for a project, and so aren't entirely aware of research ethics. That being said, could you please tell us:

a) The purposes of this poll (why are you collecting this information? What are you going to use it for?)
b) Who will see this information?

I'm sure the poll is perfectly safe, and this is meant to be a fun science project, or something else. I'm sure you're a lovely person who doesn't want to hurt us and will only use the information to learn about opinions on cloning, and not to do anything bad like try and shame people for having an opinion one way or the other. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, so please don't take offence. But remember - we don't know you, how old you are, what you do for a living, etc., so please understand the hesitancy to jump right in.

(also note - this isn't ATAR Notes telling you off. The honorary in my title means I'm a retired mod - I have no more power on the forums than you do. I'm simply asking as a concerned citizen)

emma28742247

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 10:59:11 am »
+11
Before I take part in this survey (I'd also encourage others not to respond until this is clear, so you can make an informed choice), I think it's important that there's some things about this poll you should make clear to us - most of this is fairly standard practice for those involved in research, but I understand you're likely a high schooler, doing this for a project, and so aren't entirely aware of research ethics. That being said, could you please tell us:

a) The purposes of this poll (why are you collecting this information? What are you going to use it for?)
b) Who will see this information?

I'm sure the poll is perfectly safe, and this is meant to be a fun science project, or something else. I'm sure you're a lovely person who doesn't want to hurt us and will only use the information to learn about opinions on cloning, and not to do anything bad like try and shame people for having an opinion one way or the other. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, so please don't take offence. But remember - we don't know you, how old you are, what you do for a living, etc., so please understand the hesitancy to jump right in.

(also note - this isn't ATAR Notes telling you off. The honorary in my title means I'm a retired mod - I have no more power on the forums than you do. I'm simply asking as a concerned citizen)

HI All, Keltingmeith has pointed out that I should outline a few things first:

a) The purposes of this poll is for collecting information for a SAC investigation, exploring the public perception of pet cloning (specifically in Australia) I will be using this information as a primary source of data to analyse in my report. 

b) My teachers and myself will be able to see this information, and any information shared will be anonymous so your name will not be attached.

I am a high school student and I will not b shaming anyone for their opinions on this topic.

I hope this helps :)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 03:47:43 pm »
+4
HI All, Keltingmeith has pointed out that I should outline a few things first:

a) The purposes of this poll is for collecting information for a SAC investigation, exploring the public perception of pet cloning (specifically in Australia) I will be using this information as a primary source of data to analyse in my report. 

b) My teachers and myself will be able to see this information, and any information shared will be anonymous so your name will not be attached.

I am a high school student and I will not b shaming anyone for their opinions on this topic.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks for that :) Sorry for being a stick in the mud - I've answered the poll, hopefully you get lots of responses!