Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:09:00 pm

Author Topic: Iz's VCE Journey :)  (Read 3421 times)

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
  • Respect: +40
Iz's VCE Journey :)
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:01:17 pm »
+13
Hi guys!

I've been wanting to make a VCE journal for a while now - I guess now is the best time to start, since tomorrow is the start of transition week. I wanted to make a journal mainly so that I can get all my thoughts out and look back on things, but also so that I can get more involved in the AN community.

About Me:
If Duck Tails is too much of a mouthful, you can call me Iz. My favourite subjects are ones that are science and history based - I did 1/2 biology this year which I loved, and I also did an elective this semester that was based around World War II. I've been boxing for around 4 years, however I've been held back due to COVID and injuring my wrist - I'm itching to get back though. I like footy (more so watching than playing), politics, current affairs, hanging out with friends, watching movies - you know, all that fun stuff. My ultimate goal is to do medicine - right now, I want to go to UniMelb and do a Bachelor of Science before going into the MD.

Exams:
I had my year 10 exams (WWII and business electives, literacy, numeracy, and 1/2 bio) on Thursday and Friday. Only my literacy result has been released so far - I got 90% which I'm pretty chuffed about, although I think it's a bit generous considering I didn't finish my essay. I'll probably do another update once all my results come out.

My Subjects
3/4 Biology: I really enjoyed bio this year, and I'm pretty excited to learn more about evolution and all that sort of stuff.
3/4 Religion and Society: I didn't intend on doing two 3/4s next year - I was going to do 1/2 R&S, however only like two other people wanted to do it so I decided to jump straight into 3/4. Kinda nervous, but oh well. I'm not really religious, but I am interested in how religion has become such a driving force in the world and all that. As an added bonus, I get a study session this year because I don't have to do the compulsory school-based RE (I go to a Catholic school).
Maths Methods: I did decent in my pre-methods class this year, but it's definitely not my strongest subject. Mainly doing it cos (ha) it's a prerequisite.
English Language: Chose it because it seemed the most interesting out of all the English subjects, and because it seems like I won't have to bullshit as much. I'm not a huge fan of creative writing, and I want to try and keep reading books as a pass time - I don't want it to end up as a chore.
20th Century History: As I mentioned before, I enjoyed the WWII elective I did this semester, which hopefully will give me a bit of a head start. I think that history's really interesting - hence why I chose the subject.
Chemistry: Probably the subject I'm most apprehensive about. Chosen mainly because it's a prerequisite, hoping that I can use it to help understand biology and vice-versa. I know the chem teachers at my school are really good, which should be helpful.

My Main Goals For Next Year:
- Establish better study habits: Ideally, I want to revise once each week - you know, to combat the forgetting curve or whatever. Keep that stuff fresh in my mind.
- Stop procrastinating: One episode of New Girl shouldn't turn into three episodes of New Girl. That's an extra 40 minutes that you could've used doing something productive!!!
- Try and keep things balanced: I want to try and get things done ASAP - that way, I can make time for myself and do the things I want to do; get my driving hours up, go to boxing, watch footy, all the rest of it.

Right, this is long enough as it is; I'll probably update sometime later this week, however I'll probably be pretty quiet over the holidays. Hope you guys enjoy :)
KLD Class of 2022
VCE 2021: Biology [41], Religion and Society [34]
2022: Chemistry, Methods, Revolutions, English Language

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Iz's VCE Journey :)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 08:39:42 pm »
+3
Hi guys!

I've been wanting to make a VCE journal for a while now - I guess now is the best time to start, since tomorrow is the start of transition week. I wanted to make a journal mainly so that I can get all my thoughts out and look back on things, but also so that I can get more involved in the AN community.

About Me:
If Duck Tails is too much of a mouthful, you can call me Iz. My favourite subjects are ones that are science and history based - I did 1/2 biology this year which I loved, and I also did an elective this semester that was based around World War II. I've been boxing for around 4 years, however I've been held back due to COVID and injuring my wrist - I'm itching to get back though. I like footy (more so watching than playing), politics, current affairs, hanging out with friends, watching movies - you know, all that fun stuff. My ultimate goal is to do medicine - right now, I want to go to UniMelb and do a Bachelor of Science before going into the MD.

Exams:
I had my year 10 exams (WWII and business electives, literacy, numeracy, and 1/2 bio) on Thursday and Friday. Only my literacy result has been released so far - I got 90% which I'm pretty chuffed about, although I think it's a bit generous considering I didn't finish my essay. I'll probably do another update once all my results come out.

My Subjects
3/4 Biology: I really enjoyed bio this year, and I'm pretty excited to learn more about evolution and all that sort of stuff.
3/4 Religion and Society: I didn't intend on doing two 3/4s next year - I was going to do 1/2 R&S, however only like two other people wanted to do it so I decided to jump straight into 3/4. Kinda nervous, but oh well. I'm not really religious, but I am interested in how religion has become such a driving force in the world and all that. As an added bonus, I get a study session this year because I don't have to do the compulsory school-based RE (I go to a Catholic school).
Maths Methods: I did decent in my pre-methods class this year, but it's definitely not my strongest subject. Mainly doing it cos (ha) it's a prerequisite.
English Language: Chose it because it seemed the most interesting out of all the English subjects, and because it seems like I won't have to bullshit as much. I'm not a huge fan of creative writing, and I want to try and keep reading books as a pass time - I don't want it to end up as a chore.
20th Century History: As I mentioned before, I enjoyed the WWII elective I did this semester, which hopefully will give me a bit of a head start. I think that history's really interesting - hence why I chose the subject.
Chemistry: Probably the subject I'm most apprehensive about. Chosen mainly because it's a prerequisite, hoping that I can use it to help understand biology and vice-versa. I know the chem teachers at my school are really good, which should be helpful.

My Main Goals For Next Year:
- Establish better study habits: Ideally, I want to revise once each week - you know, to combat the forgetting curve or whatever. Keep that stuff fresh in my mind.
- Stop procrastinating: One episode of New Girl shouldn't turn into three episodes of New Girl. That's an extra 40 minutes that you could've used doing something productive!!!
- Try and keep things balanced: I want to try and get things done ASAP - that way, I can make time for myself and do the things I want to do; get my driving hours up, go to boxing, watch footy, all the rest of it.

Right, this is long enough as it is; I'll probably update sometime later this week, however I'll probably be pretty quiet over the holidays. Hope you guys enjoy :)
Another new VCE journey! I do like seeing these things. :) Hello, Duck Tails! Enjoy your VCE!
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 09:47:14 pm »
+9
UPDATE: 2/12/2020
Two days of school left for this year! I'm pretty pumped for the holidays, mainly because I'm sick of this year :P I'm excited to get a break and be able to (somewhat) relax.
I've had all my VCE classes over the past two days - bio, history, and eng lang yesterday, and methods, R&S, and chem today.

First Impressions So Far:
3/4 Bio: Pretty sure it's my biggest class, made up mostly of year 12s. My teacher is meant to be pretty good - he said he did some "research" on all of us (which made me crap me dacks just a bit) to see how we are at reading and writing, which I'm guessing is so he can assist us with exam stuff in the future. We jumped straight into a prac which surprised me a bit, considering it was the first session, but it was pretty chill - something about putting beetroot into different solutions to see how much pigment would leak, and how the phospholipid bilayer is affected by different pH. Nothing too new yet, but I'll see what happens on Friday.
3/4 R&S: A nice little class, me and my best friend are the only year 11s in the class which was a bit awkies but hopefully we'll settle in. My teacher was my RE teacher for this year, she's so lovely and she definitely knows her stuff. We did a little discussion activity, then we watched a Netflix documentary about different creation stories. Overall pretty good, a nice easy session to help settle in - did get a bit sleepy towards the end though. Don't know if that's because I was tired, or because of Morgan Freeman's silky smooth voice. Maybe both.
Meth: We did a diagnostic test, mainly on algebra and graphing stuff - not too bad, but there were a few things that had slipped my mind. Also didn't help that I left both of my calculators at home. I have four year 10s in my class, which is a bit surprising - only two people from my year level did methods this year, so I don't know if that means that the year below us is really smart or if we're just really dumb. I haven't met our teacher yet as he's new, but he might be coming in tomorrow to introduce himself. Hopefully he's nice!
EngLang: Not a bad class. We did a short test to show my teacher what we know - definitely got a lot to learn. I was reading through the metalanguage book last night because the power went out and I was bored, and I got pretty into the phonology stuff. I sounded like an idiot reading it though - I was going through all the different sounds and got excited when I realised what my mouth was doing to make that sound. My teacher's a bit old-fashioned, but he seems nice enough. Interested to see what we'll be doing tomorrow.
History: My smallest class with only 7 people in it. We did a quick introduction with a look over the study design, then we did an activity where we had to guess when certain historical events happened, as well as put all the ones we knew on a timeline. Our holiday homework is mainly on the reasons and impact of WWI, which seems interesting enough. I had my teacher last year for literacy - she's so great, you can really tell how enthusiastic she is about what we're learning. Overall, I think I'm going to enjoy it.
Chem: Probably the most full on subject so far after bio, which was kind of expected. My teacher started off with a powerpoint introducing herself as she hasn't really taught us before, as well as taking us through what we'll do over the year. I already love her - she's so down to earth. She acknowledged that chem's going to be really hard, but she said that she's gonna help us as much as she can and that she wants us to all help each other and work together. She's also a big fan of dumbing everything down and explaining stuff in simple ways, which calms my nerves a little bit. We're jumping straight into a research SAC, which is a bit scary to be honest, but I think it'll be nice to be able to research something of my choice instead of mindlessly scribbling down notes. I'm focusing on something about the evidence that living things are made up of stardust, which seems pretty interesting. I've done really well on my bio research SACs this year, so hopefully that'll carry through.

Other Schtuff:
I'm running for house captain, and had my interview today. I think I did pretty well, so hopefully I'll hear some good news around Friday  ;D

Another new VCE journey! I do like seeing these things. :) Hello, Duck Tails! Enjoy your VCE!
Thank you so much, The Cat In The Hat! I hope you stick around and enjoy - good luck for later this month, I'm sure you smashed it :)
KLD Class of 2022

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 09:16:48 pm »
+2
Hey Iz! It's nice to see a fellow class of 2022er's VCE journey. We got quite a few similar subjects I see... I'm glad to see you're already enjoying your classes though. and hopefully house captain went well for you. Which subject are you most looking forward to? It's been really nice reading your journal already. Can't wait to see more.  ;D
- bluebird 🌻
VCE 2021: Biology | HHD [50]
VCE 2022: Methods | Chemistry | Literature | English Language

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 10:04:06 pm »
+2
It's been really nice reading your journal already. Can't wait to see more.  ;D
^^ What this person said! :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 07:05:30 pm »
+3
Hey Iz! It's nice to see a fellow class of 2022er's VCE journey. We got quite a few similar subjects I see... I'm glad to see you're already enjoying your classes though. and hopefully house captain went well for you. Which subject are you most looking forward to? It's been really nice reading your journal already. Can't wait to see more.  ;D
- bluebird 🌻

Hey bluebird,

I'm very happy to say that I got house captain! We all seem to be a pretty good bunch so hopefully next year we can plan some fun events.

The subject I'm most excited for is probably either bio or history. I feel like I did pretty well in bio this year and I really enjoyed it, so hopefully that trend will continue. I asked my teacher if he could read through my discussion part of my prac report because I honestly felt like I was just making it up as I went, and he said it was 'spot on' - hopefully that's a sign I'm going in the right direction. I'm also pretty keen for history because I feel like it'll be a nice break from my more science-y subjects, and I enjoyed the history subjects I've done before. I really like to learn about how and why things are the way they are, and how things have changed  :D
KLD Class of 2022

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 03:47:06 pm »
+10
UPDATE: 15/12/20

Hi guys! Just thought I'd post a quick update as all of my year 10 exam results are out :)

Exam Results:
Literacy: 90%
As I said in my first entry, I feel like 90's a bit generous considering I didn't finish my essay. My teacher did say beforehand that she thought it wasn't a very long time to analyse + write an argument analysis essay (we got 90 mins writing time), and that she'd be happy if we just had a really good plan and had started writing our essay. Still very happy with it.

Pre-Methods: 80%
Honestly a lot better than expected - I can't remember if I even attempted the extended response, there were a few doozies in there. Super happy with this though!!

1/2 Biology: 84%
Pretty happy, I think I expected to do a lot worse but then again I did that with just about all my exams. Hoping my marks are like this next year  ;)

Business Elective: 85%
Don't particularly care too much about this one, only really chose this elective as in previous years everyone set up their own businesses and sold milkshakes and stuff at lunchtime  :P

WWII Elective: A+ (no percentage given)
Pretty happy with this, we were shown the exam prior so I knew what to expect but, not gonna lie, i was googling the answers to the extended response like 5 minutes before sitting it.

Probably need to get a wriggle on with my holiday homework - I go back to school in the first week of February, but I've got a decent load and I haven't even started. Don't think there'll be an update for a while, most likely not until school is about to start; there might be a surprise though, depending on how things go ;D
KLD Class of 2022

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 12:27:52 pm »
+6
UPDATE: 6/2/21

Right. Long time no post, but whatever.
I've officially finished my first week of year 11, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little drained - probably just a shock to the system after having 2 months off. My timetable for this week's a bit smelly also - I had EngLang 3 days in a row, as well as just under 3 hours of bio on Tuesday (double double sessions are gross). Apart from that, it was good to get back into the swing of things and see all my friends and teachers.

3/4 Bio: Although I had most of it on Tuesday, it was pretty chill - going through the technical side, talking through how you get your study score and all that, then we went over our the phospholipid bilayer, which we did over the holidays anyway. Mainly revision sort of stuff, but we also did some exam multiple choice so we could get used to them. Pretty nice and easy, though I anticipate it'll get a bit heavier in the next few weeks.
- Homework: Refine notes, start work on photosynthesis if I can

3/4 R&S: Another pretty chill subject this week - we went over different worldviews, had a look at the Abrahamic religions (surface level type stuff, though I found it quite interesting), and we each had to make a resource for the 9 aspects of religion (pretty easy stuff, since I'd done a bit of it last year). I'm interested to see how next week will be, as my teacher and majority of my class will be away on year 12 camp.
- Homework: None :)

Methods: Working through straight lines; stuff most of us already know, so pretty breezy except some of the weird application questions are a pain. My teacher's new to the school, I like him - even though we know how to do the things in the chapter, he showed us the "why" behind it which I really enjoyed, as it's good to think about it in a way other than "this is the formula, now do it". Honestly don't think there's anything better than a teacher getting into the nitty-gritty and feeling like your brain is getting picked apart  :o
- Homework: Get up to 2C if you can

EngLang: Felt like a bit more of a drag, probably because I had it 3 days in a row as mentioned before (and I didn't finish my holiday homework and was working on it till an ungodly hour each night... that's all I'm gonna say about that  :P). The stuff we're learning about is pretty interesting though, which (i guess) makes up for it. We've touched on the subsystems, what makes human communication unique, and we're currently going through phonology. We've got a fair bit of time to work through it before our SAC in March, which is good.
- Homework: Take notes on phonology in Love the Lingo, pages 4-17 in metalanguage book

History: Another breezy subject this week, we looked at Woodrow Wilson's 14 points, the German November Revolution, and the Treaty of Versailles. Pretty interesting, especially when you consider how it all lead up to WWII. Probably one of my favourite subjects at the moment, as it's a nice break from the more heavier subjects while still being stimulating.
- Homework: None :)

Chemistry: Woof. Saved the most "eh" for last. This is definitely not a reflection on my teacher - she's great. Not particularly enjoying starting out the year with a research SAC. Did what I thought would be most of my research over the holidays, however now I'm actually writing out my poster I need more information. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my topic is examining the evidence that humans are made of stardust. Pretty straightforward, which isn't necessarily a good thing.
I have jack shit to write about.
I've essentially answered the question, and now I'm going into stuff like how the elements sustain life and looking into other creation stories and seeing how they weigh up (this is intended to tie in social impacts). I'm hoping this is relevant enough so I can go into more depth (and it's helpful since it kind of ties in with bio and R&S respectively), however I'm a bit scared that I'll get marks docked for straying too far away from the research question. I also spent a lot of time working on it yesterday since it's due on Monday, and I think I've burnt myself out a bit. Oh well, at least I know the fear of failure will drive me to get it done before it's due  :P

Better leave it here and stop procrastinating said chem poster (today's pretty much the only day I can get it done - I'm going to Melbourne tomorrow to watch the AFLW, which I'm pretty excited for  ;D). I'll hopefully update later this week, most likely on the weekend. Hope all you guys are enjoying the start of the school year - we're all in this together :)
KLD Class of 2022

brothanathan

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 01:27:49 pm »
UPDATE: 6/2/21

Right. Long time no post, but whatever.
I'll hopefully update later this week, most likely on the weekend. Hope all you guys are enjoying the start of the school year - we're all in this together :)

Hey Iz,

Just thought a random like me would just check in to see how yer doin

Make sure if you haven't already to create questions from the notes you've made for Bio. It does help if your teacher doesn't really give clues about what on the SACs.

For R&S too, even if your teacher hasn't set any work. You might wanna send in some practice responses to any VCAA exam questions that are relevant to what you're currently learning.

When you get the feedback from the practice responses, refine them according to the feedback given.

Yep, you guessed it.

Send them in again, until it's the best you could possibly write it for Unit 3!

Enjoy the AFLW game tomorrow yer gun!!

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 02:53:27 pm »
+3
UPDATE: 15/2/21

Two weeks down, however many more to go.
Last week wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either. Was a bit disjointed as some of my teachers were away on the year 12 retreat, and the whole lockdown situation has kinda got me down in the dumps - I really hope it doesn't last longer than Wednesday. Ah well, as long as we're keeping people safe, that's all that matters. At least the footy's still on for now.

3/4 Bio
Remembering why this is one of my favourite subjects. We worked on protein synthesis last week, and I enjoyed getting into the nitty-gritty of things. This is a subject that I tend to go into more detail than necessary, just because I really want to know what's going on. We also did some exam-style questions to help us get a feel for it, and I got 98% which I'm pretty chuffed about. Overall, really enjoying the topics at the moment and the practice questions.
Homework: Refine notes for summary book
3/4 Religion & Society
Bit of a weird one last week. My teacher went on year 12 retreat and told us (the two year 11s in the class) that she's e-mail us some work to do... The e-mails didn't come and we didn't think that e-mailing her would do much (y'know, probably wouldn't be checking her inbox too much while on camp) so we just used the class time as study sessions. Really hoping we weren't expected to do anything, but oh well. Hoping this week will be more eventful.
Homework: None
Methods
Alright this week, more of the same-same. Working through chapter 2 (straight line equations n stuff) so not particularly hard. Have discovered that there are more equations of a straight line than just gradient-intercept form, which may be slightly worrying that I didn't know earlier - or maybe I just forgot, I don't know. Need to get my butt into gear though, cos I have a SAC this Friday and I still need to finish 5 sections, as well as write summaries. We'll get there.
Homework: Finish Chapter 2, write summaries for chapters 1 & 2
EngLang
Pretty good, learnt about phonology and phonetics - IPA, consonant and vowel production, all that fun stuff. Found it interesting learning about how we talk and stuff, though I did sound like an idiot in class and doing my homework by repeating the same sounds and words over and over. Probably need to work on remembering all the terms - my friend made some flashcards, so I'll give them a squizz sometime.
Homework: None
History
Learnt about Treaty of Versailles (mainly the reactions to it) and other treaties, and did a bit of source analysis. Excited to get more into how these things impacted the world and ultimately led to WWII - I learnt a bit on this last year in one of my electives and found it pretty interesting. Not too much to say, apart from that I'm enjoying it.
Homework: Finish questions on how/if Treaty of Versailles led to WWII
Chemistry
Finished my research SAC before the deadline. Not particularly proud of it, but I did work hard on it and I hope it's enough to tick some of the boxes. Started learning about atomic structure - most of which I've already learnt, but I can confidently say that I have no bloody idea how subshells work. The letters and numbers confuse me. Did a flame test which was fun, my classmates and teacher are both pretty cool so I reckon it should be a good year (y'know, if we get COVID under control).
Homework:Finish notes on atomic structure

Glad school gave us the day off today - I was pretty drained over the weekend due to being back in lockdown. Gonna try and smash out most of my homework this arvo. Hope this week's not too bad - with any luck, we'll be back at school on Thursday.

Hey Iz,

Just thought a random like me would just check in to see how yer doin

Make sure if you haven't already to create questions from the notes you've made for Bio. It does help if your teacher doesn't really give clues about what on the SACs.

For R&S too, even if your teacher hasn't set any work. You might wanna send in some practice responses to any VCAA exam questions that are relevant to what you're currently learning.

When you get the feedback from the practice responses, refine them according to the feedback given.

Yep, you guessed it.

Send them in again, until it's the best you could possibly write it for Unit 3!

Enjoy the AFLW game tomorrow yer gun!!
Hey, brothanathan!
This has definitely cheered me up a bit. The footy was great, despite the saints losing (bloody kangas) - there's just something about that atmosphere. Hopefully I'll be able to watch in person soon.
Thanks so much for your advice, especially regarding R&S; I must admit that I've felt a bit lost with how to go about it, since there aren't many resources for it. I know what I need to do to do well in bio, but R&S is a bit of a mystery. Will definitely have a go at writing some responses - if you have any more advice, I'd love to hear it  ;D

Hope all you lovely people reading have a great week - especially all you other VIC people. We'll get through this <33
KLD Class of 2022

brothanathan

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 07:27:47 pm »
if you have any more advice, I'd love to hear it  ;D

As if any disrespect's gonna sway me off here. To anyone who's doing it tough right now. Hope it gets better soon and there won't be more lockdowns (fingers crossed)

Now, the advice. Well we don't wanna sugarcoat you just yet unfortunately. Make sure you get at least 10 responses sent in and re-submitted. Then we'll see what advice we (AN) can give after.

Happy days :)

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 12:02:39 pm »
+3
UPDATE: 12/3/21

Heyo. Long time no see.
I blame being absolutely inundated with homework for not updating as frequently as I'd like. Am definitely feeling the pressure in general - the jump from year 10 to year 11 has hit me like a truck. Last year there weren't many real consequences for "slacking off" (which I put in quotes as my idea of slacking is, from what I've seen, vastly different from some of my peers'). This year I feel like I can't really neglect anything, since it all sort of matters. I know, I've heard the whole spiel that "all you need to do is pass your 1/2's", which I get, but I'm worried that if I merely pass that I won't have as good of a base knowledge for my subjects next year. I've got all my SACs coming up in the next two weeks, which isn't really boosting my confidence. I pretty much crumbled on Wednesday, which I think was a result of doubting myself + my friends being annoying and distracting in a class I was moderately behind in and didn't understand + that time of the month coming up. Basically I ended up crying (full on, snotty breakdown - you're welcome for that mental image) right as break started and literally everyone in year 11 and 12 was around me, putting their stuff in their lockers. Fuckin embarrassing, but one of my teachers noticed and ushered me away and we had a chat (Buttsy, I know you're not reading this, but I love you).

Hahahaha I love VCE

3/4 Biology
Hoooooo bio my love <3 since I last posted, we've done gene regulation (lac operon, u so cute), biochemical pathways, and we're about to start cellular respiration. My class has a lot more time compared to the others due to timetable stuff, so the workload is surprisingly not that bad as long as I stay on top of it. I've been doing pretty well on the exam practice questions my teacher gives us for each topic, getting at least 80%, which is a big plus. I've got a practice prac for my SAC (try saying that 10 times fast) next week. Hopefully it goes well.

3/4 Religion and Society
I have a love-hate relationship with R&S. I really enjoy learning about it and have been watching Bible Project videos in my spare time (really helpful if you're like me and would like to learn more about Christianity and stuff), but I feel like a lost puppy. I have a SAC next week, and I feel unprepared - probably because ohmygodthisactuallygoestowardsmystudyscore. Gonna try and work through the practice SAC and send my responses to my teacher, and brush up on everything this weekend.

Methods
Oh Jesus. Methods is so chill, but it's too chill. My linear equations SAC I did yonks ago was pretty easy - I heard a few of my kids say they didn't finish, while I had enough time to draw a dinosaur and colour it in. Probably should've looked over it better, cos the marks I lost were mainly silly mistakes - still got an A though. We have a schedule for when we should have everything done by, but the thing is that I convince myself I have heaps of time and put it off until all of a sudden I have homework for every other subject and now I'm 8 topics behind. Shit. Will try and do most of the work this weekend, but apparently the later topics are actually sort of hard so I think I'm gonna have great fun. Man, I hate quadratics.

Chemistry
Yeahhhh it's alright. Got my results back for my research SAC - A+!!!! (Storytime: I had a dream that I got 18% and it felt so real that I had it in my head that I was going to get around that. When I actually got my results back, I was so dumbfounded that I was like what's an A+ what does this mean. How fun.) Was definitely not expecting it, but apparently it wasn't the hot pile of garbage that I thought it was.
Anyway, I've been doing alright with the coursework - we've done the periodic table trends, metals, and ionic bonding. All of it I'm pretty comfortable with, except wtf are polyatomic ions. I've got a SAC next week, but it's meant to be pretty easy - I'll try and skim through my notes this weekend.

EngLang
Ughhhhh. I'd much rather do lang than mainstream english or lit, but god does it make me feel dumb. We've gone through all the subsystems by now. Every other subject I have at least some sort of basic knowledge, but with lang everything is new and confusing and do I actually know what a verb is??? My SAC's in a week's time, so hopefully I'll be able to try and understand it all. Definitely not my favourite, but my teacher said that if we all do well on the SAC he'll make us a ginger fluff, which I've never actually had, but surely gingery sponge cake can be decent.

History
Not bad, good size. We've looked at ideologies, the League of Nations, the Great Depression, and we're currently looking at the rise of Hitler and appeasement. I feel like history's pretty breezy, though I do have a SAC in a week, which might make me change my mind. The other week we did an escape room based around Hitler, which was pretty fun, even though we technically died like three times.

Righto, don't think I have much else to say. not sure if I'll update next weekend, seeing as I've got all my SACs coming up, but we'll see what happens. The week after's probably my best bet. If you're reading this, hey - I see you, and I appreciate you. Thanks for sticking around and coming with me on this wild ride. You're pretty cool, I reckon.
KLD Class of 2022