Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:27:46 am

Author Topic: A State Ranker's Major Projects  (Read 4696 times)  Share 

alex-kam

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
A State Ranker's Major Projects
« on: December 26, 2020, 02:35:07 am »
+5
Who Am I?
Hello all current/future SDD students! My name is Alexander Kam Zhan Yue and I completed the NSW HSC in 2020. I came 2nd in the State in SDD with an exam mark of 97/100. SDD was my favourite subject and I put tons of passion and time into my major projects, more so than what was necessary of the marking criteria. At the end of the day, I wanted something that I could look back on with pride and wince at the occasional bug or two. Thus, I'd like to share two games that I completed for my major projects in Year 11 and Year 12 that can be freely available on itch.io. Both games were coded using C# and Unity.

Why Share Them?
Apart from my personal wish to share all my games with others, I also wanted to provide some resources to the community that gave me plenty. Attached on each of their itch.io pages is a link to the full development logbooks, containing the entire software development life cycle. All my Gantt charts, context diagrams, IPO charts, pseudocode, structure charts, etc, etc can be found there as well as the entirety of source code for both projects. Please feel free to use these as inspiration and as a basis on how to format your Major Project reports/logbooks.

My itch.io profile can be found on https://alexander-kam.itch.io/

These games are far from perfect and are probably chockfull of bugs. Nevertheless, I hope that these prove to be valuable resources in your future endeavours in SDD. The SDD Major Project is something that you have completely freedom over, whether you want to create a website, video game, or mobile app. If there are any questions or inquiries, please leave a comment or email me on [email protected]. I'm happy to share whatever notes and resources I used as well.