Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 06:15:45 am

Author Topic: SEAS  (Read 868 times)  Share 

Flykage

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
SEAS
« on: December 27, 2020, 09:40:09 pm »
Hello, was just wondering the extent to which SEAS effects your admission rank at unimelb, as at other institutions like Monash you can gain entry into a course with an ATAR 10 aggregate points less than the normal ATAR required. So i was just wondering if unimelb was similar.

p.s: I'm referring to category 1 SEAS.

Thanks!

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: SEAS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 10:49:18 am »
From memory, UniMelb hasn’t historically stated much about how much your ATAR can be affected by SEAS (in general). However, checking old stats, it seems that it can be affected by up to 10 aggregate points overall like other unis. UniMelb doesn’t offer subject bonuses though.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 10:50:55 am by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: SEAS
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 06:34:21 pm »
+1
Hello, was just wondering the extent to which SEAS effects your admission rank at unimelb, as at other institutions like Monash you can gain entry into a course with an ATAR 10 aggregate points less than the normal ATAR required. So i was just wondering if unimelb was similar.

p.s: I'm referring to category 1 SEAS.

Thanks!

unimelb has an access guarantee for certain categories of SEAS. I'm not sure if the eligibility requirements have changed, but previously cat 1 and cat 2 SEAS was automatically given access. The ATARs are significantly lower than the clearly in:

https://study.unimelb.edu.au/how-to-apply/special-entry-access-schemes/access-melbourne-undergraduate/guaranteed-entry-scores#:~:text=Who%20is%20eligible%20for%20Access,degrees%20listed%20below%20in%202021.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd