Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:37:52 am

Author Topic: Common Module study????  (Read 6900 times)  Share 

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
  • Respect: +25
Common Module study????
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:39:55 pm »
Hey, I really need help with how to structure my notes for the common module. My teacher suggested a table with certain 'prompts' which would be related to 3 texts we've studied, but I'm not sure it's entirely useful. I'm also not sure how to structure my notes or whether I should include other texts within my CM notes. Help pls :)
Remember, pain is temporary, but the HSC is for life
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

masterhiya

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
Re: Common Module study????
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 12:03:49 pm »
+4
Hi Nomsie. I did EE1 last year and hopefully my experience can help you. It's important to understand that Section 1 (Common Module) will ALWAYS be an unseen text/s. It is also important to understand that it can only be a critical or creative response. Because of this, I believe the best way to study is simply by 1. improving your writing as much as possible and 2. exposing yourself to these types of unseen prompts. Note: not the advanced English short-answer type, but question in the EE1 format.

The one set of notes I concur could be useful would be deep analysis of the rubric. Try understand exactly what the rubric is asking of you and what it wants you to do in the exam. For example, I found the rubric for any section extremely confusing. I sat down and did a sentence by sentence translation of the rubric into my own words. Then, I summarised the key points in order to gain a holistic view of what NESA wanted us to do in the common module.

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 12:08:35 pm »
+1
Hi Nomsie. I did EE1 last year and hopefully my experience can help you. It's important to understand that Section 1 (Common Module) will ALWAYS be an unseen text/s. It is also important to understand that it can only be a critical or creative response. Because of this, I believe the best way to study is simply by 1. improving your writing as much as possible and 2. exposing yourself to these types of unseen prompts. Note: not the advanced English short-answer type, but question in the EE1 format.

The one set of notes I concur could be useful would be deep analysis of the rubric. Try understand exactly what the rubric is asking of you and what it wants you to do in the exam. For example, I found the rubric for any section extremely confusing. I sat down and did a sentence by sentence translation of the rubric into my own words. Then, I summarised the key points in order to gain a holistic view of what NESA wanted us to do in the common module.

I just came to check if anyone responded and you did at the exact same time (the odds ahahha). Thank you, I ended up doing something very very similar for the rubric to try and grasp what exactly I need to do.

Thanks again! :)
Remember, pain is temporary, but the HSC is for life
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

masterhiya

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 07:55:53 pm »
No worries! Guess the verbose rubrics affect everyone...