Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:03:31 am

Author Topic: Getting supplies for university  (Read 1297 times)  Share 

hairs9

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +15
Getting supplies for university
« on: February 08, 2021, 01:04:39 pm »
I'm going shopping for uni supplies soon and I'm wondering what exactly I should get? What sort of stuff do you guys usually get for uni and is there anything extra that you have gotten that helps you out? Also, is there any advice on the best bags to get for uni?
2019-Methods [45], Psychology [41]
2020-English [38], Chemistry [43], Spesh [43], UMEP maths [4.5], ATAR: 99.05
2021-2024: Bachelor of Science - Advanced(Research) at Monash

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Getting supplies for university
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 04:17:30 pm »
+7
I'm going shopping for uni supplies soon and I'm wondering what exactly I should get? What sort of stuff do you guys usually get for uni and is there anything extra that you have gotten that helps you out? Also, is there any advice on the best bags to get for uni?
Depends on the person!

I know some people looove their stationary and it gets them really motivated to study if they have stuff they like so they really go all out getting some cool stuff. On the other hand others will be just fine with a laptop, charger, a few notebooks and some pens/highlighters.

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 05:36:32 pm »
+5

Hey hairs9,

I’m going into university as well so I may be able to help but as sine brilliantly surmised, it depends on the person. For example, this year I’m planning to do notes on my iPad and annotate my eBooks so I don’t actually need that much stationery. However, if you’re stuck in the middle of what to get for uni, I would recommend asking yourself these questions:

- Would you prefer to write your notes by hand or electronically (e.g. on an iPad or a laptop)?
- If you prefer to write your notes by hand, are there any particular pens that feel comfortable for you and that you enjoy using on a day to day basis?
- If you prefer to write your notes by hand, would you rather have several notebooks (depending on how many subjects you do) or loose leaf paper to write your notes on?
- If you prefer to write your notes by hand, are you willing to put in the effort of organising all of the paper (notes, worksheets, readings, syllabuses etc.) in a categorical/organisational system?
- Would you prefer to carry the weight of numerous textbooks and notebooks or would you prefer to store everything (e.g. notes and textbooks) on an electronic device such as an iPad?

But again, please do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Just remember that you don’t need to get super fancy or expensive stationery to be successful in uni, you don’t have to always write aesthetically pleasing notes and you don’t have to get the latest/trendiest stationery, accessories or electronic devices. It’s your choice, not anyone else’s.

Hopefully that helps and have fun at uni!

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 07:37:41 pm »
+1
Also, is there any advice on the best bags to get for uni?

There seems to be some good backpack suggestions in this 2019 thread. Not sure if the exact same bags are still currently being sold, but maybe worth having a look at. :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD