Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:26:36 pm

Author Topic: read this if ur bored (meth. chinese. spec. eng. bio. chem. acc journal)  (Read 632 times)

pans

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
Anyways hello...

Im in yr 11 this year studying 3/4 methods, 1/2 spec, eng, chem, bio, acc and I did chinese last year. I knew school would be stressful but I NEVER EXPECTED THE TESTS TO BE LIKE THIS! Like honestly, I keep getting SO LOW FOR MY TESTS even though I DO EVERY SINGLE HW ON TIME AND GET THEM CORRECT. Like im actually so confused. And I review lessons before class BUT ALL MY CLASSMATES KNOW EVERYTHING (even the ones teacher doesnt teach and I have no idea how to do it at all) -> ESPECIALLY FOR CHEMISTRY!!!!!!

Biology and Accounting srsly requires SO MUCH memorisation... i havent started memorising anything so omg.. Think im ded... AND SPEC AND METH.. maths (omfg bruh).. Anyways I go to meth 3/4 tuition and spec 1/2 tuition called breakthrough. Welp, im quitting after term 1 because I dont think im learning anything (its too hard and doesnt relate to my schools context). It feels like im just 'self-learning'. BUT I REALLY DO NEED TUITION BECAUSE METHODS IS HARD. ffs.spesh is hard guys (I wanna cry. i got so fking low for my sac, im not even kidding)..... I just dont get how people UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION!!!!!!!!!! Also,I am doing the cambridge checkpoint and omfg,I literally got more than half of PART A:1wrong... ALSO im so confused by circular and calculus.... i also cant remember the formulas...

And last of all... english. Bruh. I NEVER READ OKAY! N E V E R ! my eng skills is so SHIT. LIKE SO SHIT. Like last year we had to write an essay, I couldnt even finish it.... and my vocab is so LIMITED!omfg i hate this i wanna cry so badly, why am i so dumb.... and when i write english essays/ paragraph I always have to copy web (look on web) CUZ I DONT HAVE ANY IDEAS AND IDK HOW TO WRITE PRETTY......

guys.... vce is so exhausting. why is chem meth spesh eng so hard.

Pls anyone have any advice. or anything to tell me. Im so scared I wont even get 90 ATAR. Im so scared im never gonna get 90+ scores this year for my tests. Im actually so sad omg.... BUT IDK HOW TO IMPROVE. IM SERIOUSLY TRYING EVERYTHING BUT I JUST DONT GET ANYTHING.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:36:52 pm by pans »

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: read this if ur bored (meth. chinese. spec. eng. bio. chem. acc journal)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 12:54:55 pm »
+3
Hi pans,

It's great to see that you've started a VCE journal!

I'm sorry to hear you are having a bit of a tough time at the moment, but glad that you feel that this is a safe space to share your thoughts and feelings.

Reflecting back on my own year 11 & 12 experience, one thing that stuck with me is that these two years are a marathon, not a sprint. Two years is actually a lot of time, if you think about it. On the err on sounding cliche, not one mark defines you, nor defines your VCE outcome or ATAR, and it does not define all that you are bound to learn along the way in the next 2 years.

It is definitely ok to be feeling overwhelmed, but if this is the case, I would encourage you to reach out to teachers and classmates, and let them know! Although it may seem like year 11 & 12 is all about competition, at the end of the day, school learning is designed to be collaborative and being able to share the joys and stresses of the journey can help to sustain you through it all.

My advice would be to investigate different study styles that perhaps you haven't tried before. There has just been an influx of helpful info posted on this forum about study skills and styles, which I would encourage you to check out here. Take it one day at a time, one small task to the next. If you have any more specific questions about studying or subjects, make use of the amazing resources and advice givers on Atar Notes.

I look forward to hearing more about your journey.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD