Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:04:38 am

Author Topic: Psych student experiment feedback  (Read 1901 times)

atar84

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Psych student experiment feedback
« on: April 14, 2021, 01:17:42 pm »
Hi  :)
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on my psychology student experiment. I'm really trying to get an A so 17-20 marks / 20 marks but I feel like my assignment really is not at that standard. Any help, suggestions or comments (particularly in the limitations + improvements section as I'm struggling) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Psych student experiment feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 04:06:57 pm »
+4
Hi  :)
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on my psychology student experiment. I'm really trying to get an A so 17-20 marks / 20 marks but I feel like my assignment really is not at that standard. Any help, suggestions or comments (particularly in the limitations + improvements section as I'm struggling) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone!

Hi :)

Sure thing! I won't be able to get to it today but I'm happy to take a look when I can.

You did nothing wrong by posting here, but do you mind if I move your post to the feedback section? Will make it a bit easier to keep track of the feedback :)

atar84

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 10:16:48 am »
Sure,
Sorry! I wasn't exactly sure where to post it.  :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 10:37:46 am »
+1
Sure,
Sorry! I wasn't exactly sure where to post it.  :)

No worries at all! I'd definitely rather people take a shot at posting someone that seems right than not reach out for help :)

atar84

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 10:18:47 am »
Hi,
Just wondering if you had a chance to have a look.
Thanks!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 11:55:21 am »
+3
Hey,

I've had a chance to look now :)

Here's some feedback!

Looks like you have good psych knowledge but be careful with your writing. E.g. consistent use of past tense, spelling & grammar.

I'm still a bit confused by your discussion on allocation - you can use random allocation with an independent groups study design (even though in your case it was convenience allocation). Furthermore, did you visually inspect the data to see whether there was an approximate bell-curve shape?

Finally, you don't want your improvements to be based on data handling that you could fix easily right now (e.g. removing outliers, use of a different stat test). You made a good point earlier about not having a representative sample - consider how you could talk about this in your limitations and improvements section.

For improvements and extensions, look back through limitations and for every limitation try to identify at least one thing that could address that. Have you thought about your sample size?

I hope this helps and please feel free to follow up on any questions! :)