Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:16:37 am

Author Topic: FA3: Research Question  (Read 2827 times)

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
  • "I am not afraid to walk this world alone" - MCR
  • Respect: +22
FA3: Research Question
« on: July 14, 2021, 10:08:09 pm »
Hello.

This is my research question for my research investigation:
How effective are airbags in reducing the risk of fatalities during an angle collision of motor vehicles?

How do I improve, and is it specific enough?

Many Thanks. :)
Class of 2022!
Currently doing Unit 4: QCE
Physics || Chemistry ||Methods || General English || Ancient History || Religion & Ethics
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
Re: FA3: Research Question
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 07:51:08 pm »
+3
Hey Jinx_58,
I just saw the post you made the other day, where you RQ at the time was:
For my research investigation, this is my research question:
How effective are airbags in reducing the risk of fatalities during an angle collision of motor vehicles, and to what extent is this consistent according to Newton's second law of motion?
Is there a reason you removed the "and to what extent is this consistent according to Newton's second law of motion?"? I actually think this is a nice addition and gives you more to discuss.

A few just grammatical notes I have are:
  • I would say, "an angled collision between motor vehicles"
  • If you were to keep the second half, I would say, "and to what extent is this consistent with Newton's second law of motion?"
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 07:58:08 pm »
Howdy.

Thank you for the feedback.

My research question has changed, and I removed the Newton's 2nd Law bit because my teacher told me it would be hard to keep under 2000 words.

This is my drafted research question, if you still wish to look at it:
How advantageous are airbags in cars, and technology- powered ones in motorcycles, based on the force absorbed and the impulse that triggers the airbag inflation, in preventing fatalities during a motor vehicle collision?

Many Thanks. :)
Class of 2022!
Physics || Chemistry ||Methods || General English || Ancient History || Religion & Ethics
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 08:12:26 pm »
+2
My research question has changed, and I removed the Newton's 2nd Law bit because my teacher told me it would be hard to keep under 2000 words.
Ahh, I see I see. That's fair.

This is my drafted research question, if you still wish to look at it:
How advantageous are airbags in cars, and technology- powered ones in motorcycles, based on the force absorbed and the impulse that triggers the airbag inflation, in preventing fatalities during a motor vehicle collision?

This is pretty good and it seems like it will be an interesting report to write.
Though, I am unsure of what you mean by "technology-powered" airbags in motorcycles. Would it make more sense to say "how advantageous are airbags in cars and motorcycles"?

While, this question is pretty good I'd recommend rearranging it for the sake of comprehension. I'd probably write it something like this:
"When investigating force absorption and the magnitude of impulse required to trigger inflation, how advantageous are airbags in cars, and technology-powered ones in motorcycles, in the prevention of fatalities during motor vehicle collisions?"

Or, removing the "technology-powered" bit:
"When investigating force absorption and the magnitude of impulse required to trigger inflation, how advantageous are airbags in cars and motorcycles, in the prevention of fatalities during motor vehicle collisions?"
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 08:18:41 pm »
+3
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Our ISMG states a "specific and relevant research question", and my teacher said to choose a specific type of motorcycle airbag (there are many, check this interesting vid out if you wanna know more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2jZryt607U&ab_channel=FortNine )

Thanks again :D
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 08:22:17 pm »
+4
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Our ISMG states a "specific and relevant research question", and my teacher said to choose a specific type of motorcycle airbag (there are many, check this interesting vid out if you wanna know more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2jZryt607U&ab_channel=FortNine )

Thanks again :D

Ok awesome! :) The more you know ahaha.
That's very good. If you are able to find data for that then that is fantastic!