Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:23:33 am

Author Topic: charmingcloud's quest for a 69 atar  (Read 10296 times)

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
  • Respect: +10
charmingcloud's quest for a 69 atar
« on: October 13, 2021, 04:00:31 pm »
+3
Hello atarnotes!

I have randomly decided to start a vce journey journal. Updates may happen whenever I feel like it / remember to.

I accept no responsibility for any brain damage the trash quality of this may cause please do not sue me

I am in year eleven at some random (kind of overrated) selective school. I am probably bottom 10% of cohort lol
My subjects are:
English (gross)
Chinese (3/4)
methods (3/4)
spesh
physics
theatre
I am planning on swapping theatre for further next year, and I literally only did theatre this year because the school doesn't like people doing three maths in the same year.

also exams are soon aiya scary
18/10 Chinese oral (THERE'S LESS THAN A WEEK AND I HAVE HARDLY DONE ANYTHING HELPPPP)
3/11 methods 1
4/11 methods 2
16/11 Chinese written

I am kind of unprepared and have spent 90% of lockdown procrastinating, cannot wait to receive study scores in the single digits yay!!!
eh I guess there is always centerlink tafe

Also is anyone doing uni extension? Should I apply for it (even though I will have like 7 subjects with 4 maths)?
I don't know if the school will even let me do it

thank you for reading and good luck for the exams!
21: meth [48] ~ chinese [37]
22: english ~ spesh ~ physics ~ further

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: charmingcloud's quest for a 69 atar
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:20:19 pm »
+1
Yo!!! Dont even stress bout marks u have no idea how many people feel that pain. I got a 64% in RELIGION which was such an F! So don't stress, bad marks happen but ya know we can always improve. If u r even allowed to do chinese and methods 3/4 u can't be that bad, I got rejected from methods 3/4 lol...
I do hope u well in studying for ur exams, orals r scary -_-
Also with ur math subjects, be carful doing methods, futher and spec cause vcaa doesn't allow 3 maths in ur top 4, even if u get 50 in all of the, they will boot one down to a bottom 5th or 6th. I am doing a uni math subkect (gonna apply anyway lol) next year so i'm kinda nervous as well, talking to some kids doing it I think it may be alright. Like apparently it isn't incredibly hard and has some good overlap with methids, spec and it. turns it from 3 subjects to more like 2.5 or something.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 07:21:25 pm »
hi mabajas76
There is not that much point in stressing over marks, in fact the extra pressure might make marks even worse. But like that doesn't stop me from being sad about it oops. (also 64% is not a bad score, especially if the task was extra hard)
haha I didn't even meet the school's minimum requirements to do two 3/4s this year, but I think they just let everyone do it because last year was so bad (because covid).

also today I had my last ever methods class (so sad iknowright)
We got methods sac 3 back - it definitely could have been better, but also could have been worse
I am literally so angry at myself for not being able to read properly. There was this question I read as less than 4 when it said exactly four, then I spent so much effort doing that question and ran out of time of the last question (which was literally just basic addition)
And like I was so certain I was going that question right I did not even bother making my working out easy to understand, so I didn't even get a method mark for my (wrong) hard work. >:(
apparently sacs don't matter though (I REALLY hope this is true) so everything will be fine if I just do well in the exam

It's great how I just love making my life more difficult for myself. I did/am doing two subjects this year so I could chill next year with 4 subjects, but now I want to do uni extension too even though that would mean that one of my subjects (a math) would not count at all. As a lazy person, this sounds like a massive scam, but uni extension sounds cool and I can always just drop out if I am dying. Ahahhaha what am I saying the school hasn't even approved it yet idk if I'll even get to do uni extension.

I don't even know what I am doing like I should be memorizing my Chinese oral now, there's literally only a few days left. Okay maybe I should stop procrastinating and actually go do work. Bye guys! Good luck with your studies!

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 10:21:12 pm »
Update: I hate Chinese oral so much

like who decided this was a good idea this is more like a test of memorising skills rather than actually language stuff

:((((( it's okay I really hope chinese scaling will save me

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 02:28:23 pm »
chinese oral exam happened
it was okay

VCEStudent2034

• Trendsetter
  • ‘Believe you can and you’re halfway there.’ - T.R.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 02:43:50 pm »
+1
chinese oral exam happened
it was okay
Great! How do you think you went?

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 03:04:23 pm »
Noice, you get that 69% or higher?
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Kimchi27013

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 10:27:35 pm »
In regards to the uni extension subject, I don't know how Monash's one is but I would recommend doing the Melb one if you can. It might be because my teacher was good at explaining but if you ask lots of questions and challenge your understanding once in a while I think it is actually a good bottom 2 to have (it must be in bottom 2). You get more free time (if you drop one of your current studies) and I think that might actually be helpful if COVID affects next year again so you have more time to focus on your top 4. Another pro to this subject, and what my teacher said to lure me in, is that you will have greater access to your teachers than your uni lecturers. As in you will be able to ask more questions and get more help from them unlike in uni where the lecture is filled with a lotta kids and the professor aint got time to help individual students.

TLDR: I would recommend (if UniMelb Maths is offered at a school close to you) but you must put in the effort to understand (and I can't stress this enough)

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 12:33:36 pm »
Great! How do you think you went?
I am actually not sure. My voice was shaking like the entire time and I probably sounded very dead just and it was really obvious that I was just reciting all my answers. At least they only asked gc questions I had memorised. The detail study part was kind of weird because they asked questions about my topic I had, then they just started asking random questions about my picture. They literally asked the same question four times (what different people in my picture where holding), then they were like oh What's that table in the back? Why is there a picture on it? What's it for? so I just said random stuff and probably died

Noice, you get that 69% or higher?
I feel like I did worse yesterday than in the mock oral exams (where I got 30/40), so idk if I'll even get 69% (27.6/40)  *cries*

Also yes I am still waiting to see if the school wants to let me do uni extension next year, but I will probably do it if they let me. Although uni maths sounds hard and if there are more lockdowns next year I'm probably going to be too lazy to do anything oops

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 07:47:33 pm »
+7
Hi

I did a chinese mock exam and got 69/80

I am very proud of this achievement.

VCEStudent2034

• Trendsetter
  • ‘Believe you can and you’re halfway there.’ - T.R.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 09:39:14 pm »
Hi

Well DONE!

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 09:42:37 pm »
Hi

:)

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 12:25:27 pm »
+1
Haha thank you, I hope I can get 69 in the actual Chinese exam as well.

Also I just did methods exam 1 today... It felt a bit harder than 2020, but not too hard. I managed to do all the questions yay.
Hopefully exam 2 is not too much harder, I just hope I can get 90%. Hmm I should probably start writing things in my bound reference (which I basically haven't touched since sac 1 oops).

Good luck to everyone and their exams!!!!!!!

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 07:21:57 pm »
Hello

Methods exams are over (yay) !
I looked at the answers for some questions, and I lost at least 4 marks already in exam 2 (oops).

fingers crossed I really hope I don't lose any more marks because that would be very tragic ~ but not as tragic as my bound reference which was literally just me glueing together some papers the night before ~ hehe

Also the school approved me to do uni extension, but I think I might drop further and do algorithmics instead (totally not just for the 15 frees/week it will give me)

charmingcloud

• Adventurer
  • it's just life
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 07:33:28 am »
+4
Hello long time no see atarnotes

I got results for my subjects
methods 48