Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 08:44:55 pm

Author Topic: Finished exams now worried about the atar. Atar calculator saying 38.5😔  (Read 1801 times)  Share 

SOULXX

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: -2
What else can I do, I’m as equal as my bin outside with such score 😔

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
Re: Finished exams now worried about the atar. Atar calculator saying 38.5😔
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 06:44:14 pm »
Hey SOULXX,

Right now the best thing I can suggest is to not worry about what the ATAR calculator is spitting out at you as it is not basing the scores on 2021 data. There is no way of knowing what considerations we may get this year or what scores you got on the exams until the results get released. Take this time to relax as much as you can, you've done the best you can and there's always pathways to where you want to go
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

Commercekid2050

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 08:39:43 pm »
What else can I do, I’m as equal as my bin outside with such score 😔

Hi Soulxx,

I agree with SnekiSnek. I would not recommend you to look at ATAR calculator as they are mostly always wrong.  There is no actual way a person can predict what score you would get. I also wanted to congratulate you on finishing High School and would recommend you to not think too much about ATAR and just enjoy your break and rest you have earned it after such a difficult year.

Best of luck and hope this helped

2021 VCE- English, Math Method, Further Math,Accounting and Economics

2022-2026 Bachelors in Business (Taxation) and Accounting in Monash

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 09:30:41 pm »
In my experience, people tend to underestimate there scores severely. Beyond that, ATAR calcaulators r absolute rubbish. They don't consider any of the variables that vcaa actually uses. But anyway, don't stress too much...its just a number and there r tons of ways to get into a course/get a degree u want :)
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 07:04:07 pm »
Hi,

Firstly, exams are finished so try not to dwell on how you think you did/what scores you think you'll get. It's not worth stressing about something that you can't change. If it helps, avoid looking at potential answers for the exams you've sat, atar calculators etc. If you want to start looking at other options now you could try speaking to your careers counselor or the uni's about other options as well.

I’m as equal as my bin outside with such score 😔
Whatever score you get doesn't define you. VCE isn't the be all and end all. Please don't lower your self-esteem and confidence for a number. There will always be other pathways that you can take to get you to your dream career so don't lose hope if you don't do as well as you would've wanted.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 07:09:41 pm by Snow Leopard »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 12:07:27 pm »
+5
The hardest thing about an ATAR calculator is you need to get the study scores correct, and you won't know those until you get your results.

There are 2 main things you can do in this scenario:
1. Distract yourself from thinking about it
2. Plan your "what if" scenario for a low ATAR -> there are always multiple ways to get to a course career etc. Look up pathways and you may see it's not so bad

The ATAR can be scary but what's scarier is all of the meaning we attach to it, often meanings that don't need to be there.
The ATAR is a key that unlocks uni options. It does not tell you about the value of anything, intelligence, predict life success etc.

If you get a low ATAR, find a door that gets you on the path you want without needing that key.

Easier to say "dw" than to feel it but I hope this helps :)