Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:32 am

Author Topic: ˚ ༘♡ lin's vce archives ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ  (Read 8701 times)

Golgi Apparatus

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Re: ˚ ༘♡ lin's vce archives ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 03:31:27 pm »
+2
Hi Lin!

If anyone has any tips on how to do better in stoich, pls pls pls help a girl out. I'm always so confused when I have to do stoich calculations.

Here are some general tips for stoich. If there is anything more specific you’re struggling with or if you need help with any questions, let me know and I’ll see if I can help.

Two things you should almost always do is write a balanced equation, and convert something to moles. If you don’t know what to do, always start with this. Generally, you’ll be following the process:
1. Write balanced equation
2. Work out moles of known
3. Work out moles of unknown with mole ratios
4. Work out required value for unknown

It also helps to look at the data book if you don’t know what to do. Have a look at the equations and see if there are any you can use with the information you know. There may also be values like Vm or R that you’re forgetting about.

Be careful with units - e.g. make sure mass is in g before doing calculations

Further is literally my favourite subject right now. I'm finding it easy, I'm loving studying for it, I'm acing the chapter tests and my teacher is literally the best thing that has happened to me.

I felt the same way about further! Easily my favourite subject (until the exams… :()

Good luck with the English sac too!
VCE
2020: Biology
2021: Chemistry | English Language | Further | Methods | Psychology

2022: Bachelor of Biomedicine (UoM)

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 04:40:30 pm »
+2

I have my first official SAC on Monday, for the english creative piece. I'm pretty happy with my prep but I don't know if I'm hitting all the point on the rubric so lot's of revision is on the to-do list for me this weekend.

Ooo, what are you currently studying in english? I've got my creative response SAC/first english SAC on Monday too! Definitely have heaps of revision for this weekend but so far I too am enjoying english (my teacher is awesome too).

Further is literally my favourite subject right now. I'm finding it easy, I'm loving studying for it, I'm acing the chapter tests and my teacher is literally the best thing that has happened to me.

Ahhhhh! I'm also loving further at the moment. It's also probably my favourite subject! My teacher is supper helpful and makes every lesson so much fun! I used to hate maths, but now I love it! (PS. You're not the only one finding chemistry hard. For stoic, I would recommend just doing lots of practice questions. Make sure you learn from your mistakes and try and get plenty of help from your teacher if possible. Sometimes videos can help, and I've found the website "VCE Chemistry" and some ATARnotes post threads helpful. Try and get lots of feedback and maybe create a mistakes log. Stoic is hard, but don't give up! You've got this!).

I hope things in general start to settle down for you. I'll admit too, my start to year 12 have been super tough, but we'll get through it, make lots of memories, and hopefully come out the other side feeling proud that we just gave it our best shot! ;D
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚

2021 - Visual Communication and Design [43]

2022 - English | Further Maths | Chemistry | Biology

2023 - Science!!! Interested in pharmacology and immunology (basically, I love all things human biology) ☁️

f4irylin

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2022, 07:12:09 pm »
+1
Here are some general tips for stoich. If there is anything more specific you’re struggling with or if you need help with any questions, let me know and I’ll see if I can help.

Good luck with the English sac too!

aaa, omg tysm for this!! stoich makes a lot more sense when it's written out in concise steps like that, my teacher rlly made it super convoluted  for some reason...

and thank you!! just did the eng sac a couple of hours ago and im super happy with how i did (hopefully i stay happy when my results come aaa)

f4irylin

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2022, 07:21:12 pm »
+1
Ooo, what are you currently studying in english? I've got my creative response SAC/first english SAC on Monday too! Definitely have heaps of revision for this weekend but so far I too am enjoying english (my teacher is awesome too).

Ahhhhh! I'm also loving further at the moment. It's also probably my favourite subject! My teacher is supper helpful and makes every lesson so much fun! I used to hate maths, but now I love it! (PS. You're not the only one finding chemistry hard. For stoic, I would recommend just doing lots of practice questions. Make sure you learn from your mistakes and try and get plenty of help from your teacher if possible. Sometimes videos can help, and I've found the website "VCE Chemistry" and some ATARnotes post threads helpful. Try and get lots of feedback and maybe create a mistakes log. Stoic is hard, but don't give up! You've got this!).

I hope things in general start to settle down for you. I'll admit too, my start to year 12 have been super tough, but we'll get through it, make lots of memories, and hopefully come out the other side feeling proud that we just gave it our best shot! ;D

we're studying runaway by alice munro for our eng creative text. it's pretty dark (but apparently that's a criteria when my school picks the eng books) i rlly love munro's style of writing so i found the creative sac pretty fun to do!! and good luck for your sac!! i just finished mine a couple of hours ago and i definitely stressed more than i should have, haha, it wasn't as bad as i was hyping it up to be in my head lol.

omgg, also tysm for the tips!! i'll definitely be practicing chem and stoich a lot more!!

and honestly, further ftw!! i hope yr 12 gets better for the both of us, haha!!

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2022, 05:50:16 pm »
+1
we're studying runaway by alice munro for our eng creative text. it's pretty dark (but apparently that's a criteria when my school picks the eng books) i rlly love munro's style of writing so i found the creative sac pretty fun to do!! and good luck for your sac!! i just finished mine a couple of hours ago and i definitely stressed more than i should have, haha, it wasn't as bad as i was hyping it up to be in my head lol.

Oooo, that sounds really interesting! We're studying After Darkness which is also pretty dark ahaha (totally not obvious by the name). I surprisingly enjoyed the book (for the most part) and really liked the way Piper crafted the characters along with all the imagery and symbolism weaved throughout the text. I finished my creative SAC today and I'm so relieved. Yeah, I too stressed way to much about it but it wasn't even that bad ahaha! I'm glad your creative SAC went well! ;D
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚

2023 - Science!!! Interested in pharmacology and immunology (basically, I love all things human biology) ☁️

f4irylin

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2022, 11:52:43 pm »
+4
27/03/2022

hi, im so screwed and am always on the verge of tears, how's ur day going?

So, this is definitely not going to be like my other posts, unfortunately. No casualness or optimism or anything of that sort because I genuinely feel like I have screwed up this entire year already and now I don't know what to do with myself.

So, long story short, I haven't been to school in 3 entire weeks!!! Yep, that's right, I was away from school for longer than an entire term holiday. Pretty much what happened was, I've been struggling pretty badly with some horrible medical issues which rendered me completely useless and in constant pain for the past few weeks. So not only have I not been at school, I haven't been able to do any school work to keep up to date either.

I tried to drag myself to school on Friday and that ended up with my entire body literally shaking and me feeling like I was going to pass out through my entire first period and then I went home. A couple hours later and I was in hospital and getting shot up on medication through an IV line.

Now, I'm somewhat feeling better and I'm going to be starting school properly Monday onwards. One problem... I am so behind.

Technically, this week is supposed to be all SACs for me, chemistry, physics, English, further... the whole lot. Luckily, I managed to get in contact with my VCE team and I have them all rescheduled to date a little bit later.

So, now not only do I have to catch up on 3 weeks' worth content and study for my upcoming SACs, I have to juggle the new content we'll be moving onto. So, I guess I'm looking for some realistic advice on how I should tackle my situation.

The thing is, doing badly in VCE is not an option for me. I have to do well or my bad ATAR (aka anything less than 90) will be brought up to torture me every day of my life in the future. I have your stereotypical Asian tiger parents and my dad still brings up a C I got in science in year 10 and holds it over my head so... plus he was much more worried about my school absences than my health these past 3 weeks. So yes, I am currently a rolled up ball of anxiety and don't know what to do with myself.

How can I play catch while preparing for my SACs at the same time? How do I do that and continue working on the content for all my classes all at once? And say I do flop these upcoming SACs, is there still any chance of me getting a good enough ATAR to get into my dream course (97 ATAR... lol it sounds so undoable haha) or am I genuinely just done for? And is there any special consideration I can get to help my situation?

sorry for that vent, im kind of stressed if u couldnt tell... haha... anyway pls send realistic advice and help a girl out... tysm. and stream nct dream's new album ig lol, laugh through pain :D

xoxo, lin

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2022, 01:44:53 pm »
+4
-snip-
I believe there is a SEAS category for medical conditions that occurred over a fair period during your education e.g. 3 weeks over Year 12 (Category 3, I think?) in your SEAS application that you can fill out. Might help a little bit to ease that anxiety. Beyond this, I can recommend communicating with your teachers to see what can be done and how to catch up.

Hope that helps! (Sorry, rushed typing this.)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

f4irylin

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2022, 11:31:33 pm »
+2
I believe there is a SEAS category for medical conditions that occurred over a fair period during your education e.g. 3 weeks over Year 12 (Category 3, I think?) in your SEAS application that you can fill out. Might help a little bit to ease that anxiety.

oh wow! thank you so much, i just went through what seas was and i think it'll be super helpful. my school didn't tell my anything about this, they only told me about special provision for exams (like a break in the middle of an exam, etc) but that wouldnt really help me so thank you very much for letting me know about this!!

f4irylin

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2022, 11:42:01 pm »
+1
03/05/2022

hi, lol.

Term 2 has officially begun... I am not exactly looking forward to this term, yay. I ended up missing the entire last week of Term 1 because of health issues and just as my catch-up SACs have started, I'm down with a horrible flu. I think 2022 just has it out for me.

But, I finally completed my first Further Maths SAC today, while all my peers did it ages ago, lol. But, I didn't find it too bad. My notes were nice and neat for me to flip through and I'm feeling pretty confident about it.

What I'm not feeling confident about and am completely dreading, however, is my Chemistry SAC that is tomorrow. I have my catch-up SAC tomorrow and then a normal one that the whole cohort is doing next week too so I've got double the workload and it's taking a toll on me. Loving it here, woohoo. Eh, I feel like I don't have anything to lose at this point, I'm going to just going to do tomorrow's SAC and prepare more for the one coming up next week.

So, I was thinking... this year has not been the best for me and I'm trying to turn it around in my favour and I'm trying to do so much extra work to try and catch up and then there's just Physics. It's literally the bane of my existence, I chose it because I was interested in Radiography at the beginning of Year 11 and knew it was one of the recommended subjects but now I've kind of changed my mind about what my dream course is and now Physics is just there. It's so hard for me, I hate studying for it, nothing makes sense and no matter how many practice questions I do or how many notes I take, it never seems to pay off.

So, what if I dropped Physics??? I know it's a risky move, it would leave me with only 5 subjects altogether and I know my Biology study score (35) isn't the best but the course I want to get into needs an ATAR of 77 (nursing) which I think is attainable for me. Is it worth the risk? I think personally, if I can focus more on my other subjects which I also enjoy a lot more than I enjoy Physics, I can do better overall. Right now, I have 3 Physics SACs and 2 Physics Pracs looming over me that I need to complete (i missed them bc my body decided to shut down for 4 weeks, yay) and I just don't know if there's a point in me trying so hard in a subject that is completely useless to me and one that I genuinely hate, lol.

Has anyone done 5 subjects for VCE?? How did it turn out? Did it make Year 12 less stressful or did it stress you out more knowing you needed to do better since you have one less subject than most of the state?

but yeah, that's where im at rn... my mystery medical thing still has no diagnosis, i went to the ed a couple of time and the hospital literally kicked me out each time after telling me "there was nothing more we can do" so now im just chilling, ig. lol, fingers crossed it doesnt flare up and leave me dying in bed again, lol!!

xoxo, lin
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 11:43:58 pm by f4irylin »

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2022, 04:45:06 pm »
+1

So, what if I dropped Physics??? I know it's a risky move, it would leave me with only 5 subjects altogether and I know my Biology study score (35) isn't the best but the course I want to get into needs an ATAR of 77 (nursing) which I think is attainable for me. Is it worth the risk? I think personally, if I can focus more on my other subjects which I also enjoy a lot more than I enjoy Physics, I can do better overall. Right now, I have 3 Physics SACs and 2 Physics Pracs looming over me that I need to complete (i missed them bc my body decided to shut down for 4 weeks, yay) and I just don't know if there's a point in me trying so hard in a subject that is completely useless to me and one that I genuinely hate, lol.

Has anyone done 5 subjects for VCE?? How did it turn out? Did it make Year 12 less stressful or did it stress you out more knowing you needed to do better since you have one less subject than most of the state?

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick in year 12 sucks, and catching up on SACs does not sound like fun at all. However, I hope they go well.

In terms of dropping Physics, it is ultimately up to you but I would recommend it seeing that you are really not enjoying it. Year 12 is hard enough as it is, so studying something that is not adding much benefit to you and that's causing unnecessary stress is not helpful. I dropped studio arts a few weeks into term 1 and it's been such a relief. For me, it was more due to being burnout from completing year 12 VCD (design) last year, as I feared that a sixth subject would instead hinder my ability to focus on my other subjects and perform well. I also didn't want to risk burning out in all my other subjects. I feel so much less stressed now, and I do not regret dropping my subject load to five. Yes, there is more pressure for the exams, but for me, I didn't want to sabotage my own mental health and wellbeing in the hopes of obtaining the extra 10% (which wouldn't be all that helpful if I performed poorly in studio arts and across my other subjects).  Anyway, it is up to you at the end of the day. If you really want to keep going, then do it. However, don't push yourself to do it if you know deep down that you can't, especially since it seems to be causing you unnecessary stress and dread. Doing five subjects overall is absolutely fine!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 06:05:17 pm by little_creative_journals »
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚

f4irylin

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2022, 11:27:00 pm »
+1
I hope you feel better soon. Being sick in year 12 sucks, and catching up on SACs does not sound like fun at all. However, I hope they go well.

In terms of dropping Physics, it is ultimately up to you but I would recommend it seeing that you are really not enjoying it. Year 12 is hard enough as it is, so studying something that is not adding much benefit to you and that's causing unnecessary stress is not helpful. I dropped studio arts a few weeks into term 1 and it's been such a relief. For me, it was more due to being burnout from completing year 12 VCD (design) last year, as I feared that a sixth subject would instead hinder my ability to focus on my other subjects and perform well. I also didn't want to risk burning out in all my other subjects. I feel so much less stressed now, and I do not regret dropping my subject load to five. Yes, there is more pressure for the exams, but for me, I didn't want to sabotage my own mental health and wellbeing in the hopes of obtaining the extra 10% (which wouldn't be all that helpful if I performed poorly in studio arts and across my other subjects).  Anyway, it is up to you at the end of the day. If you really want to keep going, then do it. However, don't push yourself to do it if you know deep down that you can't, especially since it seems to be causing you unnecessary stress and dread. Doing five subjects overall is absolutely fine!

omg, hii!! thank you for ur kind words,, im almost done with all my sac catch ups so phew for that. it definitely wasn't fun but i'm glad they're almost all done!!

and you're most definitely right! doing a subject that's just adding pressure and stress in year 12 will probably not bode well in the long term... peak the 2022 subjects i've got in my bio/signature thing haha... i bit the bullet and have decided to drop physics. i told my parents today (my dad is not happy with me lol but i really cant continue living my life to his expectations tbh) and i've organised a meeting with my coordinators already so hopefully, fingers crossed, all goes well and i never have to open my physics textbook ever again haha.